Ontario M9

I'll have it Monday. Until then, stock photo below. I figured, might as well get a knife that goes on a gun. :) Once I placed the order, I had to face the harsh reality that it won't fit on ANY of my AR's. So, I decided to build an A2 to go along with it. Problem solved! The rifle should be done sometime this week if the barrel shows up.

ONM9BLACK.jpg

• Like 2

...Once I placed the order, I had to face the harsh reality that it won't fit on ANY of my AR's. So, I decided to build an A2 to go along with it. Problem solved! The rifle should be done sometime this week if the barrel shows up.

It'll fit almost perfectly on a 16" midlength with milspec birdcage,  been thinking about getting one myself.

But of course building a new A2 rifle is the obvious solution for exact fit,  good choice!

Correct fit, on 14.5" carbine (A2 should look same):

colt-m4-m9bayonet.jpg

On 16" midlength:

rra-mid-m9bayonet.jpg

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

It'll fit almost perfectly on a 16" midlength with milspec birdcage,  been thinking about getting one myself.

But of course building a new A2 rifle is the obvious solution for exact fit,  good choice!

- OS

Yep. Don't have any .223 middies with an A2 sight. I had a stripped lower anyway, so you know how that goes. :) At least A2's are relatively cheap to build once you pop for the barrel.

Update. Found a stripped A2 barrel at BCM, Better barrel, supposed to be in stock. Just gotta find a smith that can install the front sight base. Unlike most custom knives, you can fire their ass if they get slow. :)

I don't know where your located at, but there is a local shop here in Oliver Springs that does all manner of gunsmithing. Owner and gun smith is a former Marine. Its called Fighting Sheep Dog, tell them jordan sent you.

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

I don't know where your located at, but there is a local shop here in Oliver Springs that does all manner of gunsmithing. Owner and gun smith is a former Marine. Its called Fighting Sheep Dog, tell them jordan sent you.

Tapatalk ate your spelling, and my location, eh? :) I'm in Nashville. It's probably gonna take an AR guy. Real unforgiving operation. You gotta drill the front sight base and the barrel at the same time, and then ream the holes for the taper pins. I may holler if I can't find somebody closer.

Tapatalk ate your spelling, and my location, eh? :) I'm in Nashville. It's probably gonna take an AR guy. Real unforgiving operation. You gotta drill the front sight base and the barrel at the same time, and then ream the holes for the taper pins. I may holler if I can't find somebody closer.

Yeah it doesnt show me your location on tapatalk. They can get it done for you, let me know if you need their info, or you can google them

Yeah it doesnt show me your location on tapatalk. They can get it done for you, let me know if you need their info, or you can google them

I should have all the parts early next week. Bravo is a little slow kicking things out the door right now. The frenzy ain't quite over.

• Like 1
[quote name="Spots" post="1018715" timestamp="1377044114"] Yeah it doesnt show me your location on tapatalk. They can get it done for you, let me know if you need their info, or you can google them Tapatalk ate my spelling.[/quote] I was upgraded to Tapatalk 2 for free on the last update. It does show location, you just have to click on the username and it will show their profile. Sorry for the diversion Mike....as you were. Edited by Lumber_Jack
  • 3 weeks later...