Has Zimmerman Waived His Right to a Pre-Trial "Stand-Your-Ground" Hearing?

Guest Law of Self Defense

I understand that. I'm not sure why you're getting so defensive.

Let me rephrase, if there is no evidence to convict him why do you personally feel he is guilty of manslaughter "at a minimum"?

It's all been discussed here in great detail. You are adamant that Zimmerman committed no crime. My experience tells me that is not necessarily the case. Maybe Florida allows someone with absolutely no PC or RAS to chase an kid down and kill him when he tries to defend himself. I will wait to see if a jury puts their stamp of approval on that. I don't think any of us here that believe Zimmerman committed a reckless act that led to the murder of an innocent citizen (manslaughter) will lose any sleep over the verdict one way or the other.

It's a shame all the personal attacks that are in this thread instead of discussion.
  • Like 1

It's all been discussed here in great detail. You are adamant that Zimmerman committed no crime. My experience tells me that is not necessarily the case. Maybe Florida allows someone with absolutely no PC or RAS to chase an kid down and kill him when he tries to defend himself. I will wait to see if a jury puts their stamp of approval on that. I don't think any of us here that believe Zimmerman committed a reckless act that led to the murder of an innocent citizen (manslaughter) will lose any sleep over the verdict one way or the other.

It's a shame all the personal attacks that are in this thread instead of discussion.

I may not be remembering correctly but didnt the GF say that Trayvon made it back to the fiance's house and then proceed to go back to Zimmerman? 

I've watched most of the trial live online or on tape.

So far, only the prosecution has presented its case. All the defense has done is cross-examined, yet the testimony overwhelmingly supports Zimmerman's position.

What should be worrisome for us with HCP permits is that the prosecution is almost solely basing its questioning on emotional reactions and in many cases, completely distorting the law. For example, the prosecution attempted to portray carry with a round in the chamber as somehow supporting the claim of second degree murder. Of course, some jurists wouldn't know one way or the other, so this is really deceptive.

Someone with a law background help me out here. Assume I'm on a jury. When the prosecution suggests that the law reads one way and the defense suggests its something else, how can a jurist find out what the law really is? Is it in their jurors' notebooks?

Don't need a law background to answer that, especially if you've spent any time in a courtroom. Somebody is ALWAYS lying. It's up to the judge and jury to identify who's telling the true story.

What is she a witness of?

Anyone that takes that stand in front of the jury is a witness and either side gets to question them. She can testify to what she heard on a tape that has been introduced as evidence. If she says that's her son screaming the jury will have to decide if they believe her or if there is enough there for them to believe that identification is even possible.
  • Like 1

the mother will testify that it is her son screaming.  I seriously doubt the defense will question her at all.  The defense will present a witness, most likely Zimmerman's Dad who will swear that the screaming is his son.

Thank you Dave! At times these guys make me feel like I'm the one on trial! I didn't do s*** but voice my opinion!

Dave

Edited by DaveS
Guest 6.8 AR

The defense can shred testimony like hers in their closing arguments, if not in their defense. They may not be able

to rid the courtroom of the emotion involved, though. I still doubt her testimony will bear much weight with the jury.

she wasn't there. Too subjective.

The problem has been, all along, that your arguments have been purely speculation. If you know anything about a trial, you already know that speculation holds zero weight. 

The evidence is that Zimmerman did not chase down Martin. The evidence is that Zimmerman was walking back towards his vehicle when Martin jumped out of the darkness and physically assaulted Zimmerman. You just so happen not to like the source. Like the source or not, evidence is evidence, especially when there's zero evidence to the contrary. 

For arguments sake, let's assume there is no evidence saying that Martin jumped out of the darkness and physically assaulted Zimmerman. Do you have any evidence that Zimmerman was doing anything other than what he said he was doing? Again, speculations and assumptions hold zero weight. 

You think thats all he or she will say while they are up there?

I don't think there is too much she can offer. The defense will have a couple of weeks plus closing arguments to convince the jury. The jury is not being presented with facts they can decide on. This is a liars contest and they have the burden of being the finders of fact.

