Walther customer support

z90HD

Has anyone experienced Walthers customer/repair support?

I recently picked up a PK380 second hand. It came with 2 mags full of ammo. I shot 1 mag and it did great. I reloaded the same mag and shot 1 round with a FTE. Cleared it and shot agian with another FTE and so on  etc, etc.

Today I took it to my local gun smith and he said the extractor is worn out and looks as if some one had done some work on it causing it to not reach in far enough to catch the case. So now I call Smith and Wesson and tell them what the pistol is doing, and the dude on the phone says we'll take care of it. He took my mailing information to send me a box to send it to them..

So hence the question, has anyone had to deal with them with a similar situation? I think Walther or Smith offered lifetime warrranty on these pistols but to the first purchaser only. The guy on the phone did not ask any questions so im curious, and I even asked him if this will cost me anything and he said it should'nt.

Thanks for any info

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From many reports I have read on the Walther forum, S&Ws service is spotty. Sometimes it is great, sometimes

makes you pull your hair out. Walthers split from S&W should be an improvement. I have a PPQ in 40 S&W. Haven't

had any problems thus far.

How this works out will be a wait & see, but the folks on the Walther forum that deal with issues on a regular basis

are thrilled with the change.

FWIW

I sent my PPS to Walther in Arkansas last month.   Latest email from them is that I shouldn't expect anything until April.  

Not happy about that, but the defect in the barrel was too much to trust.  I hope to have it back this summer, hopefully.

Smith & Wesson service is 2nd to none in the industry. They took some heat over some Walther problems and recalls because Walther couldn’t get them parts; but I think they handled it. If S&W says they will fix, I would think they will.

But why is S&W fixing it? I thought that S&W quit being the importer for Walther?

S&W makes the PPK here, and Walther makes the M&P22 there. I certainly would like to see that stop. I can’t round out my M&P collection until they start making it here. biggrin.gif

I would call the following number to discuss your warranty question:

Walther America

Sales and Warranty Service

2100 Roosevelt Ave.

Springfield, MA 01104

Phone:  800-372-6454

Fax: 413-747-3317

Email: customerservice@waltheramerica.com

Walther recently terminated their agreement with Smith and Wesson and you may have better luck calling them directly.

Before I called S&W I did call Walther America and they told me they do not have any parts at all for the PK 380's. Smith was handling all the PK's and that they might have the parts in stock or might not. Then the guy tells me that Walther will be getting control of all parts from S&W for all the Walthers in April and if I wanted to wait  I could call them back then. Well I did not want to wait so I called S&W and now Im waiting on the box they said they were sending me to ship it back to them.

Im still curious though as I stated above, I bought it second hand so do I have to worry about them not honoring any warranty work?

The guy on the phone did not verify any information if I was the original owner or does their warrany carry on?

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Before I called S&W I did call Walther America and they told me they do not have any parts at all for the PK 380's. Smith was handling all the PK's and that they might have the parts in stock or might not. Then the guy tells me that Walther will be getting control of all parts from S&W for all the Walthers in April and if I wanted to wait  I could call them back then. Well I did not want to wait so I called S&W and now Im waiting on the box they said they were sending me to ship it back to them.
Im still curious though as I stated above, I bought it second hand so do I have to worry about them not honoring any warranty work?
The guy on the phone did not verify any information if I was the original owner or does their warrany carry on?
Thanks everyone for the replies.

They probably aren’t sending you a box; they are sending you a pre-paid shipping label. If they wanted to verify ownership they would have done it before that. It is rare for S&W to charge for warranty work on their own guns; so I doubt they will charge anything on a Walther. If it was obvious to the gun smith you took it to that Bubba worked on it, they may charge you, but it would be less than a gunsmith, and it will be right.

They could be bringing it in because of this recall. Does it apply to your gun?

http://www.waltherarms.com/recall-notice/

• 2 months later...

I got my shipping sticker in the mail 2 days ago. Boxed it up and shipped it out this morning. Now im standing on pins and needles in hopes that they will honor the warranty.

Ok S&W signed for my pistol March 1, I got it back today, They included a letter stating that they replaced the extractor. I cannot believe it took 3 months.

Seeing as this is my first time ever having to send a firearm in for repair, have any of you ever had to wait this long to get your firearm back? And by the way it was a free repair.

Ok S&W signed for my pistol March 1, I got it back today, They included a letter stating that they replaced the extractor. I cannot believe it took 3 months.

Seeing as this is my first time ever having to send a firearm in for repair, have any of you ever had to wait this long to get your firearm back? And by the way it was a free repair.

Must be an issue with the availability of Walther parts. I sent an M&P in and they replaced the extractor. Arrived at S&W on 4-16 and left on 5-9.

S&W customer service has been taking a lot of heat over Walther guns; they got the shaft on that deal.