ROLL CALL --- SQUIRREL HUNTING AND KIDS !!!

Guest Bronker

Guest Bronker

Who's hitting the woods in the morning? And especially, who is taking a child?

My 6 year-old son and I will be there, at daylight, trusted Rossi 20g in tow.

He won't sleep much tonight...and when I lose that same childish excitement about hitting the woods for early season 'anything'........

I'll be done.

Who's with me?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... If by 'take' you mean pulverize their DNA down to a molecular level...

Then, absolutely.

I thought that that was the point of squirrel hunting.. :screwy:

Guest Centennial

Saturday morning I fully intend to be in the squirrel woods at first light. My Kimber Hunter is ready to go and I need a few squirrels for the pot. :up::D:D

Guest shortfri

Howed everyone do. It was a great morning, deer with fawns running everywhere. Did manage to get six, but they were all old boars. Got all six and let two get away from a strip of woods about 20 acres in size. Can't wait till later this fall when the young come out.

Guest Bronker

We saw a few, but not much moving. Managed to call in a couple with a quaker boy barker and a thrashing tree branch, but the canopy was awfully thick.

No shots fired. Terribly humid down here in Dickson County, and the ticks were crazy.

Try again later!!! Still, better than working!

Be glad to see the first frost.

I take my boys, but not this soon. I like to have a good hard frost before we start.

Good luck on the hunt!

+1 I have seen those "wolves" or whatever name you all call that parasite that gets on their skins and I don't like tossing a body. Wait till the first good cold snaps so those things die off.

The boys and I usually hunt the other areas of the farms where we don't deer hunt in Oct.

Well, my youngest daughter (12) finished her hunter education course today...woohoo!! Tomorrow morning (Sunday) I will have her in the woods. I can't wait! I may take one of my grandson's too...don't know yet.

WD

Guest 270win

The ticks and snakes are still out. It will be nice when the leaves fall to be able to see the squirrels better. Do very many people in TN use dogs to tree squirrels?

The ticks and snakes are still out. It will be nice when the leaves fall to be able to see the squirrels better. Do very many people in TN use dogs to tree squirrels?
Some do use dogs.

Speaking of this does anyone need Moutain cur pups? My cousin has a couple of litters 1 is puer bread the other is 1/2 red nose Pit?

PM me if so.

+1 I have seen those "wolves" or whatever name you all call that parasite that gets on their skins and I don't like tossing a body. Wait till the first good cold snaps so those things die off.

The boys and I usually hunt the other areas of the farms where we don't deer hunt in Oct.

That's the exact reason I wait for first hard frost! I call 'em "Wolves" too!:up:

My dog trees em in the backyard, but runs like hell when he sees my gun. he is kinda part house dog part panzy, with a mix of skeered sh**tless in him.

They are just bot fly larva (horsefly/deer fly/others) where the fly bit the squirrel and deposited egg. While they look gross, they are only under the skin, not actually in the meat.

I assure you the "wolves" won't affect the taste.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot