HCP Backlog....longer than ever now

Guest abailey362

We are all screwed if the goberment goes to that 4 day work week!:cool:

Why do you say that? It is my understanding that the workers still put in the same number of hours on the job, and they will be doing it so that some people are taking their extra day on Monday and others on Friday, so the hours of operation will not change.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad I got my renewal in earlier this year before all of the issues they've had... between their revamped system and the huge influx of new applications, it'll take them all year to recover.

The more the merrier though. This has got to be sending a message.

Guest db99wj
Why do you say that? It is my understanding that the workers still put in the same number of hours on the job, and they will be doing it so that some people are taking their extra day on Monday and others on Friday, so the hours of operation will not change.

Because if they are actually were to use "business days" that would mean it could take 154 actual days..:cool:

Actually I think the 4 day work week is not a bad idea, not that I could do it with my kind of career.

I think that I saw somewhere that the handgun permits section is being moved to be under the TN. State Trooper division. This was because of all of the complaints about taking so long. Has anyone else heard this?

:cool::shrug:

Guest GUTTERbOY
Because if they are actually were to use "business days" that would mean it could take 154 actual days..:koolaid:

But they don't, so it's a moot point.

Guest db99wj
But they don't, so it's a moot point.

But they could. Some governments are looking into the 4 day, 10 hour work week, or at least that's what some reports on the news are saying. It is a cost saving move that can save a lot of money. Same work week, but they don't have to run the systems one additional day, AC, computers, lights, etc. It is also a savings for the worker, they still put in the hours, but they have to drive one less day to work. So yes, I agree, moot at this point, but in the future, it could get worse or at least longer.

It is also a savings for the worker,

Ironically enough, if they put me on a 4 day week it will cost me money. Right now I drive 3 miles to a park & ride and take the bus. With the proposed new schedule I won't be able to do that anymore. I'll go from driving 18 miles per week for work to 160 miles per week.

Guest db99wj
Ironically enough, if they put me on a 4 day week it will cost me money. Right now I drive 3 miles to a park & ride and take the bus. With the proposed new schedule I won't be able to do that anymore. I'll go from driving 18 miles per week for work to 160 miles per week.

Why. We don't have those here. Why could you still not ride it? Times?

Why. We don't have those here. Why could you still not ride it? Times?

Exactly. Currently there isn't a bus that runs late enough in the evening out to the area where I live. The good news is that it won't cause your HCP renewal to be late. :koolaid:

Guest GUTTERbOY
But they could. Some governments are looking into the 4 day, 10 hour work week, or at least that's what some reports on the news are saying. It is a cost saving move that can save a lot of money. Same work week, but they don't have to run the systems one additional day, AC, computers, lights, etc. It is also a savings for the worker, they still put in the hours, but they have to drive one less day to work. So yes, I agree, moot at this point, but in the future, it could get worse or at least longer.

Actually, my point was that the 90 day period is actual days, not business days, at least based upon my experience. So unless that changes, the four-day work week is irrelevant.

Side note, if I had a job and could choose to work just four ten-hour days, I'd be all over that.

:koolaid:

Guest db99wj
Actually, my point was that the 90 day period is actual days, not business days, at least based upon my experience. So unless that changes, the four-day work week is irrelevant.

Side note, if I had a job and could choose to work just four ten-hour days, I'd be all over that.

:)

Gotcha. One reason I mentioned it is because it looks as if it is actually taking longer than the 90 days in many cases.

Could the AG come out and make a "ruling" that the 90 days is really "business days". :koolaid:

Guest db99wj
Exactly. Currently there isn't a bus that runs late enough in the evening out to the area where I live. The good news is that it won't cause your HCP renewal to be late. :koolaid:

Hmm. That would screw you up. I bring the 4 day work week up somewhat jokingly on the time they are taking for renewals, but it is something that has been in the news. Either the state of Mississippii or it was some of the governements at the county level are looking at going to the 4 day work week. I have heard it on the radio as well on national shows, but don't recall the specific states.

Guest GUTTERbOY
Gotcha. One reason I mentioned it is because it looks as if it is actually taking longer than the 90 days in many cases.

