Justice For Zimmerman

Guest nra37922

I disagree. I hope he stays and gets involved in high profile defense attorney type cases.
I think it would be great if he sues the fire out of them the uses the money to get a law degree and become a defense attorney himself.

It's probably impossible given that it was, I believe, a settlement, but I would love to see the HOA sue Martin's parents to get their money back.

In the first place, the HOA did absolutely nothing wrong and shouldn't have had to pay anything but the who suite was predicated on an assumption that Zimmerman's claim of self defense was bogus. Now that his use of deadly force has been vindicated the HOA, who shouldn't have been liable for anything in the first place are even less liable for what we now know was a righteous shoot.

Guest Lester Weevils

I hope GZ sues the **** out of everyone, gets rich, and moves out of the country to enjoy the good life.  Even with him being found innocent, his life as he knew it is now over; it will never be the same.

I was just reading about all the protests regarding the verdict.  I find their behavior repugnant, and as I stated long ago, the only justice they ever sought was social justice.

I won't be out protesting, and of course the violent incidents are repugnant. On the other hand, the tea party protests were also against ENTIRELY LEGAL government actions and laws, and there wasn't anything wrong with those.

So people can be pissed and protest ENTIRELY LEGAL situations without being repugnant, even if you don't agree with them. As long as the protest is non-violent.

Justice was not served.  What was serviced was a bunch of race baiting poverty pimps and race haters who have the ear of the present occupier of the WH and his minions.  GZ though found NOT GUILTY, and I know that galls the ever loving feces out of you, has been slandered by news outlets and unjustifiably persecuted/prosecuted by the State of FL in a pure political AND racially motivated move.

Being found NOT GUILTY isn't justice, Zimmerman DESERVES justice.   And if justice means that he gets millions from the media, Prosecution lawyers being disbarred and the State of FL ending up paying his legal bills that still will not be enough.  Justice should include very public apologies for putting on this travesty from all parties that pushed it.  Justice means being able to walk freely about town, any town, and not worry about some low life piece of trash sneaking up and shooting him. 

Sir what "galls the ever loving feces out of me" has nothing to do with this case. It's that I can't voice my opinion freely without crap like this coming out of your mouth. Your comments about me have very little to do with this thread. Thank you for being a concerned citizen and looking out for me.

Now back on subject. He was found not guilty, and DESERVES his justice. He DESERVES his freedom, he DESERVES to live in peace and he DESERVES whatever comes his way because of a decision he made. He has to live with his decision. Is it right for someone to threaten him? Absolutely not. Is it right for him to not be able to be out in public? No. But that's what happened and we all have to live with the outcome!  A Decision that any of us may have to make some day, although I pray not.

After all of this, I'm afraid that if I ever had to shoot someone in SD, that I would second think it and even delay my response just thinking about what the outcome could be!

Dave

George Zimmerman deserves nothing more than what he already got.  If he didn't want the backlash from all of this, he should have thought about that when he chose not to follow instructions from the 911 operators and to continue following the kid.  

While George Zimmerman may have been found not guilty of the crimes he was charged with, he was guilty of being an idiot and PUTTING HIMSELF IN A BAD SITUATION. 

Considering the violent crime rate in Memphis (where you profile says you live) aren't you sort of in a "bad situation" every day? ;)

Don't ever leave you truck!  :rofl:

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 2
There is no justice for him or TM, the only thing the lynch mob wants is revenge and nothing short of that will satisfy.

The truth and law is irrelevant in this matter. Edited by Sam1
  • Like 1

Considering the violent crime rate in Memphis (where you profile says you live) aren't you sort of in a "bad situation" every day? ;)

Don't ever leave you truck!  :rofl:

You don't know anything about where I live.  I have lived in Memphis my entire life and never been a victim of violent crime.  I am situationally aware and don't put myself in positions where bad things could happen to me.  

I do have friends that have had issues but they put themselves in dangerous areas at dangerous times.  I have friends in other places (all over TN, TX, and other states) with similar stories.  

Regardless of what you think, crime is everywhere. 

• Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

Justice was not served.  What was serviced was a bunch of race baiting poverty pimps and race haters who have the ear of the present occupier of the WH and his minions.  GZ though found NOT GUILTY, and I know that galls the ever loving feces out of you, has been slandered by news outlets and unjustifiably persecuted/prosecuted by the State of FL in a pure political AND racially motivated move.

