Full size pickup opine...Tundra, Titan, Ram, F-150, Silverado?

Just for conversation. I saw the new 2014 Silverado/Sierra today at the dealership while getting my oil changed. I really like the new body style, changes are subtle but nice.

I can't afford the $48,000 crew cab sticker though Edited by Lumber_Jack
Guest TankerHC

You all did hear the F100 with the 351M400 is coming back? Last I read a couple of months ago an MT writer said Ford was going to do it but had not made a decision on the body but that it would definitely be a full size truck and more than likely would be out for the 2014 Model year. Said "All the power you will need but in a much cheaper than an F-150 truck". The price (If it will sell) and options would be a deciding factor since if you add all the options that an F-150 has, the price goes up so you might as well buy an F-150. But keeping the options down, you could have a really good truck for a lot less.

I have a 07 titan, 70k miles on it. Had to replace warped rotors once. They are pretty fast as stock trucks. I baby it. Not used for towing.

I have a 06 CC, it's sitting right now on 130k, I've towed an A4, VW Passat Wagon, Mk2 Jetta, and BMW E30 , It doesn't even feel like you are towing anything, never struggled doing 80 with load going up or down Mount Eagle (don't recommend this)

About to put another 2K on it this weekend.. 

If you are looking to get into a truck, go to the dealerships and see if they have any last year models on the lot, that's how I picked up my titan..06 Crewcab SE with a bunch of options for around 27k. 

Edited by Joseg

What really aggrivates me is that they're still making the Ranger for abroad use and it has a Diesel. I swear, it's like the big companies here our pleas and then do the opposite, then ask for our business. :squint:

I hear ya ! I have a Toyota Tacoma 4WD with a gasoline 2.7 liter 4 cyl and it averages only 18 MPG which sucks.   I wish I could get a Diesel 4 cyl in it . Overseas they do make it and it's called the Toyota  Helux .

Edited by tercel89