Weed, fights and guns: Trayvon Martin’s text messages released

The survivor gets to tell any story that he/she chooses. Even a lie.

There is no doubt that Zimmermann has blood on
his head in a photo. Everything else is questionable.

That's the way our system works. In the event there's a lack of evidence, we don't get to simply fabricate evidence to suit our desired outcome. 

And your statement is exactly why this case should have never been brought to a jury. No evidence.

So it all boils down to Zimmerman being a racist? I thought you all argued this case wasn't about race? When we tried to point out the fact that the only reason this case was covered by the media was because of the race of the two parties involved you guys said we were wrong.

Where did you read that in my statement? I merely said that this mess started because Martin fit the description. Edited by LINKS2K

Martin didn't deserve to be shot because of his past. He deserved to be shot because he physically assaulted Zimmerman. There is actual evidence (even if you don't like the source) that Martin physically assaulted Zimmerman. There is ZERO actual evidence that Martin didn't physically assault Zimmerman.

That's part of the issue; what did Zman do to set this kid off to get issued an azz whoop'in? Nothing? Zman was just out for an evening stroll? TM did it for what reason? Something happened to set that kid off. I would say TM was a pretty sorry "thug" though for going out at night without his gun and gold grills huh? Zman  "said" TM circled his vehicle...did he? There's no doubt he assaulted Zman, did a damn right good job of it too. But why I ask? If TM went out looking for trouble, he would have got into at the store, but Zman came and found him instead. There are  whole lot of questions to be answered!

Dave S

That's the way our system works. In the event there's a lack of evidence, we don't get to simply fabricate evidence to suit our desired outcome. 

And your statement is exactly why this case should have never been brought to a jury. No evidence.

THe only evidence worth anything is TM is dead, and his parents wanted to know why? I'd want answers too. And, if the police told me my kid was walking home when he encountered Zman and got killed? There's a probem..and some toes are going to get stepped on! 

Dave S

• Like 1
Wow, so based on some of y'all's logic, having an opinion such as mine is somehow condemning a man to jail or something. I had no idea my opinion held so much power. Guess I'll head on down to The Tilted Kilt and let them know my opinion is that the waitresses should start giving free BJs.

By some folks logic it is wrong to think a man committed a crime until he is found guilty. I'm curious how many folks thought OJ was innocent because he hadn't been proven guilty. Or how about Casey Anthony, or perhaps Michael Jackson? We have opinions, and sometimes they're different. I have some pretty good reasons for why I formed my opinions. At a minimum I would not count anything Zimmerman says as trustworthy based on his past, so even if I thought he was telling the truth I'd be skeptical.

I'm not on a jury nor am I a judge. My opinion holds no weight of the law, so calm your rhetoric about the guilty til proven innocent stuff. I ain't the law.
  • Like 3

THe only evidence worth anything is TM is dead, and his parents wanted to know why? I'd want answers too. And, if the police told me my kid was walking home when he encountered Zman and got killed? There's a probem..and some toes are going to get stepped on!

Dave S

Toes needed to be stepped on. I would like to think that any parent would want to ensure that there was no foul play involved in the death of their child.

Types Edited by LINKS2K

Dave S

You always leave out the whole "TM was violently bashing Z's head against the sidewalk when Z discharged his weapon" part of the equasion.

Why is that?

Wow, so based on some of y'all's logic, having an opinion such as mine is somehow condemning a man to jail or something. I had no idea my opinion held so much power. Guess I'll head on down to The Tilted Kilt and let them know my opinion is that the waitresses should start giving free BJs.By some folks logic it is wrong to think a man committed a crime until he is found guilty. I'm curious how many folks thought OJ was innocent because he hadn't been proven guilty. Or how about Casey Anthony, or perhaps Michael Jackson? We have opinions, and sometimes they're different. I have some pretty good reasons for why I formed my opinions. At a minimum I would not count anything Zimmerman says as trustworthy based on his past, so even if I thought he was telling the truth I'd be skeptical.I'm not on a jury nor am I a judge. My opinion holds no weight of the law, so calm your rhetoric about the guilty til proven innocent stuff. I ain't the law.

If the BJs are free, I guess the least that I could do is pay for the first round.:)
  • Like 3

That's part of the issue; what did Zman do to set this kid off to get issued an azz whoop'in? Nothing? Zman was just out for an evening stroll? TM did it for what reason? Something happened to set that kid off. I would say TM was a pretty sorry "thug" though for going out at night without his gun and gold grills huh? Zman  "said" TM circled his vehicle...did he? There's no doubt he assaulted Zman, did a damn right good job of it too. But why I ask? If TM went out looking for trouble, he would have got into at the store, but Zman came and found him instead. There are  whole lot of questions to be answered!

Dave S

Sadly, as much as I sometimes wish it weren't true, we can't lawfully physically assault someone simply because they set us off. This is especially true when the person who is doing the "setting off" isn't in violation of the law. 

Sir, please slooooow down and read your quote that I responded to.

I know exactly what you were referring to. Following right along with your logic, based on my post you were referring to, the real reason Zimmerman was following Martin was because Zimmerman was going to sexually molest Martin. 

Dave S

The family got answers, but much like you, they didn't want to hear the facts. They were expecting Zimmerman to say that he intentionally racially profiled their son and killed him because he hates blacks.

• Like 2

I know exactly what you were referring to. Following right along with your logic, based on my post you were referring to, the real reason Zimmerman was following Martin was because Zimmerman was going to sexually molest Martin.

What's with your molestation fetish?

Dave S

The only way that "evidence" is the "only evidence worth anything" is that the person making that valuation has decided that he isn't going to consider any other evidence.