Being found NOT GUILTY isn't justice, Zimmerman DESERVES justice.   And if justice means that he gets millions from the media, Prosecution lawyers being disbarred and the State of FL ending up paying his legal bills that still will not be enough.  Justice should include very public apologies for putting on this travesty from all parties that pushed it.  Justice means being able to walk freely about town, any town, and not worry about some low life piece of trash sneaking up and shooting him. 

Justice was served the best way it could in this situation. Any law suits that may or may not give him rewards are not justice, but punishment from entities who tried to do justice wrong. Don't mix the two.

And as for DaveS, or anyone else who has a different opinion than yours or mine, who the Hell do you think you are smacking them around. You might eventually find you have something else in common with them, like the possibility of defending the 2nd Amendment after all this is over, and you see that all this did was make it a difficult federal problem. Watch whose bridges you burn. You'd be surprised how hard it is to swim upstream in rapids. I can't believe how many will lower themselves to a twitter mentality over a case like this. I'm not just addressing you, just everyone who doesn't try to use reason in an argument and, instead uses perjoratives or innuendo towards someone who is probably more their brother than not.

I guess we're all idiots, so get it out of your system. You won't change someone's mind about something until you use reason.

Edited by 6.8 AR

You don't know anything about where I live.  I have lived in Memphis my entire life and never been a victim of violent crime.  I am situationally aware and don't put myself in positions where bad things could happen to me.  

I do have friends that have had issues but they put themselves in dangerous areas at dangerous times.  I have friends in other places (all over TN, TX, and other states) with similar stories.  

Regardless of what you think, crime is everywhere. 

Good grief; lighten up...can't you tell when someone is making a joke???

Hell, every time I go to Rangemasters for training I can guarantee you that someone will quip that I'll probably get a chance to use my new skills while I'm there...it isn't my fault if its like the 5th or 6th most dangerous cities in the country; just eight index points behind Detroit .  :screwy:

Edited by RobertNashville
George will probably not be suing anyone, besides the ongoing litigation with NBC. If he gets rich, he makes himself an easy target for Ben Crump. I believe I read where Crump and his 17 Martin family attorneys were debating going through the expense of a lawsuit if there was no hope of collecting the judgement. Better to lay low, transfer assets to his wife, and ride this out until emotions die down.
  • Like 1

As long as the protest is non-violent.

That is primary, but I would also add that as long as the protest does not interfere with other people just going about their daily business.

George will probably not be suing anyone, besides the ongoing litigation with NBC. If he gets rich, he makes himself an easy target for Ben Crump. I believe I read where Crump and his 17 Martin family attorneys were debating going through the expense of a lawsuit if there was no hope of collecting the judgement. Better to lay low, transfer assets to his wife, and ride this out until emotions die down.

Under Florida's incredibly good civil immunity law they have no chance of even getting to first base with a civil suite even if Zimmerman was a billionaire.

Under Florida's incredibly good civil immunity law they have no chance of even getting to first base with a civil suite even if Zimmerman was a billionaire.

As it should be...You should not have to be afraid that defending yourself from unlawful physical violence will lead to bankruptcy.

The fact that in some states you could be absolved of any wrongdoing in the defense of yourself but then be sued is ridiculous. Good thing Florida (and Tennessee too) has that protection written into the law. 

Edited by Cruel Hand Luke
  • Like 1
Guest nra37922

Agree that crime is everywhere but so little black on black crime or black on non-black crime is ever given a whole lot of national airtime.  But let it be a white, or close approximation to, on black crime then all of a sudden its a race crime and the media, politicians and professional hucksters are all over it.

Zimmerman deserves apologies from all the self serving media outlets, politicians and race hustlers that ginned this political circus, oops trial, up.

All the lemmings out there marching should be told the truth about what happened, including TM's history of suspensions and fighting, however non-PC it maybe.  Course some may chose not to face the facts, hell we have a few here that liked to belief what ever they wanted, that's fine as everyone has the right to believe what they want including that there is a Lock Ness Monster.

Zimmerman needs to be able to get his life back and the ass-clowns that knew there was no case need to be held accountable.

