TN Professor Orders Students to Support Gay Rights

Guest AmericanWorkMule

Guest AmericanWorkMule

this is crazy, especially after I read somewhere else a school fined a student for wearing a native american tribal feather at graduation

A Tennessee community college professor ordered her students to wear ribbons in support of gay rights and said those who supported the traditional definition of marriage are just “uneducated bigots” who “attack homosexuals with hate,” according to a legal firm representing several of the students in the class.

http://townhall.com/columnists/toddstarnes/2013/06/18/professor-orders-students-to-support-gay-rights-n1622441

Poarch Creek Student Fined for Wearing Eagle Feather at Graduation

An Escambia Academy High School student who wore an eagle feather on her graduation cap was denied her diploma after graduating May 23. According to a contract issued by the school in Atmore, Alabama, 17-year-old Chelsey Ramer, of the Poarch Creek Band of Indians, would not receive her diploma or high school transcripts until she paid a copy,000 fine for wearing the feather.

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2013/05/31/poarch-creek-student-fined-wearing-eagle-feather-graduation-149646

Guest 6.8 AR

Sure she does! Anything goes nowadays, including teachers endoctrinating people into the gay lifestyle, one step

at a time. What more would you expect from the education system?

Guest Hound

While I am not opposed to gay rights I am very opposed to teachers enforcing their political stance onto their students.  Part of why I hate any Liberal Arts classes that I am forced to take in college.  That professor would probably only lose their job if it was something crazy like getting people to see why guns arnt evil monsters that hide under your bed at night and come after you like the terminator.

Guest Hound

Also I refuse to actually show support of gay rights due to how most of the ones I know or people who support them in general reacted to sandy hook and guns in general.  If you are going to throw me under the bus like that after I had your back than I will show you exactly where you can put your opinions....

It dumbfounds me that it's ok for schools to teach that "alternative lifestyles" are ok but anyone who stands for tradition values and ideas cannot teach their beliefs without getting in trouble. If I were in her class I would tell her no and if she said one word more I would tell her where to shove those ribbons and I would probably goto the Dean.
  • Like 1

I could honestly care less what people do in their personal lives, it's not like being gay is contagious or something.  With that said I would've told her to KMA on the ribbon wearing and ask her to explain to everyone why her first amendment rights are more important than that of the students.

I could honestly care less what people do in their personal lives, it's not like being gay is contagious or something.  With that said I would've told her to KMA on the ribbon wearing and ask her to explain to everyone why her first amendment rights are more important than that of the students.

Exactly
Guest Cazador
She is the HNIC. Holding her students grades as leverage to any that would object. They may never connect any of the DC misdoings to the oval office. I would be surprised if they actually do. With as many Liberal activists readily willing to use their position as a tool for the agenda is it inconcieveable? This scenario seems to be more common place in the last decade or so. I have a child in college now and we regularly talk about the agendas of the so called educators. I am proud that I did not waste 19 years. She sees through the crap and laughs at the students that conform to this elitest training.
Wow, what's crazy is I actually had her for psychology, years ago. I dropped the class because I'm not one to listen about ones "partner". She was no where near as bold as this shit then. If she had, I would have more than likely been kicked out of school

In addition to forced compliance, what I object to is her attitude that anyone who values traditional marriage is "hateful" and "ignorant".

Geez, can these people not debate the issue without name-calling and demonizing?

A Columbia State spokesperson told Fox News she was not aware of the concerns but vowed to look into the matter.

That speaks volumes. If you believe it.

Barham said the professor made it clear they had to follow the rules of the assignment to receive credit and allegedly told the students their own beliefs and viewpoints were irrelevant – even when they wrote their papers.

The students were also barred from defending or explaining any other views regarding homosexual conduct, dismissing such arguments as “throwing Bible verses” at her,” the attorney said.

So much for any thought process.

“When students objected to how she was pushing her personal views on the class, she explained that it is her job ‘to educate the ignorant and uneducated elements of society,’ that oppose this movement’s demands and to correct their ‘hateful and close-minded’ views” Barham said.

Haven’t we heard this before from the hate groups?

This teacher should be fired. However since this is a state college, if she has tenure it would be also impossible to do.

The right to bear arms is a right enumerated in the United States Constitution. Being gay is not.

What would happen if a professor required their students to wear a pro 2nd amendment patch and write pro-gun papers? I think we all know the answer to that.

Edited by DaveTN

Why is anyone surprised when a liberal university professor at a liberal university does something like this?  Do you expect a bear to act like a squirrel?

Students DO have a choice of where to go to college don't they?  If you they chose to go to a liberal/left-wing university they should expect this kind of trash.

What they call a bigot...I call someone with morals.

I am young (comparativly speaking) and I am in shock at how fast morals are declining and how those without morals are not only praised but exuberantly praised. Look at the way our children are treated. They have to fight for their life before they are even born. The current people that are in charge right now are not just a problem but more scary, the result of the problem. If you fall into a certain category with the first criteria being you vote conservatively, you are not just the opposition but the enemy too. Edited by Slappy

Not really surprising at all. We're living in the last days.

I do agree that things are lining up for the cataclysmic disaster. Of course, it's been that way since sin entered the world, but it certainly seems the foot is on the accelorator now more than ever.