Trayvon's parents knew exactly why their son was dead...they got their answers...they just didn't like the answers.  Now, I can fully understand why Trayvon's parents didn't like the answers they had and/or wanted different answers...I guess most parents would feel the same way.  Where I part company with them is when they (with the help of a very biased media) decided to scrub sweet little Trayvon's image into something he wasn't and THEN sued the homeowner's association for a seven figure settlement months before Zimmerman's trial started...yeah; I'd say we know pretty well what Trayvon's parents' primary motivations were.

As to you wanting "answers"; that a rather strange statement from you given that you've made it abundantly clear that you "KNOW" Zimmerman is guilty AND that you want him acquitted so that he can live a in poverty and hounded until someone murders him.

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 1

I had a feeling it was an analogy some of you could relate to.

Triple,

I understand the point you were trying to make, but I am not sure if everyone is going to pick up on it though.

The TGO'ers who are insinuating that some of their fellow TGO'ers are "racist" for one reason or another are trying to make the issue about something it isn't, responding "in-kind" by insinuating that they are "child molesters" really won't get us anywhere, it isn't like they are going to suddenly realize what they were doing was wrong & apologize or quit doing it or anything.

Because they've been taught that it is never wrong to insinuate or accuse, (even falsely), that someone is a "racist", at least not in America 2.0, nope in fact name calling is completely acceptable in our public discourse so long as the name calling is leftist approved name calling: "homophobe, racist, bigot, bible-thumper", etc.

Triple,
I understand the point you were trying to make, but I am not sure if everyone is going to pick up on it though.
The TGO'ers who are insinuating that some of their fellow TGO'ers are "racist" for one reason or another are trying to make the issue about something it isn't, responding "in-kind" by insinuating that they are "child molesters" really won't get us anywhere, it isn't like they are going to suddenly realize what they were doing was wrong & apologize or quit doing it or anything.
Because they've been taught that it is never wrong to insinuate or accuse, (even falsely), that someone is a "racist", at least not in America 2.0, nope in fact name calling is completely acceptable in our public discourse so long as the name calling is leftist approved name calling: "homophobe, racist, bigot, bible-thumper", etc.

Is it suddenly fashionable for middled aged men to crying about being victims of reverse racism? If I recall correctly, you are the same guy that did what I'm guessing was your best impersonation of a black person talking in one of these threads and then stated that you call like you see them. I'd hate to be you if those are the types of individuals with whom you chose to keep company. Says a lot about you.

No one has to call any of you racist. All one has to do is suggest that something is suspect and the racist is usually the idiot squealing the loudest.

I have maintained that this case should not be about race on several occasions, but some of you maybe because you don't know any better refuse to believe that Martin could not have been up to anything simply he fit the description and " they always get away". There is a serious bias occurring, but maybe I haven't been victimized enough to see it. Edited by LINKS2K

Is it suddenly fashionable for middled aged men to crying about being victims of reverse racism? If I recall correctly, you are the same guy that did what I'm guessing was your best impersonation of a black person talking in one of these threads and then stated that you call like you see them. I'd hate to be you if those are the types of individuals with whom you chose to keep company. Says a lot about you.

No one has to call any of you racist. All one has to do is suggest that something is suspect and the racist is usually the idiot squealing the loudest.

I have maintained that this case should not be about race on several occasions, but some of you maybe because you don't know any better refuse to believe that Martin could not have been up to anything simply he fit the description and " they always get away". There is a serious bias occurring, but maybe I haven't been victimized enough to see it.

Thank you for making my point for me.

Race-relations in this country have gotten so lop-sided that anything & everything a white person says or does that a black person is remotely offended by, or disagrees with is automatically considered "racist" or "racism".

IMHO the term has become nothing more than a tool used far too often for racial intimidation & bullying, however you'll find that I do not suffer from "white guilt" & I'm not easily intimidated &/or bullied.

Point of fact ... Trayvon's grammar & spelling was atrocious, a 2nd grader could have typed more coherent text messages, if you wan't to claim that is "how black people talk" well you just go right ahead, but don't twist what I actually said in order to make false accusations.

But thanks for the heads up, I wasn't aware that "them/they" was now the new super-secret N-word ... I have to go tell all of my KKK friends it's been changed again.
  • Like 1

THe only evidence worth anything is TM is dead because TM was bashing Zman's head off the sidewalk trying to crack it open like a pecan, and his parents wanted to know why? I'd want answers too. And, if the police told me my kid was walking home when he encountered Zman and got killed? There's a probem..and some toes are going to get stepped on! 

Dave S

There Zombie, I fixed it or you. Sorry I left that fact out when I made my statement. I did so, as I thought we all knew those facts. My bad...

Dave S

Putting words in my mouth again....I don't KNOW if Zman is guilty or not. In my OPINION he killed someone and the circumstances of that shoot sound flakey to me. Zman created this whole mess and he has to live with his decision of using his gun. It's his mess and he has to live with it. He's the one on trial, not me!

As to you wanting "answers"; that a rather strange statement from you given that you've made it abundantly clear that you "KNOW" Zimmerman is guilty AND that you want him acquitted so that he can live a in poverty and hounded until someone murders him.

DaveS

There Zombie, I fixed it or you. Sorry I left that fact out when I made my statement. I did so, as I thought we all knew those facts. My bad...

Dave S

I am still wondering what questions you really have that you want "answers " you want to have DAVE'S since you have already made it clear that what you want is for Zimmerman to be poor and hounded until some Trayvon supporter murders him???

The statements you've made in the past are not indicative of someone who is truly looking for information. Edited by RobertNashville