Ughhh! Our president.

Guest Lefty

+1

Seriously, after reading this, I wonder how anyone could vote against him.

I could vote for him if I thought that he would beat Obama. He needs to be doing a better job of getting his message across to the American public. I just can't see taking a chance of letting BO in the White House!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is important to realize, as overall popular vote does not elect the President. (Just ask Al Gore!)

Overall national polls are easy to track and give a decent gauge of the national mood, but if Obama can't win at least one of Ohio/Florida or a handful of others, it does not matter if he wins the blue states big time or by razor-thin margins. On the other hand, if he DOES win in those key states, he can lose states like TN 3-1 and not have it matter one little bit. Which is why both parties will ignore us here in TN yet again.

Actually, McCain is coming up in the polls, especially in key states like Florida and Ohio. Not so much that he is saying the right things as that people are learning more about Obama.

I saw a new poll out this morning Obama is losing ground. He's now ahead 48% - 45%, which is a dead heat since the poll has a margin of error of 3%. A few weeks ago, Obama was ahead by 8 %.

As usual, it will probably come down to Florida and Ohio.

Guest slothful1

Lefty wrote:

I thought Bush was going to fire whoever was complicit in outing Plame. Did he catch that person or people? Did he fire them? Or did propaganda convince enough people that it was no big deal.
clipslinger wrote:
Oh and I dont remember Carter outing C.I.A. agents for personal vendetta
Um, you guys do know that it turned out to be Richard Armitage, right?
Lefty wrote:

clipslinger wrote:

Um, you guys do know that it turned out to be Richard Armitage, right?

Absurdity beyond the pale. Armitage outed her because she was never covert. It's a friggin ridiculous absurdity. She was an analyst. All this bs for nothing. EVERYONE in DC knew who Armitage's wife was. All the rest is media hyperbole.

Edited by Warbird

It kills me these whiners of Bush who are so-called pro-gun. Bush has made his mistakes granted and I certainly don't like his big gov of the last 4 years, which you would think the big gov leftists would love.

If Gore or Kerry had won, we never win the Heller case guaranteed. If Gore or Kerry are pres all of you AR 15 hi cap mag lovers would be whinin like babies because you can't buy any of that w/o huge dollars and gov ppwk. Gore or Kerry would never have allowed the so-called assault weapons ban hi cap mag ban to sunset. Some of you people are full of bovine scattology if you say you support gun rights and then cry because Bush was ever the president. Some of you need glasses because you can't see your nose at the end of your face. Or else you are simply lemmings for the left and you are not gun rights supporters at all.

Edited by Warbird
It kills me these whiners of Bush who are so-called pro-gun. Bush has made his mistakes granted and I certainly don't like his big gov of the last 4 years, which you would think the big gov leftists would love.

If Gore or Kerry had won, we never win the Heller case guaranteed. If Gore or Kerry are pres all of you AR 15 hi cap mag lovers would be whinin like babies because you can't buy any of that w/o huge dollars and gov ppwk. Gore or Kerry would never have allowed the so-called assault weapons ban hi cap mag ban to sunset. Some of you people are full of bovine scattology if you say you support gun rights and then cry because Bush was ever the president. Some of you need glasses because you can't see your nose at the end of your face. Or else you are simply lemmings for the left and you are not gun rights supporters at all.

It's obvious that Gore and/or Kerry would have done everything in their power to destroy gun rights and Obama and his puppet master Pelosi will detsroy the Bill Of Rights if elected. Anyone who claims they are pro 2nd Amendment and supports a staunch liberal for office are either lying about being pro gun or increadibly naive. If Bush could run again against Obama, I would vote for Bush in a heartbeat.

remember the days when we i a choice betwwen what was right and wrong, when the democratic talk and walked like deomcratis , the rebublicans stold tall and strong and you knew there values , where has it gone . rogue

remember the days when we i a choice betwwen what was right and wrong, when the democratic talk and walked like deomcratis , the rebublicans stold tall and strong and you knew there values , where has it gone . rogue

We can place alot of the blame on the people, we've allowed them to be the way they are.

I don't think there was actually a time when it was this way. It is just now with media and everything else we are instantly aware of stuff that wasn't revealed before. Remember JFK? MLK Jr? Truman? LBJ? Looked like saints and later we find out what they were behind the scenes. The cynicism is because the curtain is starting to fall revealing the wizard. Is it good or bad? I guess that is debatable.

for some reason all over the world extremists or agressive nationalists consider themselfs a bigger patriots..I don`t know why would a SS officer be a bigger German than a regular German, why is palestinian terrorist who blows up himself and 20 other civilians bigger muslim than a regular palestinian man, or why is a American republican or right wing oriented person a bigger patriot than, let say, a American democrat...???...it`s the same old scenario no matter where you go, it`s everywhere the same...and as far as Bush goes, I did support him until I figured out he is a moron and all he cares about is taking care of his corporate friends/oil mafia...I can care or less what he does now, i just hope USA will get a smart and intelligent president this time around, no matter what party he belongs, we are on the edge of economical fiasco and if something doesn`t change very soon USA will be a poor country....

