29% Think Armed Revolution Needed

Poll breakdown:

Twenty-nine percent said they agreed, 47 percent said they disagreed, 18 percent said they neither agreed nor disagreed, 5 percent said they were unsure, and 1 percent refused to respond.

http://m.cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams-jr/poll-29-registered-voters-believe-armed-revolution-might-be-necessary
Guest Darth Maul

I'm fine with whatever comes down the road. If we can restore our country to where it needs to be through voting, protests and talking then so be it. If it's going to take and armed revolution with a lot of bloodshed and lives lost then so be it.

However, I'm not naive enough to believe we can fix this peacefully anymore.

• Authorized Vendor

I'm fine with whatever comes down the road. If we can restore our country to where it needs to be through voting, protests and talking then so be it. If it's going to take and armed revolution with a lot of bloodshed and lives lost then so be it.

I believe as you do. If this country gets fixed it's not going to be a pretty process.

• Like 1

An armed revolution would probably be the end of America if it was big enough to cause any real damage. When it was over and the rebels were dead or in prison, it would also be the end of the Constitution; it would be rewritten from scratch by a new group of “Founding Fathers.

That poll is ridiculous. Where did they find those 800 people, in prison? Very few people give any real thought to what would happen. Sure it’s good hype to get people all riled up; but no one is going to participate.

We have a way to get people out of office and it isn’t killing them. They are there because they were voted in.

Instead of flapping non-sense about a revolution that never is going to happen; step up and run for office. I would do it, but I’m a hard line conservative republican that would bring jobs back to this country; so I already know I would lose. biggrin.gif

Well, as others have said here, it may come to an armed conflict at some point but there won't be any "restoration" or any winners at all for that matter.  As DaveTN just said...it will just be the end.

I don't really think armed rebellion is what's coming anyway...what I do think is a much more likely possibility is a societial breakdown, most likely from an economic collapse - that, I believe, is the far more likely end to the path we are on.

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 1
Guest ThePunisher

Well, as others have said here, it may come to an armed conflict at some point but there won't be any "restoration" or any winners at all for that matter.  As DaveTN just said...it will just be the end.
I don't really think armed rebellion is what's coming anyway...what I do think is a much more likely possibility is a societial breakdown, most likely from an economic collapse - that, I believe, is the far more likely end to the path we are on.

Wouldn't an armed rebellion result from a economic and societal breakdown? Isn't that the most likely reason people are buying their guns and ammo?

Wouldn't an armed rebellion result from a economic and societal breakdown? Isn't that the most likely reason people are buying their guns and ammo?

No; I don't think so.

By definition an "armed rebellion" is a rebellion...a conscious decision by a group to rise up and attempt to overthrow an existing government or authority of some kind. The American Revolution was an armed rebellion.

A societal breakdown is just that, a breakdown in social order that may or may not require people to use their "guns and ammo" to protect themselves and their property from those who would take it; primarily because there either would be no police force (or at least not enough of one) to handle it; that's not rebellion...just survival

It's funny because it would only take 10% of the voting population to control our scheduled revolutions (elections). If 10% decided to vote for the strongest opposition to an incumbent we'd get a new government every few years. Yes, it would be a collection of the same type of ruling class elitists, but I believe we could get them to do their job if they knew they were going to be fired at the end of their term if the gov doesn't pull its head out of its fourth point of contact. That doesn't take 30% of the population picking up rifles and doesn't end up a bloody mess.
This poll is hogwash, disconcerting to some as it may be, comforting to some as it may be. If you could extrapolate it out even with a margin of error for multiplication, out of the entire populace some ~80million people believe this?
Exit polling from '12 election (of a much larger sample size) showed 60+% believed cutting spending & reducing deficit was a top priority. Then they voted for obama who said he planned to increase spending.
Those boisterous blowhards that would honstly answer this poll would be the first to piss themselves or hole up in their own bunker. How many of this supposed 29% are physically capable of participating. How many are sucking on the tit of big pharma right now? Taking more than 3 prescriptions/day? Really? How's that supply chain gonna work under martial law. Armed rebellion isn't a flash mob that scurries into every rat bolthole as soon as sirens are blaring. How many combat vets are here? How many times have you seen people WITH training lose the kibble when it went down the first time. Nahhh bra buncha armchair revolutionaries answered on this one sorry.
You'd be lucky to see 5 million put their life on the line.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

