Maryville's Mayor is anti-2nd Amendment

I was surprised to find this but it seems Tom Taylor, the mayor of Maryville, is a member of Bloomberg's MAIG.  Even signed a letter to Obama supporting further restriction of 2nd Amendment rights.  Absolutely sickening.

7004509.jpg

http://www.maryvillegov.com/city-council-members.html

http://mayorsagainstillegalguns.org/html/members/members.shtml

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/memphis-news/2012/12/20/tennessee-mayors-sign-a-letter-against-illegal-guns.html

Tennessee Mayors Sign a Letter Against Illegal Guns

(CHATTANOOGA, Tenn.) -- Mayors from cities in Tennessee signed a letter sent to President Obama on Wednesday with fellow Members of Mayors Against Illegal Guns.

Mayor Ron Littlefield of Chattanooga, Mayor Thomas W. Taylor of Maryville, Mayor A.C. Wharton of Memphis, Mayor Tom Beehan of Oak Ridge and Mayor Bill Lusk of Signal Hill all signed the letter urging changes in gun policy.

The letter asked for the following legislation to be implemented: require every gun buyer to pass a criminal background check, get high capacity rifles and ammunition magazines off our streets, make gun trafficking a federal crime, appoint an ATF (Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives) director, prosecute prohibited purchasers who attempt to buy firearms, ammunition or high-capacity magazines, require federal agencies to report records to NICS and repeal remaining Tihrt restrictions.

Mayor Madeline Rogero of Knoxville did not sign the letter.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

There are 5 in TN, was going to copy and paste here but it would not for some reason.

Mayor Jerry Gist, Jackson, TN
Mayor Thomas W. Taylor, Maryville, TN
Mayor A C Wharton, Memphis, TN
Mayor Tom Beehan, Oak Ridge, TN
Mayor Bill Lusk, Signal Mountain, TN
  • Like 1

Be careful who you vote for.   I would expect that you would have someone like Behan in Oak Ridge, because of the "inner city" thing and the influx of outsiders to the Oak Ridge metro area.  I am puzzled at the Maryville thing.  They usually keep things pretty sane in Blount County.

Havin said all that; never overlook the obvious.  It could be about the money.  Bloomberg is passin out money, enough said....

leroy

Guest 6.8 AR

Yeh, and the list above is only the ones who will openly admit it in front of someone else. You'd be surprised of

the rest who wouldn't admit it in public, but think they know better than the ones who elected them. There are a lot

of them who will always be under the radar, because that's how they get elected.

Instead of rounding up hi-cap mags and evil black rifles, the MPD is throwing a party. 

From the Maryville website:

Police Department Invites Public to National Night Out Events.
The City of Maryville Police Department invites residents to attend a Community Appreciation Cookout on Tuesday, August 6 at the Theater in the Park across from the Blount County Courthouse.  The event will start at 6:00 p.m. and is free of charge.  Chief Tony Crisp stated, “This is a way for the  Police Department to show our appreciation and thanks to the community for their support throughout the year.  We believe that part of our success s is due to the relationships that have been formed with our residents over the years and these type of events help to educate the public about the variety of things we do on a daily basis. It helps local kids and residents to know that we are here to protect them and keep them safe.”

The event combines family fun and educational information such as a S.W.A.T. display, Animal Control booth, Community Policing information, K-9 demonstrations, Detective stand and free National Child Identification Fingerprinting. There will be hot dogs, chips and drinks, free of charge and registry for prizes.

Sponsors making this event possible are Target, Walmart, Kroger, Food City, and donations from Coca Cola, Blount County, Maryville, and Alocoa Parks and Recreation, Rapid Flow and Murlin’s Music.

Edited by gun sane

Be careful who you vote for.   I would expect that you would have someone like Behan in Oak Ridge, because of the "inner city" thing and the influx of outsiders to the Oak Ridge metro area.  I am puzzled at the Maryville thing.  They usually keep things pretty sane in Blount County.

Havin said all that; never overlook the obvious.  It has to be  about the money.  Bloomberg is passin out money, enough said....

leroy

FTFY.

• Like 1

Instead of rounding up hi-cap mags and evil black rifles, the MPD is throwing a party. 

The City of Maryville Police Department invites residents to attend a Community Appreciation Cookout on Tuesday, August 6 at the Theater in the Park across from the Blount County Courthouse.  The event will start at 6:00 p.m. and is free of charge.  Chief Tony Crisp stated, “This is a way for the  Police Department to show our appreciation and thanks to the community for their support throughout the year.  We believe that part of our success s is due to the relationships that have been formed with our residents over the years and these type of events help to educate the public about the variety of things we do on a daily basis. It helps local kids and residents to know that we are here to protect them and keep them safe.”

The event combines family fun and educational information such as a S.W.A.T. display, Animal Control booth, Community Policing information, K-9 demonstrations, Detective stand and free National Child Identification Fingerprinting. There will be hot dogs, chips and drinks, free of charge and registry for prizes.

Sponsors making this event possible are Target, Walmart, Kroger, Food City, and donations from Coca Cola, Blount County, Maryville, and Alocoa Parks and Recreation, Rapid Flow and Murlin’s Music.

Oak Ridge does something very similar to this every year.  I believe in August.

The City of Maryville Police Department invites residents to attend a Community Appreciation Cookout ...

The event combines family fun and educational information such as a S.W.A.T. display.

Some family fun. You get desensitized to the idea of every city in America having an armed military style assault team ready to kick in your door, shoot your dogs, and hold your family at gun point over nothing. Also, unless things have changed, these NNO events are paid for through federal grant dollars.
  • Like 2

Also, unless things have changed, these NNO events are paid for through federal grant dollars.

The announcement says that the event has sponsors, but the city of Maryville is one of them.  This is where Bloomberg's money comes in, I reckon.

Ok, I posted this on the Maryville facebook page-

"I was just wondering about Mayor Tom Taylor's membership in New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg's anti-Second amendment group Mayor's Against Illegal Guns(MAIG).  Is money from Bloomberg's gun confiscation coalition, MAIG, funding this event?"

We will see if it is there in the morning.  Please feel free to lend a hand.

Ok, I posted this on the Maryville facebook page-

"I was just wondering about Mayor Tom Taylor's membership in New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg's anti-Second amendment group Mayor's Against Illegal Guns(MAIG).  Is money from Bloomberg's gun confiscation coalition, MAIG, funding this event?"

We will see if it is there in the morning.  Please feel free to lend a hand.

Done.  I wrote, "I'm not certain that a lot of folks know about Mr. Mayor's allegiance to the New York push for gun control. Perhaps he would like to tell everyone about it at the event."

Do ya hafta "like" the page to comment or see comments 'cause I don't see what ya'll wrote?

I'm wondering that myself. 

You have to have an account and be signed in; I saw them and I never visited that page before.

Do ya hafta "like" the page to comment or see comments 'cause I don't see what ya'll wrote?

No you do not have to like the page.

By the way, they deleted my and gun sane's posts!  Seems the City of Maryville is into censorship too...

Going to post it again.