Home Invasion Captured On Nanny Cam; Suspect On The Run

This video is a powerful endorsement of "...you need to have a weapon handy and in reach at all times...".  We can quibble about the idea that "...there are kids in the house, i dont like guns, ya might shoot a neighbor, ya might shoot someone you love, nobody should own guns (...the NJ standard...), dont resist and he wont hurt you (...real funny one...), on and on.... ya get the point...). 

The fact is, as others have opined that this can and does happen everywhere and it aint an "across the track, poor neighborhood" issue at all; its everywhere ubiquidous.  Since it is "everywhere ubquidous"; you better decide what you need to do beforehand.  

I'ts a wonder that the poor woman in this video wasn't beat to death, or worse. Thank God she wasnt killed.   Notice the police werent there; not because they didnt want to be (...which we can quibble a bit about too; especially in NJ...).  The fact is that the police cannot be everywhere.  I'm a 66 year old gimp with a 65 year old wife.  We couldn't survive a beating like this thug passed out.

My solution is simple... If you kick the door in at my house and make it across the threshold and you aint wearing swat gear and hollering "...officers..."; im gonna try to "...stop the threat with great finality...".  I may get whooped and gut stomped, but it will be after the shootin, stabbin, and fightin is over.

The same goes for the truck, jeep, and anywhere else im wonderin around.  I'm never not armed, and ive decided what to do should that awful day come.  I recommend that you and your loved ones do the same.

From the bunker on the hillside.

leroy, armed citizen

• Like 3

Home invasions are on the rise and often not reported or under-mentioned by the media.  Speaking to a local deputy, he said home invasions are has usual at burglaries.

If I could have 100% my way, $$$ or lack there of and complaining wife, I would have a handgun hidden in about every room in the house. 

I have been working Juvenile Justice for Dept. of Children's  for nearly 18 years and only have a couple of clients that had a home invasion type charges.  If I recall, the victims were mental retarded types, thus were easy targets.

Home invasions are more brazen and like one pointed out, are sometimes required to join a street gang.  I have observed in some cases, the home invasion is to intimidate the occupiers of the home and not as much as stealing items.  I guess for the invaders; it's a rush.

I have observed that kids involved in burglaries have Alcohol and Drug issues and items taken are not for their wants to but see to pay off drug dealers or purchase more drugs.  It has been mentioned to me more than one from a parent of an burglar offender that he was friends or associate homeowner's children.  Burglars study the target, gather the routines and in many cases have been in the home (invited) prior to the breakin.  I would assume would hold true to home invasions, knowledge fo the routines of people in the home, locations of weapons and valuables.

So they caught this piece of excrement.  And suprise, surprise...

Custis is a career criminal with 12 felony convictions and a long record dating back to the early 90s. He was most recently jailed in connection with a string of burglaries across New Jersey in March 2011. He served 10 months in jail and was released in December, according to court records.

Oh, and they actually set a bail for this poor excuse for a human at $750,000.

Edited by wewoapsiak

I see/hear this kind of thing said often and it drives me nuts. Folks tend to think that because they live in a "nice" neighborhood that they are safe. Or that "things like that don't happen here!" Well, actually if folks would look at the crime reports, yes, they do happen in your neighborhood. I liken burglaries and home invasions to the job hunting in a depressed area. If there aren't any jobs in your town, you move to where the jobs are. If you live in a nice area where folks have lots of nice, high end electronics, gadgets and recreational items, then for someone who has stealing for a job, you live where their job is. Unless the home invasion is drug dealer related, folks ain't invading folks in the hood for property. Ain't nobody in the hood got loot like the folks in the burbs do, dope boys excluded.
*Please don't take this as a personal attack of any kind, only using your statement to illustrate a point.*

No offense taken......Living in Memphis would drive me nuts, so I kinda understand.......LOL.

Actually those rapes and murders are true and I was using them to illustrate the reason my wife and I carry even in our home. I agree with your statements that evil knows no bounds and you are correct in your statements which further illustrates the point I was making, so thank you sir!

H's anyone heard if this freak has been caught? Edited by Randall53
  • Like 1

How in the world does someone have 12 felony convictions and not locked in a cell for life?

It's the "legal enterprize" man!!  The judges, lawyers, prosecuting attorneys, police, ect ect (...you get the idea...) get paid no matter what.  The thugs get the revolving door.  Dont believe for a minute that in many jurristictions that the "legal enterprize" is about keepin down thuggery and keeping folks safe; especially in the "sourlands" like NJ.  It's about everybody gettin paid and "repeat business".  So what if a few citizens get beat to death, shot, or worse.   Im a cynic.  That's what i see lots of places, and they all aint up in new jersey and new york.  What we are talkin about now is exactly why you and your loved ones need to be armed 24/7 and be willin to use them.

leroy

Edited by leroy