Kid arrested at 8th grade dance with a gun.

Just got a call that a kid got arrested with a gun at the 8th grade dance at my daughters middle school. No one was hurt. No more details except that the school resource officer made the arrest. This was at Freedom Middle School.

My daughter is in 7th grade and was not there. My wife and I have already been looking at a private school for next year. Edited by southernasylum

But................ I was told that kind of stuff does not happen in Williamson co.

Yup, and there's no gangs or crime here either.
It's a magical place filled with rainbows and unicorns.
All joking aside, I still love living in Franklin.

-southernasylum
And I'm always surprised at people who think nothing bad happens at private schools. I've got no issue with private schools but there isn't any place you can stick your kids and stop paying attention. Edited by JReedEsq
  • Like 3
Guest saiga12boy

He/she may have just took it so he would have something to defend himself with. He/she could be being bulllied and he/she isold enough to have a gun and not shoot someone just for insulting him/her. You don't know the story behind the case. I am 13 and I personally know that many kids my age are responsible enough to  carry a firearm. He/she was probably older than those kids. The story doesen't say about him/her hurting or killing anyone.

Edited by saiga12boy
Guest RedLights&Sirens
Im assuming it was a gun free zone? Did the officer explain that to the student?

Glad no one was hurt.

He/she may have just took it so he would have something to defend himself with. He/she could be being bulllied and he/she isold enough to have a gun and not shoot someone just for insulting him/her. You don't know the story behind the case. I am 13 and I personally know that many kids my age are responsible enough to  carry a firearm. He/she was probably older than those kids. The story doesen't say about him/her hurting or killing anyone.

Rofl
Guest Emtdaddy1980

He/she may have just took it so he would have something to defend himself with. He/she could be being bulllied and he/she isold enough to have a gun and not shoot someone just for insulting him/her. You don't know the story behind the case. I am 13 and I personally know that many kids my age are responsible enough to carry a firearm. He/she was probably older than those kids. The story doesen't say about him/her hurting or killing anyone.

When I was 6yo and met my first bully, my dad responded by marching me out to the garage, slipping on the 6oz gloves and throwing combinations into a heavy bag for the majority of a holliday weekend. The next week I went to school and knocked Mr bully squarely on his butt. I was sent to see the principle, the situation was explained. Both sets of parents were notified and that was the end of it. The fact that fathers don't do this anymore and schools wont allow it anymore speak volumes about what is wrong with our over protective, panty waisted, victim producing society.
Guest nra37922

There are, or at least were, Projects in Franklin.  Police had a joke that they would wait until the shooting was done, go in and send the dead to the morgue and the wounded to jail. 

Edited by nra37922

There are, or at least were, Projects in Franklin.  Police had a joke that they would wait until the shooting was done, go in and send the dead to the morgue and the wounded to jail. 

I believe that's pretty much the current Chattanooga SOP.

- OS

is this not just about everywhere?

What makes you think private schools would be immune from this?

Oh I'm not naive enough to think it is immune but we've been very unhappy with this particular school's educational value. Heck I know a lot of private schools are full of kids who were kicked out of public school.

When I was 6yo and met my first bully, my dad responded by marching me out to the garage, slipping on the 6oz gloves and throwing combinations into a heavy bag for the majority of a holliday weekend. The next week I went to school and knocked Mr bully squarely on his butt. I was sent to see the principle, the situation was explained. Both sets of parents were notified and that was the end of it. The fact that fathers don't do this anymore and schools wont allow it anymore speak volumes about what is wrong with our over protective, panty waisted, victim producing society.

Completely agree Edited by joesig
Guest saiga12boy

I totally agree. At my old school if someone got into a fight everyone fighting was suspended regardless if it was self-defense or defending against an insult.

I totally agree. At my old school if someone got into a fight everyone fighting was suspended regardless if it was self-defense or defending against an insult.

Glad I did not have to spend time at an establishment that was that short sighted.