My rant for the night

So let me preface this with how much I hate a damn walmart anyway.

So I am in a damn walmart tonight because we got a gift card as a, well, gift so my wife was just going to get house hold stuff with it. I went back to check ammo because there was nothing else to do. Of course there was nothing in the case. I did find the 100 round boxes of federal 12ga. bird shot so I grabbed one. When it rang up, I noticed a .40 cent fee came up, not .10 cents like every other box. I ask why. She tells me it is becasue it is really 4 boxes of 25. I said it was sold as one box and priced as one box, she even "reminded " me that I could only buy three of them. So why am i being taxed on four if it counts as one in every other aspect. I know in the grand sceme of things with all that is going on, it's only .40 cents but it just pissed the hell off.

• Like 1
All my 100 packs have been 4 boxes of 25, each with its own tax stamp. Likely this is nothing to with Walmart so much as a state level issue. It's important to remember that Walmart, or any other retailer for that matter only collects the tax not profits from it. Additionally, they are not payed for the service of collecting tax. It is something they HAVE to do.

Any frustration towards Walmart on this subject is wrongfully placed.
  • Like 2

All my 100 packs have been 4 boxes of 25, each with its own tax stamp. Likely this is nothing to with Walmart so much as a state level issue. It's important to remember that Walmart, or any other retailer for that matter only collects the tax not profits from it. Additionally, they are not payed for the service of collecting tax. It is something they HAVE to do.

Any frustration towards Walmart on this subject is wrongfully placed.

I  have bought the Federal plastic ammo cans of 9mm and .223 they had one stamp on the ammo box, inside was boxes of 50 and 20. What's the difference?

This box does have four 25 round boxes inside but is sold as one box, by them stamping each box inside, by their rules you should not be able to buy it because it is four boxes, not three.

I hate walmart anyway and go out of my way to shun the bass turds.....BUT...I have been able to buy 8 or 900 rounds of ammo in the past few weeks....and yes.  I am ashamed....BUT I was in a :panic:

You hate Walmart and go out of your way to shun them, BUT you just happened to be in there buying 8 or 900 rounds of ammo? A repeat customer at that!

Do you also tell everyone you are a Republican, right up till you enter the voting booth?
  • Like 1

I  have bought the Federal plastic ammo cans of 9mm and .223 they had one stamp on the ammo box, inside was boxes of 50 and 20. What's the difference?

This box does have four 25 round boxes inside but is sold as one box, by them stamping each box inside, by their rules you should not be able to buy it because it is four boxes, not three.

The difference is that the ammo cans should have had a plastic tie keeping the can closed and the boxes inside are probably not marked for individual sale.

The difference is that the ammo cans should have had a plastic tie keeping the can closed and the boxes inside are probably not marked for individual sale.

that is true but the shells are still priced as one unit and won't scan individually. It doesn't really matter the reason, at walmarts level or the state level, it is just smarmy.

You hate Walmart and go out of your way to shun them, BUT you just happened to be in there buying 8 or 900 rounds of ammo? A repeat customer at that!

Do you also tell everyone you are a Republican, right up till you enter the voting booth?

Nope.  I'm republican all the way and have been for years. I sure don't see me changing either with all the dumbassed democratic BS being spread around.  I needed ammo and bought it. It was the only place to get it at the time. Kinda like being real thirsty and drink'n from a dirty stream. You hate to do it, but no other choice. You can bet your fat (or skinny) ass that's all I'll buy. I ain't in this world to make you happy anyway.

All of the shotgun shells are done like that four tax stamps are 40 cent open them up the stamps are on them. I have bought many boxes at Walmart. Feel lucky you got them local gun shop you would have paid a lot more. I was there last night and they got some ammo in about 20 people waiting I did not even fight the crowd for it I am pretty good on supply right now. Half a buggy full some pistol rounds shotgun and Tula for a SKS. All gone in about 15min.

Jason Edited by Jason in TN

.30 more at one store beats the heck out of twice the price at another store. You went shopping with your wife, you should have had your hand on the shopping cart the whole while. She should have spanked you in front of everyone for running off to play with toys. If my wife and I enter the same store at the same time, we each have a cart. She looks at and buys what she wants. I look at and buy what I want. She may go shopping with me, but I won't go shopping with her. If her bill is more than she has, we barter in my favor for the difference before I'll pay it.

Democratic, Republican or Independent, watch who votes for what, and be surprised. I'll do my part next election to vote them out.

This is the best I took out of this thread.

WE HAVE TO STAND AS ONE OR WE FALL ALONE!

I buy a lot of bulk and none of mine are taxed individually. Each 100 round value pack has a single stamp on it.

Dolomite

With that in mind this may indeed be an issue with Walmart. Still, they are most likely not doing it to cheat you out if your .30 those stamps cost money and the revenues go to the state. Maybe contact the manager and get the skinny straight from the horses mouth.

Goddamn, I screwed around and dern near started a fight LMAO! I did learn something from this thread though, CQB and RANDEL can't share a table :rofl:

Like I said, it is not the money, and I don't really care who caused it, that just seems like a scam.

it would be nice of you to use better language

Goddamn, I screwed around and dern near started a fight LMAO! I did learn something from this thread though, CQB and RANDEL can't share a table :rofl:

Like I said, it is not the money, and I don't really care who caused it, that just seems like a scam.

• Like 4
Guest oldflyer

In the past it bother me having 4 stamps on the carton of 100. But now I am happy to get my hands on 12 ga shells. My local store counts the carton as one item so I can but three and if there is a large shipment my wife picks up three also.

I just paid 56 cents a round for 12 ga 2 3/4 #4 and was happy to FINALLY find a box! It makes the extra 30 cents tax to the state on my skeet rounds a non-issue for me. :pleased:

Glad you found some ammo.  Also, I LOVE Walmart.  I can go in there any time, night or day, and shop.  I can get what I need without paying the 'premium' for the 'priveledge' of shopping at some tiny, little place that takes itself far too seriously, during the very limited hours that they deign to be open to allow lowly customers like me to purchase their wares.  Further, I don't have to deal with some smarmy teenager who knows he won't be fired because his granddaddy owns the business or some old fart who acts like I am an idiot just because I don't know as much about the products he sells as he thinks he knows (after selling those products for approximately 125 years or so.)

Okay, I am exaggerating.  There are times that I prefer dealing with a small, local business.  However, there are also times when I prefer dealing with Walmart.  I like buying guns from my favorite LGS.  I like buying ammo that Walmart doesn't sell from my favorite LGS.  I like buying ammo that Walmart does sell (and that I need) from Walmart, largely because it is cheaper.  I am not a rich man so if I can save enough on two or three boxes of ammo to buy another box, that is what I will do.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1