Could the AG come out and make a "ruling" that the 90 days is really "business days". :shrug:

My impression is that the only folks who ave been commonly going over the 90-day term are those with renewals... offhand, I'm not sure if the 90 day deadline applies to renewals or not. As I recall, the law is speaking of new applicants when it mentions the 90 day deadline.

That said, it took 97 days from the time I turned in my application until the day I found my letter in the mailbox. I'm guessing that at least some of those extra days can be accounted for between getting my app from my DOS office to Nashville, and the time it took to seal up and mail the permit to me. They issued it after I called on about day 92 to check, and I was told they were still waiting on my background check, but that they would go ahead and issue it to me. I presume that that offer was due to it being past 90 days.

Guest TheBulldog

It's not TBI or the state holding it up, It is the FBI check that takes forever.

The FBI DRAGS it's feet on it.

My NYC Permit when I had one took 18 Months and 5 Grand to get because it required someone running to the Federal Bldg and GETTING it done.

My Connecticut Permit took 9 Months, Same things then, The FBI Check.

The FBI does NOT like doing these checks.

The TBI check you would think could be enough, but the law here has us using the FBI to double check I guess.

Funny, the TBI check when you buy is good enough and why they added the FBI stuff is beyond me.

I mean dang, it all comes from the SAME NCIC database!

The peeps in Permiting know this, that is why they issue as the FBI drags on.

I think that I saw somewhere that the handgun permits section is being moved to be under the TN. State Trooper division. This was because of all of the complaints about taking so long. Has anyone else heard this?

If I remember correctly the FBI cut the DOS off from the database because the dept that does the background checks for HCPs was not law enforcement or something stupid like that so TN put that dept under the TBI to circumvent the problem. But now they were cut off from the database for so long they are badly backed up.

My impression is that the only folks who ave been commonly going over the 90-day term are those with renewals... offhand, I'm not sure if the 90 day deadline applies to renewals or not. As I recall, the law is speaking of new applicants when it mentions the 90 day deadline.

That said, it took 97 days from the time I turned in my application until the day I found my letter in the mailbox. I'm guessing that at least some of those extra days can be accounted for between getting my app from my DOS office to Nashville, and the time it took to seal up and mail the permit to me. They issued it after I called on about day 92 to check, and I was told they were still waiting on my background check, but that they would go ahead and issue it to me. I presume that that offer was due to it being past 90 days.

You are right...no time limit on renewals. Remember...you can renew up to 6 months before your permit expires.

The 90 days also starts from the time the recieve the application in Nashville...so 97 would be about the maximum, but I'm sure some of those 7 extra days were sending it to Nashville, then back to you.

Guest grimel
it's not that everyone's getting one right now, just the new safety measures on renewals.

What I don't understand is that we run the same type of b/g check for hiring (someone actually goes to each courthouse and checks records.) I submitted one today that will cover 4 counties and my ETA is 7/14 for the results. Shouldn't take the gov. 6 months to do the same.

And I'm rapidly approaching 2 YEARS getting my clearance. I've only answered the SAME questions FOUR times. My paperwork has timed out twice, once because the woman had a baby and took 13 weeks FMLA and NOBODY did anything to the requests on her desk.:):shrug::D:mad:

... It is the FBI check that takes forever.

The FBI DRAGS it's feet on it.....

According to TCA, the only involvement that the FBI has is to check the fingerprints against its database. Since that is a computerized automated search, it should not take long.

- OS

According to TCA, the only involvement that the FBI has is to check the fingerprints against its database. Since that is a computerized automated search, it should not take long.

- OS

Remember, we're talking about Government Employees. They aren't know for being the most productive bunch.:D

Guest abailey362
I got mine in the mail today! about 87 days from when I turned it in. I called or it would have been longer I think.

congrats....so that would have put you about the same time as someone else that posted today...about 2 weeks before mine was put in.

my birthday is in 2 weeks.....maybe I'll at least have it by then

Guest mikedwood
congrats....so that would have put you about the same time as someone else that posted today...about 2 weeks before mine was put in.

my birthday is in 2 weeks.....maybe I'll at least have it by then

Call them and they will pull it up to check and if all the stuff is in and you have the right operator they will go ahead and issue it and mail it. Don't call the 800 number it seems to be broken call the local Nashville number.