HCP Backlog....longer than ever now

Guest abailey362

Guest abailey362

Called yesterday to check on my permit (over 60 days now) and I was told that they were just getting to applications submitted in March. This would make it 120 days, give or take a few. I thought they only had 90 days to issue or deny...guess I was wrong. At this pace, I might get mine by fall :bowrofl:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GUTTERbOY

They issued mine not too long after the 90 day point, even though they said that they were still waiting on background checks. So I'm guessing that the 90 days is real days and not business days, or else they probably would have told me to keep waiting.

....I thought they only had 90 days to issue or deny...guess I was wrong. At this pace, I might get mine by fall :bowrofl:

That's really bad news.

TN Code does say 90 days, period. Doesn't stipulate business days.

From 39-17-1351:

"(l) The department shall issue a permit to an applicant not prohibited from obtaining a permit under this section no later than ninety (90) days after the date the department receives the application."

- OS

Guest abailey362

it's not that everyone's getting one right now, just the new safety measures on renewals.

What I don't understand is that we run the same type of b/g check for hiring (someone actually goes to each courthouse and checks records.) I submitted one today that will cover 4 counties and my ETA is 7/14 for the results. Shouldn't take the gov. 6 months to do the same.

it's not that everyone's getting one right now, just the new safety measures on renewals.

What I don't understand is that we run the same type of b/g check for hiring (someone actually goes to each courthouse and checks records.) I submitted one today that will cover 4 counties and my ETA is 7/14 for the results. Shouldn't take the gov. 6 months to do the same.

Hahahaha, yah, as if the government is the model of efficiency at anything...

In the meanwhile, you're more than welcome to carry a slingshot. :bowrofl:

I have no clue how difficult it is for them to conduct the necessary BG check, but if a BG check while purchasing a firearm can be conducted in a few short minutes, you'd think it wouldn't be much more difficult for the DOS.

Guest bkelm18
Its 90 days.... period.

I'd like to know if it would help for someone to call the Attorney General's office and complain about how they are breaking state law!

That would probably result in... nothing happening.

Guest pjblurton
Called yesterday to check on my permit (over 60 days now) and I was told that they were just getting to applications submitted in March. This would make it 120 days, give or take a few. I thought they only had 90 days to issue or deny...guess I was wrong. At this pace, I might get mine by fall :D

Just imagine if your name was Naifeh! You'd have yours the next day!:bowrofl:

Guest DylisTN

finished finger printing april 5 th

Got my permit june 26th.

I worked for the state of FL, a long time ago. And played the "game"

The state increased their workload by making them do background checks for renewals. Now we have delays. It doesn't matter if they had extra time before, (and, I don't know if they did), but they have to show that they need help. And, that might be legitimate. We on the outside will never know for sure. But the delay will not decrease untill the staph:p is increased. That's just the way it is in any burocratic system.

Its 90 days.... period.

I'd like to know if it would help for someone to call the Attorney General's office and complain about how they are breaking state law!

Can you go ahead and do that for us? I've got a feeling that would be a good way to have your application put on the bottom of the stack!

Edited by Garufa
I am Quote challenged

<<Its 90 days.... period.

I'd like to know if it would help for someone to call the Attorney General's office and complain about how they are breaking state law!>>

That's what I'll do if it takes more than 90 days on mine. Maybe get a discount for it taking so long. haa..ha.hhaaaa.... yea right

But why do some people I know have theirs when they submitted the same time I did back in April. The woman got hers back in 5 weeks and her hubby got his in like 9 or 10 weeks. My went in on April 14 and Monday will be 3 months.

• Administrator
But why do some people I know have theirs when they submitted the same time I did back in April. The woman got hers back in 5 weeks and her hubby got his in like 9 or 10 weeks. My went in on April 14 and Monday will be 3 months.

I'd give them a call and see what they can tell you. If they try to brush it off, just ask nicely if they wouldn't mind checking for you. Make something up. Tell them you live in a really bad neighborhood and don't feel safe walking the dog. :cool:

From what I've heard, polite persistence seems to get permits cut and sent out. That's what I plan on having the wife do as we get closer to the 70-80 day mark. :D

Guest nraforlife
Just imagine if your name was Naifeh! You'd have yours the next day!:cool:

Seems like a criminal investigation should be brought to ascertain how Naifeh got his in one day while EVERYONE elses takes 90+

Guest EasilyObsessed

I waited till just a few days after 90 on my renewal. Called, gave them my DL #, confirmed my name and address, and they told me my new permit would be at my door in 7-10 days. I spent more time going through menu options than I did on the phone with a live person.

Guest GLOCKGUY

i just know when it comes time to get my permit renewed im going to the DMV and doing it that way i can still carry while i wait on my new permit. i would rather wait there for 3 hours then wait over 90 days for it

Guest readyornot

I renewed mine in Knoxville at the DMV on March 12. Still have not received new card. I called this week and they said they were running 90 days and I explained to her that 90 days was June 12. She said it was 90 days from when they started processing the renewal. I have been carrying the paper they gave me at the DMV with the yellow sticker showing when I renewed and that I paid. It's a hassle to carry the paper instead of the card but I'm still legal so no big deal. Hopefully I'll get it before it's time to renew again.