CZ 97 vs Baby Desert Eagle (45 acp)

Tennjed

Kinda kicking around the idea of picking up a CZ 97 or a Desert Eagle 45 acp. This is strictly a range toy and to scratch a itch (full size metal 45non 1911/p220 itch)

Who here has experience with them. Reliable? Accurate?. I have held the Desert Eagle a few times and like the way it feels in the hand. I have never seen a CZ 97 in person, but have read that the CZ 97 is big, especially in the grip. Has anyone handled both? Are they comparable in size?

i too heard the 97 was big, bt i had not seen one. i went ahead and bought one new, sight unseen. it is THE best pistol I own. i can hit the 100yd gong at my range with regularity. when the slide moves forward it locks up tighter than a nun's purse. about the grip, i let a young man of 10 shoot it a few weeks ago and he had no problem holding on to it, and he had little hands. if you are ever in murfreesboro i will let you test run mine-bill

They are extremely similar, including the grip design.  Just from pictures, the grips look to be about the same, as does the frame and overall shape etc. 

The DE is probably a little more pricy and possibly a little better made (dunno, my DE is IMI made and its a tank, not sure about the new stuff).   But both look like fine pistols and they are so close I would just go for the one you can find to buy.  

BigK,

I got mine from buds gun shop online, just trying to push you in the right direction.  Bill

They've been out of stock for a while, but I keep checking back. Glad to know I'm on the right trail, at least.

I had Tanfoglio 45. It has same geometry and action as Desert Eagle. It was very accurate and comfortable. Ergonomics way better than SIG 220. Trigger pull as good as 1911.  The only problem I had was FTF  with lead reloads. It also dislikes HP reloads. I shoot about 800 reloaded FMJ with only 2 FTE and several misfires. Misfires were due to unreliable primers.

• 3 months later...

I have the same itch. I want a full size .45 that isn't a 1911. I've also been leaning toward a P220, but would probably get in trouble if I ever found a CZ 97B for sale somewhere.

The Nashville Gun Company( on Old Hickory Blvd between Lakewood and the Cumberland River Bridge) had 3 last week.

The Nashville Gun Company( on Old Hickory Blvd between Lakewood and the Cumberland River Bridge) had 3 last week.

That's awesome news, thanks. I found one a few months back, but I know someone else, besides the OP, that is also looking for one. I'll pass this along.