Top Shot ....................All-Stars

I really like this show. Could do without the drama and whining from some of the competitors but that's how reality shows are. My kids started watching it with me a few years ago and it really got them interested in shooting. They want to go to the range and try to duplicate the the challenges from the show.

Plus one for the new format. Nothing worse than reality tv bull crap. Personally I think even this system is silly. They should shoot a competition every episode. Whoever comes in last, goes home. Easy. If you suck that day, you go home. No second chances.

Does IDPA give second chances? IPSC?
  • Like 2
Yeah I love the new format ... I think this is gonna be a great season of top shot .... let me rephrase ... the best season. Although S1 didn't have nearly the amount of drama of the later seasons IIRC.

I could see any one of them taking the prize this season. I was not shocked at all by the 1st person eliminated (not naming him just so I don't spoil it for those who haven't seen ep 1 yet).

Here's a link to upcoming show times: http://www.history.com/shows/top-shot/episodes

Per the link you can catch S5ep1 at
Upcoming Airings:
June 04, 2013 - 11:02-12:01AM ET
June 05, 2013 - 03:03-04:02AM ET
I'm with y'all. The new format is great.

Now it's a show about guns, shooting, and marksmanship...not politics, alliances, and backstabbing.

Plus, I'm very happy about who went home first. One of my least favorite competitors from all the seasons. Edited by BigK
  • Like 2

I agree... but my least favorite of all was Jake,so glad he finally quit (season 3).

I couldn't stand that guy. I think it's actually awesome that his childishness and poor sportsmanship was recorded forever for posterity.

I watched the 1st episode online at the History Channel website last evening. (Thanks for the head's up...I didn't know it had started).

Much better than previous episodes!

Shooting skill and no "Lifetime television for women" drama! Finally... :pleased:

I would like the "experts" to shoot the course for a baseline. If you don't know who Taryn or Spencer Hoglund are and haven't seen what some people can do with a gun--you would call trickery. Taryn can shoot a plate rack in just over two seconds FROM THE HIP! That is off the timer. So, reaction time, draw, and shoot. Spencer can smoke any old lever gun or single action pistol. And is amazing with an old lever shotgun.