Best place to get CCDW license?

Guest travr6

Guest travr6

I just moved down here from Kentucky and apparently I have to take the entire class over as if I never had one.

So where should I go to take the class?

Anyone on here provide the training?

Any place I can go and get a discount or free range time certificates?

What's the best deal?

I tried searching but the search function isn't very user friendly. I could not figure out how to search the titles only.

Guest 2corinthians5:7

Welcome! A few to get you started...

Nashville Armory - Nashville

nRange - Madison

Guns & Leather - Hendersonville

Guest kj4gxu

I took mine at Guns and Leather in Greenbrier about 4 or 5 months ago.  I was very happy with the class and the price was similar to other options in the area.  

Guest travr6

So what is the cost?

I have to pay $100 for the class and then pay another $115 to the state?

What does the total cost generally run to get your license?

Guest tdoccrossvilletn

So what is the cost?
I have to pay $100 for the class and then pay another $115 to the state?

What does the total cost generally run to get your license?

115.00 cover application, background check, and electronic finger prints. That is if I remember correctly. Classes range anywhere from 50 to as high as 150 depending on location.

Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.

Guest travr6

115.00 cover application, background check, and electronic finger prints. That is if I remember correctly. Classes range anywhere from 50 to as high as 150 depending on location.

Wow.   Class and all costs $80 in Ky.

Why you have to pay anythig to excersise your Constitutional rights baffles me.

Guest tdoccrossvilletn

Wow. Class and all costs $80 in Ky.

Why you have to pay anythig to excersise your Constitutional rights baffles me.

This ain't Kentucky nor a common wealth.

I paid $70 for my class 4 years ago and then the $115 state fee. To me, even though i agree with you on the rights of the people shall not be infringed( paying for a right is ludicrous), It has been well worth the $ spent for a safe and sound piece of mind.

Renewals are only $50 every 4 years after that, and you don't have to re-take the class if you re-new before your old permit expires.

Guest travr6

I never realized how much more free I was in Kentucky.

The DMV process was ridiculous.

Everything in this state is regulated with a fee attached.

Guest travr6

If you think this is bad go north.
I never walked out of a DMV in Ohio for less than $100. I was thrilled when I moved here and tags on my 1ton were only $35

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I paid $100 today for my tags and registration.

It would have been over $400 in KY though.  They charge tax  on the value of your vehicle every year.

Saved money there.

I have had to pay extra on every other thing so far though.

Guest tdoccrossvilletn

I never realized how much more free I was in Kentucky.
The DMV process was ridiculous.
Everything in this state is regulated with a fee attached.

Really? I didn't know that. I was under the impression commonwealths were borderline communist states/regimes.

Edited by tdoccrossvilletn

When I moved up here from Alabama my CCW wouldn't transfer and when I checked into it I was surprised about all the fees. In Alabama its $15 to the local Sherriffs Dept. They run a background, they don't fingerprint; and if they have questions about your history they set you down and ask.

I joked that TN is just one step behind GA for fascist. But you know what, being here about 2 years now I am fully committed to working with the legislature of this state, I am a Tennessean now.

Ben

Guest travr6

Really? I didn't know that. I was under the impression commonwealths were borderline communist states/regimes.

Not from what I have seen in TN so far.

Everything here is regulated with a fee attached.

I was much much freer in KY.

The govt definintely likes to track you here in TN.

Ky has better gun laws too.

http://www.bradycampaign.me/sites/default/files/2011_Brady_Campaign_State_Scorecard_Rankings.pdf

They are pretty close to getting a star from the Brady Campaign.

Kentucky is very close to the bottom. (The bottom is the best place to be on their list)

Signed up for guy self defense in Murfreesboro. $30

Guest travr6

When I moved up here from Alabama my CCW wouldn't transfer and when I checked into it I was surprised about all the fees. In Alabama its $15 to the local Sherriffs Dept. They run a background, they don't fingerprint; and if they have questions about your history they set you down and ask.

I joked that TN is just one step behind GA for fascist. But you know what, being here about 2 years now I am fully committed to working with the legislature of this state, I am a Tennessean now.

Ben

Right there with you.

Tennessee's gun laws are horrible to me.

I am now a Tennessean and I will do whatever I can to improve them.

Went to the pro 2nd amendment gun rallies downtown while I still had a KY license.

Every state should be a zero on the Brady list.

• Administrator

You wouldn't have to retake the class if you had a current Kentucky CCDW permit.  Kentucky and Tennessee have reciprocity.  I moved here from Kentucky in 1997 and simply paid the fee, got fingerprinted and waited for them to mail my HCP to me.     <-- I was wrong about this part.  Outdated info.  My age is showing.

By the way... the roads run both ways between Tennessee and Kentucky.  Since it's better up there and all that.

• Like 3

You wouldn't have to retake the class if you had a current Kentucky CCDW permit.  Kentucky and Tennessee have reciprocity.  I moved here from Kentucky in 1997 and simply paid the fee, got fingerprinted and waited for them to mail my HCP to me.

David, all that stuff has changed. No breaks for any other states now. Same full drill for anyone moving here.

- OS