Db

Absurdity beyond the pale. Armitage outed her because she was never covert. It's a friggin ridiculous absurdity. She was an analyst.

Having turned down a job with "The Company" in 1968 and ending up with a better job that year dealing with them, I have a pretty good idea of what different jobs entail there. A few more decades dealing with them has given me even more of an idea. :)

Yeah Plame was just an analyst as far as I know. No big deal at all. Outing her was like outing the janitor.

Why is it so hard for some people to understand that not every person who believes in gun rights votes on that single issue alone?

Yep.

But that and abortion are a couple of key issues.

I vote pro guns and also pro abortion. In short, I vote true conservative.

Gee, so what political persuasion am I? Maybe sensible? :rolleyes:

Guest GUTTERbOY
Yep.

But that and abortion are a couple of key issues.

I vote pro guns and also pro abortion. In short, I vote true conservative.

Gee, so what political persuasion am I? Maybe sensible? :rolleyes:

You're a rogue!

What you're supposed to is randomly pick a party, and then brainwash yourself to adhere to all the platform components of your chosen party. Independent thought is for bad people.

warbird says

if you say you support gun rights and then cry because Bush was ever the president. Some of you need glasses because you can't see your nose at the end of your face. Or else you are simply lemmings for the left and you are not gun rights supporters at all.

I say that some people do not vote based on one issue alone.

And I did not see gutterboy's post that says pretty much the same thing.

i will say that this election will bring a first to me. It will be the first time in my life I will vote for a republican for president.

Edited by Mike.357
Would you say you have turned Rep or its just this one time?

I would say my party has deserted me. I know I can vote for third party candidate but it really truly is a waste of a vote. Might as well stay home as do that.

Growing up I always believed the Democrats were for the working man, they represented the middle class and downtrodden. Now the Dem's seems to be left wing moonbats. They want to take anything that people have gotten through hard honest work and give it to those that are looking for the easy way out.

Welfare was supposed to be a leg up and it has become a way of life for generation after generation.

Now Obama wants to be "my" president. He does not represent hardly anything that I am now. I am for offering a leg up to those in need, but not a meal ticket that never ends. I like to donate to a charity or two of my choosing but not be told that I have excess I do not need and to hand it over. I do not need the "Change" that the Democrats are offering.

Gov't has gotten too big and way out of control. The Republicans have greatly contributed to this. But the Dem's would be running at 100 mph making gov't bigger.

At some point the leeches on society will draw more than the workers can put into their support. At that point this country will cease to exist. The Democrats are hurrying us to that point. It has been said that is why Democracy can never succeed.

I don't really care who one votes for or on how many issues. What I am saying is this; if you get on here and say you are a freedom loving supporter of the second amendment and supported Clinton, Gore or Kerry then you are a hypocrite or you don't really put America's first freedom, the one that got us our freedom the 2nd amenment, in very high standing and that's fine if that's you values system. All of those gentlemen have done and would do more damage if given the chance. None of them were as anti 2nd amendment as Obama is.

Personally I don't vote on one issue, I vote on about 3 or 4. Most of my candidates will have to support 3 out of them and most of them do. I don't have jumbles of principles which contradict one another fortunately.

So that being said, vote your own conscience, but don't bitch about Bush and how we would have been better with Snore and Kerry while showing off your new AR in the Long Gun section. They win, you wouldn't have that ability now. You couldn't have gone out and inexpensively bought that hi cap mag. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. The hand that I want is the hand of freedom, to hell with the hand-out.

Oh and if Obama wins and you vote for him for all those other wondeful reasons of hope and change, and he succeeds in taking rights (his idea of change) don't cry when you are detested here and with any other gun people and don't dare complain about the loss of freedoms, because you helped make it possible.

When it comes to national politics at this time in our history there is little choice but one person. No dem on a national ticket is going to be pro gun. In a few and growing number of cases more dem house members are being elected as pro gun because the dems know they won't get hardline east and west coast libs elected in many parts of the cnountry. We will see if there's any shift in the near future, but unlike some states where legislators are more diversified on the issue, the national party is controlled by hardline anti-gunners. You can't look at TN dems and the fact is quite a few support gun rights and think it has bearing on national politics. It doesn't, it just doesn't.

Edited by Warbird