The Resistance is beginning...

And yet, the Shoe & Underwear Bombers came from abroad.  TSA is successful.  There has not be a single plane hijacked and crashed into a building since they have been around. It is the same old crap.  When a weapon is used to save lives, it rarely gets any attention.  When it is used to take lives, everyone hears about it. It's on every news Channel, and in in every liberal politicians rant about ridding us of our guns.  When TSA keeps a plane safe, no one hears about it.  But, God Forbid, another one gets hijacked, you will know.  Same old story. When they do good, no one remembers, when they do bad, no one forgets. They even make up crap.

Stop blaming TSA, they do the job they are hired to do.  There are many reasons why very few airports go to "Private" Companies.  There are just as many as why they often go back to TSA.  There is an option to go to private security.  Few do, and when they do, some go back to TSA.  But no matter what, the private companies are still required to follow the DHS/TSA SOP.

The training may not be as good. I do not know for sure.  And private means the airlines, airports and security companies get the blame for everything.  THEY mostly prefer the Government to get the blame.

You want to start a different thread on this, I'll be glad to answer questions to the best of my ability, and to the best of my allowance.  But it would be better served to let this thread go back to it's original topic.

I've been watching your defense of the TSA. I don't fly anymore just because of those assholes. I have no idea where you came from, or what you "know", but you're wasting your time with me. The TSA, all of them, need to be rounded up and sent back to their old gigs in the fast food industry. They have ONE fan in this world... you.

• Like 6
Guest Lester Weevils

Yup there must be some folks who either need to fly real bad, or they don't have any pride at all,  to keep the airlines in business, because unless there's some kind of crazy life-or-death emergency I'll never fly again, solely because of the TSA nonsense.

Could it possibly have something to do with a 34 year old male super glueing a Ceramic Chef knife way up high in his inner thigh?

So that makes everything the TSA does in terms of assaulting innocent travelers okay?  By that logic, police should be able to strip search anyone they want during a traffic stop, since there have been accounts of female offenders hiding switchblade knives in their snatches.  If it saves one life.....

• Like 2

I've been watching your defense of the TSA. I don't fly anymore just because of those assholes. I have no idea where you came from, or what you "know", but you're wasting your time with me. The TSA, all of them, need to be rounded up and sent back to their old gigs in the fast food industry. They have ONE fan in this world... you.

Make no mistake. I am not a FAN of the TSA. I don't fly.  If I travel to San Francisco, or Washington DC, or Seattle, or Houston, I ride.  But your remarks are so fucking stupid you really need to have a background check about your mental issues..

I'm done with a bunch of lame ass whiners and snivelers that don't have a clue about what the real world is like..  Send me a message and i'll give you my address and invite you to change my ....attitude.

Make no mistake. I am not a FAN of the TSA. I don't fly.  If I travel to San Francisco, or Washington DC, or Seattle, or Houston, I ride.  But your remarks are so ####ing stupid you really need to have a background check about your mental issues..

I'm done with a bunch of lame ass whiners and snivelers that don't have a clue about what the real world is like..  Send me a message and i'll give you my address and invite you to change my ....attitude.

Probably a good thing that you're done with us. Why would I visit you? I just wish you would go away.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1

Make no mistake. I am not a FAN of the TSA. I don't fly.  If I travel to San Francisco, or Washington DC, or Seattle, or Houston, I ride.  But your remarks are so ####ing stupid you really need to have a background check about your mental issues..

Wow, you really get your tampon in a bunch when folks insult the TSA.  I'd say there is a higher than average sampling of people here who absolutely know what the real world is like.  I'm one of them. 

We don't need the TSA.  If the reason the TSA exists is to stop planes from being flown into buildings we solved that problem with reinforced cockpit doors.  There, problem solved for what it costs the government to employ one brain-dead, mouth breathing waste of oxygen TSA agent.

• Like 4

Wow, you really get your tampon in a bunch when folks insult the TSA.  I'd say there is a higher than average sampling of people here who absolutely know what the real world is like.  I'm one of them. 

