hcp class

Guest tnmale46

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pjblurton
Drink some coffee...the mandatory video is painful.

That video was terrible...

I was sitting in class thinking, "Oh my god, I hope people from other (northern) states don't see this... This is embarrasing"

Guest tnmale46

I was sitting in class thinking, "Oh my god, I hope people from other (northern) states don't see this... This is embarrasing"

:screwy:
Guest ColdEspresso

I am a northerner and it wasn't as bad as what they put you through in NY. I am 51 years old and in order to get a hunting permit I had to sit in a hunter safety class for 6 hours with 25 teenage girls who were there only to get extra deer tags for their dads. Not a single one had ever been hunting or had any interest in hunting. It was truly sad. The x-Marine teaching the class was vintage WWII barked at the girls and was rude to all. The TN HCP class did not teach me anything I didn't know but it was much better than what I went through in NY.

Guest pjblurton
The TN HCP class did not teach me anything I didn't know but it was much better than what I went through in NY.

I didn't learn anything either. In fact, I think I lost a few brain cells during the ordeal. The video looked as if 6 dudes got tasked with the job to make a video and just winged it. No script, no actors, no proper english... Real Podunk!

Guest eyebedam
whooo hooo hcp class aug. 9th any advice ?

where are you taking your class at. I got some friends taking a class on the 9th also.

Guest Brian@GunDepot

The class itself is boring and for the most part is basic information any reasonable gun fanatic would already know. I would take a few snacks/drinks for the class... the video is horrible and the powerpoint presentation is a close second.

I hope your class goes better than mine, we actually had people that didn't know how to load the gun at the range! I'm all for 2A rights and everything, but that doesn't mean everyone should be carrying without proper knowledge/etc... :D

Guest tnmale46
The class itself is boring and for the most part is basic information any reasonable gun fanatic would already know. I would take a few snacks/drinks for the class... the video is horrible and the powerpoint presentation is a close second.

I hope your class goes better than mine, we actually had people that didn't know how to load the gun at the range! I'm all for 2A rights and everything, but that doesn't mean everyone should be carrying without proper knowledge/etc... :D

agreed
Don't shoot the instructor!?!

At least don't shoot him until after he has signed your certificate.

I took my class @ Guns & Leather on Superbowl Sunday in 2007. I was too excited about getting my permit to realize that the class was a little boring. Sure, there was a lot of info that everyone knew but I still enjoyed my time there. You probably will too.

Guest Todd@CIS
I’m not a Glock person, but I want one of those Glock .357 magnums. :bowrofl:

Yep, we have a good time with that in every class!

yea... we really need to do something about that video.

+ 1. The answer I always get as to why we still have an 8 year old video is that "there's no money to update" it.

Clearly, there was not a large expenditure for the old video, and there won't be for its replacement.

Secondly, as I tell my HCP students, with the $ 115 they pay, and the fees every HCP school AND instructor have to pay, I submit that there IS money available for a new video.

Guest Brian@GunDepot
Is that mentioned in the video ?

Blew right past me if it is...guess I was dozing..

- OS

Yes, at the first when the ex-officer is discussing the different types/actions/calibers he refers to the Glock on his table as a 357 magnum. I was the only one who caught that and I felt alone when I laughed out loud during the video.

:D:)

Its been awhile since I did the class... I still can't believe they have the same video. The two lawyer guys in it look like they're doing a 'weekend update' from SNL its so cheesy. :(