It's funny because it would only take 10% of the voting population to control our scheduled revolutions (elections). If 10% decided to vote for the strongest opposition to an incumbent we'd get a new government every few years. Yes, it would be a collection of the same type of ruling class elitists, but I believe we could get them to do their job if they knew they were going to be fired at the end of their term if the gov doesn't pull its head out of its fourth point of contact. That doesn't take 30% of the population picking up rifles and doesn't end up a bloody mess.

Thank God there is something we can agree on (at least if I understand your post correctly ;) )

I think one of the biggest problems we have with our current elected officials is that they are there too damn long.  I think we need to look no further than Marsha Blackburn for proof...I've spoken with he many times; followed her as an elected official and have been mostly pleased yet the longer she is in WDC the more I notice her "softening" her positions.  I can only surmise that there is some sort of airborne or waterborne virus that exists in DC that causes principled men and women to lose their principles (not all at once of course; usually they just erode over time).

I think that if we simply had enough people of conscious, regardless of "party" vote consistently and replace all of them on a regular basis about 85% of our problems would be solved and that doesn't take armed rebellion and going to war with our own government.

I just wish I thought it would happen...but I don't.

Guest Lester Weevils

They may think it's needed but like the entitlement generation we are battling they would expect someone else to cover the cost.

Yep, from the original source summary, "Overall, the poll finds that 29 percent of Americans think that an armed revolution in order to protect liberties might be necessary in the next few years, with another five percent unsure."

So the poll could POSSIBLY be accurate that ~29% of folks expect it might eventually be necessary for SOMEBODY to do it, but doesn't mean that they themselves intend to grab a pitchfork and march on the local IRS office. The poll did not (as far as we know) ask whether the respondents expect to participate. I agree with others that it would be surprising that such a large percent would answer with candor to a stranger on the phone. Perhaps the average person is (perhaps naively) not yet especially wary of our growing surveillance state?

I still expect that about half of the folks holding such beliefs, consider that armed revolution might be necessary if the evil republicans ever take over again, though revolution would never become necessary assuming the saintly democrats keep power. Therefore the difference in democrat vs republican responses might be to some extent a test of how many people (in both parties) expect the democrats to keep winning elections into the future.

Edited by Lester Weevils
Guest ThePunisher

No; I don't think so.

By definition an "armed rebellion" is a rebellion...a conscious decision by a group to rise up and attempt to overthrow an existing government or authority of some kind. The American Revolution was an armed rebellion.

A societal breakdown is just that, a breakdown in social order that may or may not require people to use their "guns and ammo" to protect themselves and their property from those who would take it; primarily because there either would be no police force (or at least not enough of one) to handle it; that's not rebellion...just survival

Wouldn't it be considered an armed rebellion if the people fight for their 2nd A rights if and when the government comes to confiscate the people's guns? Many TGO members here and people across the country use the phrase " Molan Labe ". I believe the threat of the government trying to confiscate the people's guns would lead to an armed rebellion and chaos. People have not just been buying AR rifles for just sporting and SD purposes, but also with the knowledge that our government has become communist corrupt with the determined goal of destroying the 2nd Amendment, and trampling the total Constitution.

Presently, there are still too many Americans principled in the Constitution, and are not willing to surrender their liberty and freedoms to these commie SOB's in our government. If our efforts at the polls in 2014 and 2016 fail, then I believe our nation that we've always known will no longer be the same. I don't believe anyone will be truly prepared for what will likely happen, and I don't believe any of us old timers will want to be part of Amerika. I pray that the American people and our representatives come to their senses before its too late.