We don't need the TSA.  If the reason the TSA exists is to stop planes from being flown into buildings we solved that problem with reinforced cockpit doors.  There, problem solved for what it costs the government to employ one brain-dead, mouth breathing waste of oxygen TSA agent.

Sure you don't wanna go visit him at the troll bridge and change his attitude?

Sure you don't wanna go visit him at the troll bridge and change his attitude?

No way man, according to his post this guy is all kinds of alpha... I'd just be walking into an assbeating of severe proportions, obviously. :)

Edited by TMF
  • Like 2

We don't need the TSA.  If the reason the TSA exists is to stop planes from being flown into buildings we solved that problem with reinforced cockpit doors. 

Wow, you really do live in a small world.  Those re-inforced cock pit doors are laughable.

Well let me ask you a simple question.  A 31 year old woman comes through and her Carry  Luggage has a Gift pack, completely wrapped with a seal The package consists of Summer Sausage, a little Cheese and a few other items.  Her daughter is carrying an unopened gift pack of  various codiiments, in the form of Black Pepper. Sea Salt, Cumin, Chile Powder etc.

The next woman in lines has a Bag containing tootbrush, toothpaste, a small bottle of tooth picks.

The fourth woman in line has a dirty pair of Tennis Shoes with old laces.

The man in the group has a metal flask that carries less than the "3.4 ounce restriction.

Would you stop them, or let 'em go?

You would be a  fool to allow that combination on an airplane, or any building

That situation could have ended in yet anoter city but it wasn't  TSA stopped it..

Edited by Bear

I am saving yourself a lot of grief, enjoy the vacation.

Coming on here making veiled threats and hurling insults will not be tolerated. Enjoy the vacation and don't forget to read the rules with all your free time on your hands.

Dolomite

• Like 3

Wow, you really do live in a small world.  Those re-inforced cock pit doors are laughable.

Well let me ask you a simple question.  A 31 year old woman comes through and her Carry  Luggage has a Gift pack, completely wrapped with a seal The package consists of Summer Sausage, a little Cheese and a few other items.  Her daughter is carrying an unopened gift pack of  various codiiments, in the form of Black Pepper. Sea Salt, Cumin, Chile Powder etc.

The next woman in lines has a Bag containing tootbrush, toothpaste, a small bottle of tooth picks.

The fourth woman in line has a dirty pair of Tennis Shoes with old laces.

The man in the group has a metal flask that carries less than the "3.4 ounce restriction.

Would you stop them, or let 'em go?

You would be a  fool to allow that combination on an airplane, or any building

That situation could have ended in yet anoter city but it wasn't  TSA stopped it..

I have all that stuff in my house. Is that supposed to be some kind of field expedient bomb? Do they teach every TSA halfwit that these items are somehow dangerous or just the exceptional ones with IQs above 60?

And no, I don't live in a small world. I live in a world where I'd rather have a plane hijacked every once in a while than hand over freedoms. The zero defect society that you and your ilk dream of isn't possible without infringing on every aspect of a person's life. Life comes at risk from the moment you're born until the moment before you die. Accept it. Embrace it. The answer is not to restrict liberty in order to prevent disaster, it is to come up with passive measures to prevent incident, such as reinforced doors, and active measures such as Sky Marshals. If we had a Marshal on 50% of flights it would eliminate the threat of hijackings completely without infringing on a single person's rights and would be far cheaper than the TSA which is nothing but a welfare program for people with zero intelligence or job skills. I hate making such a broad assessment, but I have yet to meet a TSA agent that wasn't a complete retard.

Edited by TMF
  • Like 6
Guest 556or762

Thank you Dolomite and to the rest, if you didnt notice that was a baiting game, he baited, you jumped right in. Most if not all that come to a forum like this then almost immediately start something like that are here for their daily drama fix, Im out on that. As far as a field expedient bomb being made by 4 people on an airplane with no one noticing, actually doing it properly and executing a strike with it, It is highly unlikely.  I end this little response with a Quote

"Those that would forgive a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both" Thomas Jefferson.  I truly believe in these words from a man far more learned than most of us and I thank him every day for leaving the legacy he left to "The People" and try in my own way not to destroy that legacy with stupidity.

and again.... Im out!

