Anyone wanna throw in on an M60???

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the military then you can play with all the toys

Funny you mention that.I took an informal survey of all the local "serious" class 3 guys,about 8 out of 10 had never been in the military.When I mean serious I am talking about guys with multiple full auto,silenced,short bbl guns.

Guest jackdog

I guess that's because full autos aren't always the cats meow. A good man with good fire control an a semi auto weapon can do a great deal of damage. the M60 is a fine piece of equipment. It's a Butt kicken killer, when ran buy a 2 man team with a good spotter. I think these weapons are a true waste of money in un-trained hands. That plus ammo would cost you more than your mortgage.

Join the military then you can play with all the toys

im coming up on 7 years and only in the last 6 months have I handled a m60. it was at an armorers course i took in MA.

I have fired the AT-4 though.

23250024.gif

Edited by Daniel

Wow, 7yrs and you have yet to touch a M60? Okay, i know it was replaced with the m240. I had the wonderful pleasure to hump a M249 for 2 years and a few times i have to dab with an m60..

BTW, which model m60, the Echo model (Marine/Navy version) or the plain jane m60?

im coming up on 7 years and only in the last 6 months have I handled a m60. it was at an armorers course i took in MA.

I have fired the AT-4 though.

Wow, 7yrs and you have yet to touch a M60? Okay, i know it was replaced with the m240. I had the wonderful pleasure to hump a M249 for 2 years and a few times i have to dab with an m60..

The M60 left Active Duty inventory (at least for the Infantry & Ranger Regt) long before you came in.

We were using the M240 back in '93 (maybe earlier, but im getting old and my memory sucks)

I can remember leading a platoon sized Infantry task force through the streets of Brcko, Bosnia back in '95 with four 240s and eight 249 SAWs along with all the other M16/M4/M203 in the platoon.

I think during that time, the ash and trash units may have had M60s, but we didnt really deal with those guys much.

I know the National Guard and Reserves had M60s into 2000-2001 time frame as I had to evaluate some of the NG Infantry units at the NTC around that time.

Guest waffenldr

I was on sixty for about two years.Then finally we got M240s. It was hoot. We would all do a rambo impression in graf. shooting it one handed. until range cadre went ape.

I was on sixty for about two years.Then finally we got M240s. It was hoot. We would all do a rambo impression in graf. shooting it one handed. until range cadre went ape.

Where were you station in DE?

I think I spent half my life at Graf/HTA!

While in DE, I was with:

4/7 (3AD Division Scouts) and later 8thID Pathfinders

1/15 Infantry which turned into 1/18 Infantry mid-way through a deployment to Macedonia.

When I got to campbell, they still had m60s in 95-97, and Division (82nd) still had the M60s in 93-95.. The m240s were mostly used on tanks and bradley back then with a longer barrel.. either way, i was happy to give up my m249, for a m16a2 as a team leader in Division..

I'm trying to think if the rangers had them when I went in 93, I know the had a mix of car-15s and m16 back in 91... I think in 93 they were thinking about the Para Minimi (current airborne issued SAW)..

Oh the good old days.. Tell you what wish we had M4s when I was in Panama or on Bragg..

When I got to campbell, they still had m60s in 95-97, and Division (82nd) still had the M60s in 93-95.. The m240s were mostly used on tanks and bradley back then with a longer barrel.. either way, i was happy to give up my m249, for a m16a2 as a team leader in Division..

I'm trying to think if the rangers had them when I went in 93, I know the had a mix of car-15s and m16 back in 91... I think in 93 they were thinking about the Para Minimi (current airborne issued SAW)..

Oh the good old days.. Tell you what wish we had M4s when I was in Panama or on Bragg..

Yeah, I know for a fact the 75th had 240s in inventory back in 93*, but wouldn't know about 101st or the Deuce.

*The M60 may have still been on the property book, but I am pretty sure it wasn't the primary crew served MG at that time.

I PCS'd from Benning back over to Germany around that timeframe and we had 240s with the Bradley crews (obviously) and also two assigned to each platoon's dismount section.

It sucked signing for 37 Grunts and over 15million worth of equipment the week I signed in, and loaded the buses for Graf/HTA for a 60 day train up headed for Macedonia and their jacked up UN mission.

Added: Thinking back, I know the RTB still used the M60 for students in Ranger School back then.

Edited by BimmerFreak