Oh no. I am crossing over to the dark side.

I was just perusing the Drudge Report when I saw a link to an article regarding the administration's stance on Syria.  In the article, I read a quote from an administration official that stated:

How can we attack another country unless it’s in self-defense and with no Security Council resolution? an unnamed Obama administration official tells the paper. If he drops sarin on his own people, what’s that got to do with us?

While I don't really care about the Security Council crap, I do agree with the first part, and the answer to the question is it has absolutely nothing to do with us.

I am so confused about the entire middle east situation.  I have no idea who is on our side and who isn't.  If we do have allies in the region, are they just temporary like Sadam and the mujahideen was in the early 80s?  Will we support and fund them to achieve our short term goals, only to have it bite us in the a$$ a decade later?  Regardless, I agree so far with the administration for keeping us out of Syria (meaning - no boots on the ground).  What do we have to gain by jumping into a civil war?  Nothing. 

While I agree with the administration for not having a physical presence in Syria, I still disagree with the secret involvement we have in funding the Syrian rebels.  I sometimes wonder if that is going to backfire on us, and eventually force us to put in our troops. McCain and Graham may get their wish after all.

• Like 1
I'm far from a Middle East expert myself. But I feel that there are NO Islamic countries that are our friends. We are just tolerated for the money we send them. I think all we would have to do to settle the problems is to arm Israel to the teeth, sit back and watch the evening news.
  • Like 7

I'm far from a Middle East expert myself. But I feel that there are NO Islamic countries that are our friends. We are just tolerated for the money we send them. I think all we would have to do to settle the problems is to arm Israel to the teeth, sit back and watch the evening news.

Randall, you and I are in total agreement.

Biblical teaching and commentery aside, the further along we go; the less I see any Islamic peoples or nations truely being a "friend" to this country and it's system of beliefs and government.

Even the so-called "progessive and moderate" Islamists all seem to fall back to the basic tenaments of Islam. That being the destruction and/or subjugation of all races not embracing "The Will of Islam".

"If''n you ain't with  me, yo' agin me."

Yes, I'm sure some will think that's a very simplistic view of things, but as one of my heroes said, " I'm  just  a simple man." and my views can usually be expressed in those terms.

And like Charlie Daniels, I guess I do wear my heart on my sleeve for all to see.

You may now feel free to disagree amongst yourselves.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 1

I say the same, arm Israel as well. When we send money to the muslims we are paying for safety, BS I say.

The muslim will never like us, we are lower than them in their book, we need to get out of that part of the

world and support Israel to the fullest!!!

Ya know if Israel sees an attack they can not fend off they will nuke the world, starting in EU,

they see it as pay back for WWII, when no one tried to stop the Nazis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_Option

Edited by RED333

Although I don't think we need to dedicate our troops directly to the situation in Syria, I am not opposed to helping rebels to get rid of a regime that may have used chemical weapons against its own citizens (although some sources have suggested that it was the rebels who used the chemical weapons, but I am skeptical of that).  Had it not been for France, we'd have the Queen on the front of our money in the United States.  I'm not suggesting that we should go running in there - far from it - but I don't have any immediate concerns about sending them some weapons.  I would just hope they'd be a little smarter about it than they have been with other situations in the region.  If the Muslim Brotherhood is behind the revolt, I'd be inclined to let things play out on their own.

Although I don't think we need to dedicate our troops directly to the situation in Syria, I am not opposed to helping rebels to get rid of a regime that may have used chemical weapons against its own citizens (although some sources have suggested that it was the rebels who used the chemical weapons, but I am skeptical of that). Had it not been for France, we'd have the Queen on the front of our money in the United States. I'm not suggesting that we should go running in there - far from it - but I don't have any immediate concerns about sending them some weapons. I would just hope they'd be a little smarter about it than they have been with other situations in the region. If the Muslim Brotherhood is behind the revolt, I'd be inclined to let things play out on their own.

I thought the report of the rebels using a chlorine bomb was suspected by the UN. Wouldn't be abnormal at all. It happened quite a few times in Iraq at the hands of Sunni insurgents. Those same al Qaeda affiliated Sunnis are now fighting against Assad in Syria. There are no winners here that will be favorable to our interests. The longer they stay destabilized the better, since they will remain weak and unable to respond to Israeli strikes on Iranian assets and Iranian affiliated terrorist organizations operating in Syria.

We don't need Middle East oil, just increase what we buy from Canada and Mexico. IMHO we should stay out the MIddle East completely. Arm Israel and stay away from everybody else.

Edited by wjh2657
  • Like 1
Guest RedLights&Sirens

We don't need Middle East oil, just increase what we buy from Canada and Mexico. IMHO we should stay out the MIddle East completely. Arm Israel and stay away from everybody else.

I agree on all points but arming Israel would only keep us out of the Middle East in a litteral sense as far as Im concerned. Figurativley or indirectly we would still be involved and in the big picture that would change nothing.

Having any relationship with Israel keeps us deep in Middle East politics regardless if we have 100,000 troops or 100 troops in the region. Our relationship with Israel is a huge motivating factor for terrorist groups who wish to target us. Not that I have a problem with that, just wanted to point that out.