The first daughters are at it again...

Guest Cami

Not sure I see the problem. Maybe someone could enlighten me, is there a seperate amount above and beyond his tax paid salary being used for this or are we just gripping that he's our president again?

If he's footing the bill out of salary then IMO its none of our business. If he's spending additional tax dollars we have a problem.
Just trying to find out if we are on to something or just on something.
  • Like 2

Not sure I see the problem. Maybe someone could enlighten me, is there a seperate amount above and beyond his tax paid salary being used for this or are we just gripping that he's our president again?
If he's footing the bill out of salary then IMO its none of our business. If he's spending additional tax dollars we have a problem.

It's Just Your Regularly Scheduled Daily Dose Of Obama Hated. Move On. Nothing To See Here.

Is
Not just Obama, politicians in general spending money frivolously while the common people get sequestered. Maybe this isn't the biggest deal, but it aggravates the sore. For some I'm sure it's Obama hate, but for me, it's contempt for the ruling elite.
  • Like 1

I agree if he paid for the vacation, but we all know who foots the bill for the secret service and all the other security measures that cost money. No way he is paying for that personally.

From the article...
"President Obama canceled the public, self-guided tours in a bid to trim $2 million from the Secret Service budget. The full cost of the First Daughters' 2013 spring break travel and necessary security detail are unknown at this time. Presumably, the Secret Service costs could have covered at least a few weeks of public White House tours"
So are we trying to call people on their hypocrisy? Is that the goal of this thread now? Yes, I think we as taxpayers are on the hook for every pet project, every entitlement, every delusion of grandeur, and every entitlement sensed whim of our politicians. It is frustrating and we are powerless to stop it. So a little venting under the political tab should be fine. If trolling is okay, so is venting frustration.
  • Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

Well, count up the vacations this bunch has had, so far, and compare them to the Bush 8 years, then get back to me.

This bunch has been on perpetual vacation, and has let his minions regulate and tax us to death.

Aww, just call me a racist if you like.

Well, count up the vacations this bunch has had, so far, and compare them to the Bush 8 years, then get back to me.

I'm no apologist for either, but Obama took 131 vacation days in his first four years, Dubya took 1.020 in his eight years. 

The both suck.

• Like 3
Guest 6.8 AR

You mean he went to the Crawford, TX ranch, like Reagan did, and continued to do his job while vacationing? I

know you're not, Crimson, but going to Hawaii, France, Spain and Martha's Vineyard  might be a little different.

Then again, Obama only had a townhome in Chicago. I wonder if he went back home any? I think it was much

more than 101days, also. But they all do it, and you're right about that. It just seems this guy isn't in the White

House much, at all.

This guy is creating a perception of spend luxuriously while raising taxes on us and making the American people

suffer at his whim. Kinda like slapping the American people, including those who elected him, except those who

elected him don't seem to mind being kept in their place. He is really lowering the bar, the way I see it.

Guest 6.8 AR

*shrugs*

Just answered the question. If Bush only 'vacationed' one of four vacation days he'd still be on par with Obama. 

Again, they both suck.

No disagreement here. :D

Guest HvyMtl

No.

Do think it has to be hard to be the President's kid.  However, the benefits far outweigh the detriments (cept maybe being terrorist targets...)

And really, do you actually believe the two parties are separate, and fighting for their followers?  

i don't for one second believe there's a difference between D and R ...

but just saying "oh well, Bush did it, so quit bitching that Obama is doing it" isn't going to fix the problem. at some point, someones got to call whoever is in office out on it being wrong and expect them to deal with it.  O should feel no more entitlted to in than Bush did and they're both wrong for taking advantage of there elected office.  I get that it's a stressful job, and they're terrorist targets, and etc. etc., but they signed themself up for the gig knowing full well what they were getting themselves into.

in my opinion, its been too many Democrat / Republican cycles, and waaayyy too long since this country saw a real leader sit in that (or any) political office

• Like 2
Guest nra37922

.... do you actually believe the two parties are separate, and fighting for their followers?  

No, both parties just use separate doors to work in the same whorehouse.  Now they maybe a whore, pimp or the piano player but its we the people who end up with the std.

That said, the current occupier of the peoples house is a caricature of old George Jefferson 'jut a movin on up....' Just thinking of the peoples house being closed to tours while his crowd go on expensive taxpayer support vacations galls me to no end.

This bunch has been on perpetual vacation, and has let his minions regulate and tax us to death.

Aww, just call me a racist if you like.

Are you going to make the rally in downtown Memphis tomorrow?
I think the point is O made a big deal out of cutting secret service spending by ending the tours of the White House only to send those guys out babysitting. He saves a dollar here so he can spend two over there. It's not really about the vacation as much as it's about our government misusing our tax dollars. Yeah Bush and all the others did it too, but O is doing it NOW and we are deeper in the hole than we were.
  • Like 1