Wouldn't it be considered an armed rebellion if the people fight for their 2nd A rights if and when the government comes to confiscate the people's guns? Many TGO members here and people across the country use the phrase " Molan Labe ". I believe the threat of the government trying to confiscate the people's guns would lead to an armed rebellion and chaos. People have not just been buying AR rifles for just sporting and SD purposes, but also with the knowledge that our government has become communist corrupt with the determined goal of destroying the 2nd Amendment, and trampling the total Constitution.

Presently, there are still too many Americans principled in the Constitution, and are not willing to surrender their liberty and freedoms to these commie SOB's in our government. If our efforts at the polls in 2014 and 2016 fail, then I believe our nation that we've always known will no longer be the same. I don't believe anyone will be truly prepared for what will likely happen, and I don't believe any of us old timers will want to be part of Amerika. I pray that the American people and our representatives come to their senses before its too late.

Yeah...I would say so.

At the end of the day, we can call an armed conflict, regardless of the spark, anything we want...labels will be applied by many including those on both sides of the conflict and those who sit back and watch.  I still believe that any such conflict would only leave looses, not winners.

As to the 2014 and 2016 elections, as I've shared in other threads, I believe the 2012 elections already sealed our path and our destination...the only hope I have remaining is that I'm wrong about that.

• Moderators

There may not be a winner, but there will be a victor. And that depends on their resolve.

Even that sounds too cut and dried for me.

Best case scenario: Balkanization of the USA with at least a few "free" states holding to a more libertarian/constitutional form of governance. If you have read the Bracken Enemies trilogy, it reads as the most likely outcome for the US. I hate to be a doomsayer, but the USA as we *thought* we knew it is gone. I think it has been on life support for a long time. These last few years and the next few are the final nails. There is no saving her anymore. I just pray my daughter will be able to know liberty in her life.
Guest Darth Maul

I couldn't agree more with this POV.

Even that sounds too cut and dried for me.

Best case scenario: Balkanization of the USA with at least a few "free" states holding to a more libertarian/constitutional form of governance. If you have read the Bracken Enemies trilogy, it reads as the most likely outcome for the US. I hate to be a doomsayer, but the USA as we *thought* we knew it is gone. I think it has been on life support for a long time. These last few years and the next few are the final nails. There is no saving her anymore. I just pray my daughter will be able to know liberty in her life.

Those poor misguided souls that see themselves as some kind of “freedom Fighters” should think about this…

In the event you could find enough people to revolt; and you can’t. Martial law would go into effect. Have you thought about what that means? The Constitution would be put on hold. No 4th or 5th amendment rights, no probable cause, no right to a jury by your peers. Police Chiefs, Sherriff’s and even the State AG’s would answer to Military Commanders and the Department of Homeland Security.  All Americans would have to pick a side.

You think all these guns are being bought to aid you in your efforts to overthrow our government? You are delusional. Those guns are being bought by Americans that want to be armed so they can protect themselves and their families. If you attempt to overthrow our government by force you will find yourself looking down the barrel of those very guns; you will be the enemy.

I do not agree with those that are in charge of our country right now or the beliefs of their party. But they were elected by the American people.

I want my children and Grandchildren to have a chance at the same lifestyle I have had. So the choice of which side I will be on is pretty easy.

We have a system in place for change. It may not be going the way you would like but you will not bully anyone into anything with the threat of violence. The same thing will happen to you that has happened to others that have decided to attack our country.

There may not be a winner, but there will be a victor. And that depends on their resolve.

There doesn't have to be a winner of every conflict and regardless of "who" might claim victory, the country...all we once had and all we once could be will be gone.

As I said earlier and in other threads, I don't believe there will be a "rebellion" because I believe that our economy will collapse before a rebellion even has a chance to start at which point people will simply be trying to survive...that's what the guns and ammo will wind up be used for.

I have no illusions about my ability to survive long term after such a collapse but I will do my best to help myself and those around me stay as civilized as possible.

I'm not trying to depress everyone and I truly, truly home I'm wrong and to that end, I will keep trying...keep working...keep doing what little I can do personally to keep the dream of America alive.