AR-15 magazines...

Hey guys,

i just picked up my first AR-15 last week. ok, technically my second but i sold the first one quickly because i didnt like the config and that was several years ago anyways...

anyways...i'm looking to pick up some extra magazines for it. since i'm an AR newbie, where and what type is the best to get? my gun is a Bushmaster XM15 if it matters. i'd also like to be able to use these new mags in a Kel Tec PLR-16 as i see one of those in my short future...

thanks!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really like the magpul pmags and many others do.

you could get some usgi mags with magpul followers, they seem to be reliable.

top of the line, cream of the crop though is HK steel mags, although they are $45-50 per mag as the magpul pmags are about $14

Guest abailey362

best quality/lowest cost I've found have been c-products with magpul followers. picked up a bunch for right under $10 each at gt distributors here locally a while back

Guest tngunman
I have always used the milsurp mags.The new ones with the green followers work very well.

GI mags work great and are already field tested! :hat:

Guest 5Legion
best quality/lowest cost I've found have been c-products with magpul followers. picked up a bunch for right under $10 each at gt distributors here locally a while back

C-products are pretty good - I got a bad 20 rounder from them once, however. I should have sent it back. I was very happy with the C-product 30s.

With nearly zero AR experience, I'll be using the PMAG's. They seem to be the rage these days. Plus, they look better, IMHO.

Magpul has them on their website for $14.95 (30 rounder-windowless). That seems to be one of the better prices I've seen them listed for.

Edited by TripleDigitRide
Guest Todd@CIS
Just wondering when you'all say USGI - which ones do you mean? I have at least 5 or 6 different brands of "issue" mags!

Your right, there are several different manufactures that have government contracts.

Lately, I've been buying Brownell's mags w/ MagPul followers and CS springs (Brownell's is also a military supplier). Totally happy with these mags.

I want to like/use PMags, but I've experienced "failure-to-lock-back" on the last round with them in otherwise 100% reliable guns (Bushy and RRA).

Admittedly, I haven't tried a bunch of PMags, but I've experienced this with two separate mags.

Guest Mugster

I've had good luck with cproducts 20 and 30 rounders, 2nd gen magpull followers and cs springs. $10 a wack at 44mag.com. The finish wears a little quick, but the springs are good.

Guest nitrous_mike
I've had good luck with cproducts 20 and 30 rounders, 2nd gen magpull followers and cs springs. $10 a wack at 44mag.com. The finish wears a little quick, but the springs are good.

I have bought a few of the D&H's from them and well I just got my last order in today that I split with a buddy just to save on shipping. All orders over 200 have free shipping and I have gotten them in three days using USPS :biglol:.

I have had no issue at all with the D&H's and I also picked up a few AK mags from them as well that have ran perfect.