Grafs - 22LR Available

Grafs has SK 22lr  lead round nose available for $45 a brick shipped plus a $6.95 handling charge.  I just purchased 2 bricks (cans) for about $97 shipped.  Not cheap but not outrageous for Lapua made rounds.

Just thought I would let those looking for 22LR know.

Edited by golfnfish

Ok...just ordered some. Now someone give the skinny on SK Ammo please.

I've never used it but it is supposed to be the same ammo as the Lupua Standard Club.  It seems Lupua owns both brands and both are made in the same German factory.  From the limited comments I could find by googling, it appears to be a higher quality than other bulk ammo.  Standard velocity at about 1050 fps.  Hopefully someone that has used it will contribute their thoughts on it.  At 10 cents a round shipped for the 1000 rounds I bought,  it doesn't seem to be a bad deal if the quality is there.

Edited by golfnfish

Ok...just ordered some. Now someone give the skinny on SK Ammo please.

It is exceptional ammo.  I've been a big fan of SK Standard Plus for some time.  Wolf Match Target is the same stuff.

Out of my Savage Mark II it'll do dime sized groups of 10 shots. 

The can may be the same ammo, at least that's the impression I get based on SK's seriously lacking website.....http://www.lapua-gmbh.de/naviEN.html

Edited by Garufa

Thanks golfnfish and Garufa. I ordered 2000 rounds. LOL Getting tired of not finding any 22 at all. So when I came online and saw this, I just said to heck with it and went for it. All I could remember was some general comments. figured I couldn't go too wrong with the price.

I'll give some comments when I get it in.

Guest mechanically
Hey thanks! I'm in for some myself!

So, is this sorta considered "match grade?"

Hoping so, so I can have a smug sense of elitism while I punch out 2" groups at 25 yards...

If your refering to the SK .22 "Magazine" ammo in a can you will be happy. It has been markeedt around the world but is new here. i found out about it on the Australian shooting sites.

Edited by R1100R
I wanted to see how long it would last. I went to the site 10 minutes ago to see if the ammo was still available and it was!

I ordered 2 cans (1000 rounds) and after my order, it was still in stock. Maybe things are starting to slow down ;)

I'm getting tempted to order some more. The more I hear and read about it...

I could be set for life on 22lr with anther purchase. :stunned:

Larry, do it. This way if I need 22lr ammo and the stores are out of stock I will know where to buy some ;)

So while it's not advertised as such, it looks like this stuff would be subsonic...

It's stated as standard velocity by SK . It is 335mps. But with that said subsonic (less than 343mps) it is.

Edited by R1100R
Guest mechanically

That would follow if if indeed it was repackaged "Match" ammo. 

I think most match ammo is subsonic so the small projectile doesn't have to deal with riffles and turbulence going through, and potentially coming out of, supersonic speeds. 

I don't imagine myself to be a ballistics expert, but I remember reading about issues early jet propulsion aircraft had dealing with dropping in and out of supersonic flight. Makes sense it could slightly effect a 40gr piece of lead. 

It's stated as standard velocity by SK . It is 335mps. But with that said subsonic (less than 343mps) it is.