IDPA's new rule book

From my scan of the new rules it looks like I won't be re-certifying as an Safety Officer. I am just bummed that I bought a 3 yr membership in my last year's renewal and a new vest that will now go to waste. I wished they had listened to their customers. Very Disappointed!!!

• Like 2

JMO, but there are a LOT of stupid rules in IDPA.  Our MD is afraid that he'll lose a lot of his RO's if that entire rule book is implemented.  I joined this year so I could get a classification.  I won't be renewing next year and I'll just shoot Unclassified for fun.

JMO, but there are a LOT of stupid rules in IDPA.  Our MD is afraid that he'll lose a lot of his RO's if that entire rule book is implemented.  I joined this year so I could get a classification.  I won't be renewing next year and I'll just shoot Unclassified for fun.

So you get to pick the rules you enforce? Like letting non IDPA members shoot IDPA matches?  I know just about every range does this but it's still against the rules. I'm not picking on ya just using your post as an example of how level 1 matches will still pick and choose the rules to enforce.

I'm looking forward to becoming a SO.......so I can DQ you for looking like  you might be thinking about doing something that might be that gray area. I'll be popular   :rant:  :rofl:

The eyes/ears thing is a little much. Just curios what specific problems everyone has with the rules. I think the standing reload thing is idiotic but I can adjust. It will slow down CDP even more because it takes away tac load opportunities.

Just a couple of questions and comments.

3.2. Prior to shooting a stage, a group walkthrough will be given by the SO. During the group walkthrough, the shooter will be allowed to view each target from every shooting position. This includes taking a knee or prone position. Other than the group walkthrough, no individual stage walkthroughs are permitted. Individual walkthroughs include walking the path of fire or assuming shooting positions to check cover positions or target engagement, order, etc.

Has this always been a rule?  When on deck I frequently walk the course to make certain I understand the course of fire and haven’t forgotten any of the targets to engage.  I’m not talking about air gunning.  I am talking about taking a second look.  This is especially needed for me if I shooting later than sooner.

Limited Vickers

4.2.1. Same as Vickers Count described above except the number of shots to fire on a target, string or stage is limited to exactly the number specified in the Course of Fire description. Additionally, the Failure To Neutralize penalty does not apply in Limited Vickers Count stages.

I have seen on more than one occasion a FTN was applied when missing a Limited Vickers Target.  Is this new? I will  certainly pay more attention to this in the future.

Some of the other changes are welcomed and give more clarification.  Like others I don’t particular care for the standing in place behind cover for a re-load. 

Tom

Guest sbcman

Just curios what specific problems everyone has with the rules.

8.1.7.5 Didn't even have to look it up, I've got it memorized. My beef is with the now illegal hammers able to close while the cylinder is out. I know, silly me, it would be REAL SERIOUS is the hammer fell while the cylinder was hanging out. There's several of us that are going to have manuever to get things squared before the rule takes effect. Contrary to IDPA's Facebook posts, the US Nats is not the last major of the year and I'm more than irritated that I have to do this stuff to my gun midway through.

To make it worse, this morning I went to work on my 625 to get it in compliance only to find that the hammer pivot pin was BROKE! :rant:  

got into a ugly discussion on this with Mr. Ray at idpa hq and I quote Mr. Ray," its the MD and AC's job to make sure that no shooter returns for a 2nd match (IDPA) without being a idpa member per the rule book. and only idpa members can shoot a classifier"

I myself do not care

got into a ugly discussion on this with Mr. Ray at idpa hq and I quote Mr. Ray," its the MD and AC's job to make sure that no shooter returns for a 2nd match (IDPA) without being a idpa member per the rule book. and only idpa members can shoot a classifier"

I myself do not care

Yeah, I say let 'em shoot.

Especially when that half full mag is holding more rounds than you can even start with in IDPA!  :taunt:

But when I shoot single stack a "half full" mag is only 4 rounds. Besides, my Limited gun with 20-round mags is my EDC ;-)

Just a couple of questions and comments.

3.2. Prior to shooting a stage, a group walkthrough will be given by the SO. During the group walkthrough, the shooter will be allowed to view each target from every shooting position. This includes taking a knee or prone position. Other than the group walkthrough, no individual stage walkthroughs are permitted. Individual walkthroughs include walking the path of fire or assuming shooting positions to check cover positions or target engagement, order, etc.

Has this always been a rule?  When on deck I frequently walk the course to make certain I understand the course of fire and haven’t forgotten any of the targets to engage.  I’m not talking about air gunning.  I am talking about taking a second look.  This is especially needed for me if I shooting later than sooner.

This one is bothering me also, the way I read it the "on deck" shooter can't walk the stage before he/she shoots. Between this and standing reloads I'm glad I didn't renew. I guess there's no need to un-pin the grip safety on my new 1911 after all...

all I have is a single stack lol. Im a one trick poney....for now

But you've been having dirty thoughts about Glock.

I'm going to continue to shoot IDPA for now, we'll see how it goes after the new rules have been in place for a few matches.