HiViz Leaves Colorado

I was looking at which front sight to install on my new shotgun for 3Gun.

When I heard that HiViz was telling the Colorado Libs to Go-To-Hell...., I supported HiViz's move to Wyoming with some of my money!

• Like 1

Great! Had Magpul kept their word yet?

If you mean are they already gone, no.  However, one does not move a manufacturing facility overnight and I've not doubt that Magpul will make good on its promise to leave - Magpul has already received commitments from many of its suppliers that they will also be leaving but I would be stunned if it takes anything less than a year to make it happen.

I follow Magpul on Twitter as well as facebook. I receive emails from them as well.
From what I gather, Magpul is made up of several different sub-companies that manufacture different parts of their products.

All have committed to move with Magpal, but to several different locations to ease lifestyle and culture shock for its employees.

I imagine this is no easy task, but I have complete faith that Magpul will keep its word.

I'm waiting on word from Colt, Ruger, Kimber and several of the other firearms/ammo/accessory manufacturers in NY to move. Although, I doubt the unions affiliated with them will allow them that choice.

I know Berretta is moving from Maryland.

Mossberg was interviewed on Cam and Company on NRA radio a few weeks ago and they're debating moving.

Everytime a company moves from one of the anti-gun states, I move them to the top of my purchasing list...

Number 1 on my list right now is Shield Tactical.

http://www.shieldtactical.com/

Edited by The Average Joe

I follow Magpul on Twitter as well as facebook. I receive emails from them as well.
From what I gather, Magpul is made up of several different sub-companies that manufacture different parts of their products.

All have committed to move with Magpal, but to several different locations to ease lifestyle and culture shock for its employees.

I imagine this is no easy task, but I have complete faith that Magpul will keep its word.

I'm waiting on word from Colt, Ruger, Kimber and several of the other firearms/ammo/accessory manufacturers in NY to move. Although, I doubt the unions affiliated with them will allow them that choice.

I know Berretta is moving from Maryland.

Mossberg was interviewed on Cam and Company on NRA radio a few weeks ago and they're debating moving.

Everytime a company moves from one of the anti-gun states, I move them to the top of my purchasing list...

Number 1 on my list right now is Shield Tactical.

http://www.shieldtactical.com/

I don't really expect NY gun manufactures to move but not because of their unions...maybe these are different but unions generally just don't wield enough power today to stop a company from moving to a new location or form closing a location (in fact, unions are often why manufacturers do exactly that).

Perhaps the loss of exceptionally skilled and difficult to replace employees might although I'm not sure just how much that is an issue with those companies.

Edited by RobertNashville
Guest RedLights&Sirens
I cant imagine this is easy for the manufacturers at all and I give them all credit. It would be hard for me to turn my back on any employees who cant affird to move or lose their jobs. At the same time it would be suicide to turn their backs on the majority of their customers. I certainly dont think it would be cheap to pack up and move a whole factory either.

I have a bunch of magpul stuff already and plan to support them more. I dont have any night sights though so HiViz will be at the top of my list now.

If you mean are they already gone, no.  However, one does not move a manufacturing facility overnight and I've not doubt that Magpul will make good on its promise to leave - Magpul has already received commitments from many of its suppliers that they will also be leaving but I would be stunned if it takes anything less than a year to make it happen.

Magpul itself is not a really a manufacturer. 200 folks at their facility doing assembly, packaging, shipping, accounting, etc but all the actual molding/fabrication is done by contract with other companies.

Their largest molder is in Colo, though, and they were "talking" about leaving the state too, but haven't heard any more about that.

- OS

- OS

Guest Lester Weevils

I just wish hiviz would make sights to fit all my pistols. The price isn't terrible and I like the couple of sights I've put on. Makes it easier on old eyes to be able to see the front sight.

This from Magpul on Facebook today:

We’d like to thank the tens of thousands of visitors to our booth at the NRA show as well as the numerous posters here on our FB page for your support and for the generous invitations to relocate to your home states. While at the NRA show, we had the opportunity to speak with representatives from various gun-friendly states, including the Governor of Texas and his staff. We have some additional visits and meetings that will be taking place in the near future with the short list of remaining potential locations. Numerous preparations for executing the move while minimizing disruptions to production are already underway. As mentioned previously, we have already started moving some of our production out of CO. There are many factors at work in our decisions, including business climate, tax structure, legislative environment, regulatory burdens, culture, workforce, etc., and any decision that did not consider all these areas carefully would not only be ill-advised, but irresponsible to our employees, our customers, and the brand. We are eager to make more specific announcements as soon as we can responsibly do so without sabotaging our ongoing efforts and negotiations, and we appreciate your support and understanding until then.

I don't really expect NY gun manufactures to move but not because of their unions...maybe these are different but unions generally just don't wield enough power today to stop a company from moving to a new location or form closing a location (in fact, unions are often why manufacturers do exactly that).

Perhaps the loss of exceptionally skilled and difficult to replace employees might although I'm not sure just how much that is an issue with those companies.

Agreed....except for cituations like Hostess and GM. The union has pull and sometimes has chairs on the board.
We'll probably not know until something blows up about said compaies moving or not moving.

As far as Skilled labor, Connecticut is known as "gun valley"...at least that's what the president of Mossberg said in an NRA interview. He pretty much said that all skilled gunsmith labor was located there, even though (their) parts were manufactured in TX.

I know if I lived in CO, CT, or NY and the gun industry was my livelihood, I'd be in my boss' office asking, "When do we move?", "I'm ready to go."