It's called an opinion. Get over it. I don't see why people like you get your panties twisted in such a wad that someone disagrees with you that you post some bullsh** suggesting what you're suggesting above.

I'm not wearing panties, these are boxer-briefs & they are not twisted (facts vs emotional assertions).

Just as your opinion, based solely on your emotion/feelings are irrelevant to Zimmerman's guilt or innocence, which as I said previously all of the factual evidence & *credible* testimony clearly show Zimmerman is innocent of 2nd degree murder.

The trial has already exonerated him as far as I'm concerned.

Thank you Dave! At times these guys make me feel like I'm the one on trial! I didn't do s*** but voice me opinion!

Dave

Discuss the facts or give your opinions and try to ignore those that are baiting you with personal attacks. You haven't been very good at that so far.   ;)

I don't think there is too much she can offer. The defense will have a couple of weeks plus closing arguments to convince the jury. The jury is not being presented with facts they can decide on. This is a liars contest and they have the burden of being the finders of fact.

It's an emotional circle jerk. The facts don't support a trial at all.

It's called an opinion. Get over it. I don't see why people like you get your panties twisted in such a wad that someone disagrees with you that you post some bullsh** suggesting what you're suggesting above.

You're the one getting worked up over this. I was just asking you to explain your position and you went into some rant about OJ Simpson.

I realize people get away with crimes every day because of a lack of evidence. I was asking you to tell me what makes Zimmerman guilty and you apparently can't do that.

I admit that going into the trial I thought he was innocent but I was also willing to accept the fact that there may be evidence we dont know about. Now I'm convinced the state never had a case.

The problem has been, all along, that your arguments have been purely speculation. If you know anything about a trial, you already know that speculation holds zero weight. 

:confused:  Speculation and opinions is all any of us have. You have yours and I have mine. I fully understand that you and many others do not agree with me. But I have not attacked anyone, called them a racist or race baiter, or whined and cried that they are being emotional.

let me assure you that my opinion carries no weight. The only impact my opinions have is in what the people on this forum think of me; I'm good with that.

:confused:  Speculation and opinions is all any of us have. You have yours and I have mine. I fully understand that you and many others do not agree with me. But I have not attacked anyone, called them a racist or race baiter, or whined and cried that they are being emotional.

let me assure you that my opinion carries no weight. The only impact my opinions have is in what the people on this forum think of me; I'm good with that.

Actually, the evidence that has been presented to the jury is available to all of us. It's one thing to have an opinion that you may or may not have chosen to handle the situation in the same manner in which Zimmerman did, but when deciding a man's guilt or innocence, it's probably best to stick to the actual evidence. 

• Like 1

:confused:  Speculation and opinions is all any of us have. 

Not any more. Except for the "good boy" speech from mama, the prosecution is fixing to rest. There's very little to speculate at this point, unless you're just ignoring the evidence.

It's been many years since I have testified in Court. But at the time, witnesses couldn't be in the courtroom prior to their testimony. Is this just a TN thing, or perhaps a civil trial thing?

The prosecution has said that they will call Martin's mother to the stand as a witness, but his parents were given special permission by the judge to be in the courtroom prior to being called.  Zimmerman's parents were not allowed to attend, because the prosecution put them on the 'potential' witness list, although they will most likely not be called.  I'm sure the judge and lawyers have some legal mumbo jumbo to justify it, but it seems like a double standard to me.

• Like 1

The prosecution has said that they will call Martin's mother to the stand as a witness, but his parents were given special permission by the judge to be in the courtroom prior to being called.  Zimmerman's parents were not allowed to attend, because the prosecution put them on the 'potential' witness list, although they will most likely not be called.  I'm sure the judge and lawyers have some legal mumbo jumbo to justify it, but it seems like a double standard to me.

If the prosecution is able to have Martin's testify that the screams are coming from Trayvon, I sure hope the defense calls on Zimmerman's mother to testify that the screams are coming from George.