Edited by 556or762

I gave him 7 days so he may or may not be back. I also told him if he didn't change I would kick him for good. He is NEW so maybe he just hasn't figured out we are not that kid of board or maybe he was trolling. EIther way I am giving him a second chance and it will be his choices whether he will stay or go.

Dolomite

• Like 1
Guest 556or762

I gave him 7 days so he may or may not be back. I also told him if he didn't change I would kick him for good. He is NEW so maybe he just hasn't figured out we are not that kid of board or maybe he was trolling. EIther way I am giving him a second chance and it will be his choices whether he will stay or go.

Dolomite

Roger That, seemed unduly confrontational to me, hope he gets bak in it in the right frame of mind this is not about arguing with everyone just cause you can. I need to get with you about a subsonic .308 load Im working on will pm.

Guest Gunbunnie

And yet, the Shoe & Underwear Bombers came from abroad.  TSA is successful.  There has not be a single plane hijacked and crashed into a building since they have been around. It is the same old crap.  When a weapon is used to save lives, it rarely gets any attention.  When it is used to take lives, everyone hears about it. It's on every news Channel, and in in every liberal politicians rant about ridding us of our guns.  When TSA keeps a plane safe, no one hears about it.  But, God Forbid, another one gets hijacked, you will know.  Same old story. When they do good, no one remembers, when they do bad, no one forgets. They even make up crap.

Stop blaming TSA, they do the job they are hired to do.  There are many reasons why very few airports go to "Private" Companies.  There are just as many as why they often go back to TSA.  There is an option to go to private security.  Few do, and when they do, some go back to TSA.  But no matter what, the private companies are still required to follow the DHS/TSA SOP.

The training may not be as good. I do not know for sure.  And private means the airlines, airports and security companies get the blame for everything.  THEY mostly prefer the Government to get the blame.

You want to start a different thread on this, I'll be glad to answer questions to the best of my ability, and to the best of my allowance.  But it would be better served to let this thread go back to it's original topic.

How many times has TSA missed guns, tasers, and knives. The job can be done far better, without groping, and taking nudie pictures. Metal detectors and working dogs. Dog gives the signal pull that person to the side. Anything the dogs or metal detector misses would be missed anyway. Saves time and money while reducing the size of TSA.

How many times has TSA missed guns, tasers, and knives. The job can be done far better, without groping, and taking nudie pictures. Metal detectors and working dogs. Dog gives the signal pull that person to the side. Anything the dogs or metal detector misses would be missed anyway. Saves time and money while reducing the size of TSA.

We don't know how many times guns tasers or knives get through, its not like there is a kiosk on the other end for you to contribute the fact that youve succesfully amuggled contraband on your flight, if I had to guess I'd say not nearly as often as they get caught.

Yes, the job can be done better by private groups IMO, it is however very important for a set of standards to be implemented and not just left up to the discretion of the airlines. And by the way, those nudie pics leave an awful lot to the imagination it's not anything like the X-ray spec type image that most people have conjured up in their minds.

Metal detectors and dog are completely useless against some threats, they'd work we'll enough for bombs and metal contraband but would be completely useless against anything not made of metal or in the training for the dogs, the K9s have a limited number of things they can effectively be trained to sniff out.

Also just curious, do you have any idea how much those dogs cost? Not only are they very expensive $5,000-$10,000 they are also very expensive to upkeep, plus you have the additional cost of handlers. K9 approved vehicles etc. You'd need many dogs per terminal, they can really only be effective for about 20 minutes of every hour. Plus they only have an average career of 5-7 years. Honestly not as effective and not as economical. Not by a long shot. In fact, not even close at all.

As far as the frisking and ball grabbing, I just wish they'd offer opposit sex pat downs, I'm a single so I could use the excitement.

And by the way, those nudie pics leave an awful lot to the imagination it's not anything like the X-ray spec type image that most people have conjured up in their minds.

So that boner I work up every time before going into the body scanner has just been a waste of time?
  • Like 2