Anyone wanna throw in on an M60???

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that's because full autos aren't always the cats meow. A good man with good fire control an a semi auto weapon can do a great deal of damage. the M60 is a fine piece of equipment. It's a Butt kicken killer, when ran buy a 2 man team with a good spotter. I think these weapons are a true waste of money in un-trained hands. That plus ammo would cost you more than your mortgage.

This has been proven and why the M-16 was converted from a full auto to a 3 round burst gun. Make the soldier actually pull the trigger so he can reacquire his target.

Guest Mugster
Yeah, I know for a fact the 75th had 240s in inventory back in 93*, but wouldn't know about 101st or the Deuce.

*The M60 may have still been on the property book, but I am pretty sure it wasn't the primary crew served MG at that time.

I PCS'd from Benning back over to Germany around that timeframe and we had 240s with the Bradley crews (obviously) and also two assigned to each platoon's dismount section.

It sucked signing for 37 Grunts and over 15million worth of equipment the week I signed in, and loaded the buses for Graf/HTA for a 60 day train up headed for Macedonia and their jacked up UN mission.

Added: Thinking back, I know the RTB still used the M60 for students in Ranger School back then.

Piffff. All dive units had a property book per unit. None of that one month pay max bs, lol.

Ever run into a guy named malbus during the macedonia thing? Might have tried to sell you some amway?

• 4 weeks later...