That is primary, but I would also add that as long as the protest does not interfere with other people just going about their daily business.

They burned some tires in the street in Oakland and a few dozen walked around Times Square chanting about whatever on a Sunday night.  Trust me, not one person missed work because of protests... not even the protesters.

Despite all the chatter on social media, I do believe the average person whether they be white, black, hispanic or white-Hispanic accepted the verdict and recognize that this was the case of two hotheads, not a KKK lynching of a 12 year old black kid.  This will blow over in short time once CNN and the like have squeezed every last drop of ratings they can.

• Like 1

Course some may chose not to face the facts, hell we have a few here that liked to belief what ever they wanted, that's fine as everyone has the right to believe what they want including that there is a Lock Ness Monster.

You keep throwing out this race baiter term around but who is the one baiting who here?

• Like 2
Guest Bonedaddy

I'm kinda still on the fence as to whether he intentionally put himself in a bad situation. Unknowingly, yea. Everyone I know has had one of those situations, of different kinds, happen to them and probably will, again.Hell. he's the night watchman. I'd want him keepin' tabs on any nefarious creatures lurkin' in my neighborhood. Kid run off then ambushed him later. It didn't play out well "because" of the kid, not what GZ did, who was totally legit in tryin' to keep tabs on a suspect person. Now, maybe it woulda never happened that way if GZ had a portable flashin' light on his truck and a good flash light to scare the kid off. If they don't wanna move along then, well.....you just have to wait and see, hope you're prepared and hope the po po gets there soon.

They burned some tires in the street in Oakland and a few dozen walked around Times Square chanting about whatever on a Sunday night.  Trust me, not one person missed work because of protests... not even the protesters.

A few dozen?  We must read different news sources.  From what I read, protests were large enough to cause gridlock  in Manhattan (I will be waiting for the quip here), and protesters shut down a freeway in LA.

Even though I disagree with the protesters, I do believe they have the right to assemble and voice their grievance.  However, just because a group of individuals disagree with this decision, they have no right to interfere in the daily activities of others.

Guest Bonedaddy

I've actually been kinda surprised (glad) that there wasn't more violence with the protest. They must be puttin' somethin' in the water and food.

Guest 6.8 AR

No, their gripe is with the government. They just haven't figured it out, yet. It's also with individual accountability, something

that seems to be forgotten so easily, nowadays.

Guest 6.8 AR

I'm kinda still on the fence as to whether he intentionally put himself in a bad situation. Unknowingly, yea. Everyone I know has had one of those situations, of different kinds, happen to them and probably will, again.Hell. he's the night watchman. I'd want him keepin' tabs on any nefarious creatures lurkin' in my neighborhood. Kid run off then ambushed him later. It didn't play out well "because" of the kid, not what GZ did, who was totally legit in tryin' to keep tabs on a suspect person. Now, maybe it woulda never happened that way if GZ had a portable flashin' light on his truck and a good flash light to scare the kid off. If they don't wanna move along then, well.....you just have to wait and see, hope you're prepared and hope the po po gets there soon.

How can you put yourself intentionally in a bad situation, unknowingly? I doubt he had bad intentions, and that led to

unknowingly put himself in a bad situation.

The rest is history.

A few dozen?  We must read different news sources.  From what I read, protests were large enough to cause gridlock  in Manhattan (I will be waiting for the quip here), and protesters shut down a freeway in LA.

I have not seen Manhattan in anything other than gridlock, especially around Times Square.  The numbers I saw in photos did not appear to be large.  The news has a tendency to add quadruple the numbers to their story, especially when they're pushing a bias.

Point is, the widespread rioting and looting that folks were hopin---- er, predicting, is not occurring.  There is a reason why.

Guest Lester Weevils

Maybe it could get bad yet, "ramping up" but I hope not.

Violence of any level is deplorable, but so far it seems way milder than what was threatened. Talk about bringing a city to its knees, the only "race riot" I lived thru (where I personally saw no violence), there was curfew for several days, with non-essential stores and offices and factories closed. Now that would be inconvenient and costly, even if most folks only saw bricks thrown on the evening news.

So far, there have been sports victory riots worse than this. I'm not saying that any level of violence is acceptable. Just happy that so far it ain't that bad.

Edited by Lester Weevils