3 gun around Nashville or close

Are there any groups,or get together for fun folks practicing and firing 3 gun around Nashville?

Been reading and studying and figured Id ask.Ive seen the pistol events but was looking specifically for 3 gun.

I understand going to an event and competing,but am more concerned with training for actual competition away from populated ranges.

Looks like fun!

Any help is appreciated.Thanks 

Are there any groups,or get together for fun folks practicing and firing 3 gun around Nashville?

Been reading and studying and figured Id ask.Ive seen the pistol events but was looking specifically for 3 gun.

I understand going to an event and competing,but am more concerned with training for actual competition away from populated ranges.

Looks like fun!

Any help is appreciated.Thanks 

I'd be up for a little learning and might could supply the property for a small group if we had someone that was knowledgeable and willing to join in and pass on some of it. 

The only practice I manage to get it at MCTS outlaw steel matches where I can shoot 9mm carbine for rifle practice and shotgun also.

Although we did have a multi gun match 2 weeks ago.

Most ranges will not let you do the kind of stuff we need for practice. Plus you need the steel and paper targets.

The last good practice session i had was at http://www.northportercountycc.org/   after a 3 gun match in Fort Wayne IN got rained out.

So we drove to Valparaiso and practiced all day.

Would love to practice..

Not this weekend though,

IDPA at MCTS in Dickson Sat  and Oak Ridge this Sunday for their 3 gun.

Id love to practice in a good environment...considered doing the laser thing not so sure..

I'm not sure I know about the "laser thing". I've also got another property in mind that would be a bit flatter than my place so i'll check with him and see what he thinks. I shoot out there quite a bit and I don't see much problem with it as long as he can join in.

There are several three gun shooters in middle Tennessee but there are ten or less dedicated and serious 3-Gun shooters in the area.  I know I was very intimidated by the variety of equipment and rules when I started.  it is really not that bad though.  I would be more than happy to provide any assistance in learning the game of 3-Gun/Multi-Gun.  You would have to provide the range.   Just send me a PM and we can discuss my experience and what you have in mind. 

• Like 1

Luke E.,  Dustbuster, The up comming 3-gun at Gallatin is a great place for new 3 gun shooters. It will be 5 stages with no long range stuff, I just don have the room for stages that are big and long. It will be fun and will require good gun handling  with all 3 guns. It is a good practice for the bigger matches like the Pro-Am comming up in Park City on the 23rd-25th. I will be working the pro stage two. Come up and watch the pros shoot.  Also Owensboro will have a 3-gun match on the 31st.

on the 23 - 25 about a hour from Nashville at Rockcastle (mammoth cave resort) will be the 3 gun Pro/Am normally on Friday after shooting there be Pro's giving classes,  you should be able to watch and listen.

on the 23 - 25 about a hour from Nashville at Rockcastle (mammoth cave resort) will be the 3 gun Pro/Am normally on Friday after shooting there be Pro's giving classes, you should be able to watch and listen.

23-25 of Aug. or Sept. ?

I think i'll try to make a run up there if work and life (same thing most of the time) will allow. 

It really is worth the trip.  The who's who of not just the 3 gun world but the shooting world in general will be there.  It is just too short a trip to pass up.

It really is worth the trip. The who's who of not just the 3 gun world but the shooting world in general will be there. It is just too short a trip to pass up.

I wanted to go last year but it didn't work out. It's looking like I may get to go Saturday.

just my 2 cents, but Friday would be the best day, if can at all do it. the free classes are Friday afternoon. some side matches have run out of ammo by sometime Saturday. the AM's stop shooting about midday on Saturday. of course you can watch and talk to some of the Pro's whenever there not shooting or getting ready to shoot.