Magpul Is Cool Again!!!

I have supported them all along but this will make some feel better.... Posted on Facebook roughly 30mins ago

"REGARDING LEO SALES

March 1st, 2013

Back in 1990, when I was deployed in Desert Shield and Desert Storm as a Marine grunt, some companies prioritized me items for my M16 for shipping that I purchased with my own funds. After getting out and forming Magpul in 1999, I established the same priority policy for Military and Law Enforcement, due to the requirements of their profession.

The same policy has been in place for 13 years now and has never been an issue until a few days ago. I do not support the idea that individual police officers should be punished for the actions of their elected officials. That said, I understand the concerns that some have with Law Enforcement officers getting special treatment while at the same time denouncing second amendment rights to another citizen in the same state. 

With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement Officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution - specifically the second and fourteenth amendments - as it applies to all citizens.

Richard Fitzpatrick
President/CEO - Founder
Magpul Industries"

Edited by mcordell
  • Like 7
Guest 556or762
Interesting way to avoid the latest arguments about their products. I see the loophole of a distributor purchasing their products and selling to whoever wherever hasn't come up this time. As I said it makes better business sense to go the route of their last post and this one just closes the direct from manufacturer loophole. I still think they are doing the right thing and this proves the point a little further. It would be hard to be in that business right now with the current elected idiots doing their thing.