The weakling in Chief has lost

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

What’s China got to do with any of this Dave? Those are Soviet warships headed that way.

Might be those Chinese Warships, landing ships and 1000 Chinese Marines headed to Syrias coast to support the Russians as members of Russias coalition of Russia, Syria, China and Iran.

Might also be the fact that China and Russia held the largest joint Naval maneuvers in Russian history in the Sea Of Japan just a few months ago.

Russia and China are preparing for global war, no doubt.

Edited by TankerHC

He's still politically significant. The Democratic party moves with him. He's still the leader of the douchebags, and they're still following him around. 

Politically significant?  I don't really think so...the only thing that makes him significant is the power of his office...the Democrats will start to distance themselves from him pretty quickly (some already have) because the politically savvy Dems know that overall, Obummer is pretty unpopular and will likely be even more so after his wonderful Obamacare raises everybody's health care premiums (especially all those healthy millennials who will have to start paying through the nose so that old farts like you and I can have “inexpensive” health care insurance).

No…this is about ideology and likely also keeping the population from talking about immigration and the debt ceiling and defunding Obamacare.

Guest TankerHC

The Dems in Congress are backing down. Good. The question is will Obama move without Congressional approval? Will this idiot use his war powers to start WWIII?

Dont worry about the chinese and us startin ww3... .  We trade with china... . We are their biggest trade partners... .  Ya dont kill your biggest tradin partner... . This is just the normal jostling around by world powers.   The russians are doin it to be "significant"; otherwise they aint.

The chinese are doin this to become power players on the world stage (...which they are, anyway...).

leroy

Guest TankerHC

Dont worry about the chinese and us startin ww3... .  We trade with china... . We are their biggest trade partners... .  Ya dont kill your biggest tradin partner... . This is just the normal jostling around by world powers.   The russians are doin it to be "significant"; otherwise they aint.

The chinese are doin this to become power players on the world stage (...which they are, anyway...).

leroy

Japan was one of our biggest trade partners right up until 1941. Almost all of their raw materials, metals (especially steel), petroleum, rubber all came from the US (And some other smaller countries).

Its that History thing again, and the old axiom about repeating it.

The only differences this time are instead of Roosevelt we have Obama, instead of the British we have the Muslims, instead of Japan (A steadily rising world economic power at the time) we have China.

For those who have not been keeping up with China's economy, it is in no better shape than ours.

Despite our feeble economy ours is stronger than most and depended on by almost every civilized country including China and Russia.  If (or might I say when) our economy collapses every economy in the word will follow.  I suggest it is that fear of collapse and their following that has kept other countries supporting our worthless dollar all this time and a good reason why neither China nor Russia really desires an armed conflict with us…it would be akin to cutting off your nose to spite your face!

That said, wars are rarely if ever fought based on facts or common sense…they are started and fought based on emotions and passion so a third world war; perhaps THE war could be around the corner based on what Obummer does or doesn’t do.

• Like 1
Guest TankerHC

Despite our feeble economy ours is stronger than most and depended on by almost every civilized country including China and Russia.  If (or might I say when) our economy collapses every economy in the word will follow.  I suggest it is that fear of collapse and their following that has kept other countries supporting our worthless dollar all this time and a good reason why neither China nor Russia really desires an armed conflict with us…it would be akin to cutting off your nose to spite your face!

That said, wars are rarely if ever fought based on facts or common sense…they are started and fought based on emotions and passion so a third world war; perhaps THE war could be around the corner based on what Obummer does or doesn’t do.

Have to disagree with you. In hard assets, yes we are rich. All those big trades going on, on Wall Street are not backed by cash (Any longer). Unlike the Russians who are drilling, we are not allowed to drill in our own backyards, which, unlike the Chinese, who are doing just that with Cuba, are both (China and Russia) becoming world petroleum export powers, our exports of steel are not needed, we dont even control the (because we dont have) the real materials of value, rare earth materials like yttrium and lanthanum, China supplies 90% of the world with these materials. In only the last few years the price to us for those materials has skyrocketed. OPEC has suggested, and many countries have agreed and some countries have already made the change, that the US dollar no longer be the global reserve currency on which the Global economy is based. One of those countries is China. They have been slowly moving away from the dollar. Some OPEC countries have already moved to other petroleum based currencies in lieu of the US dollar.

Our dollar is worthless, our country is in a shambles economically, Obama is so weak he makes Idi Amin look like a global leader, and our military is slowly being dismantled before our very eyes.

We have no power, and globally we are not rich, we are broke nation printing money like there is no tomorrow with nothing to back it. Which is why no one except Rand and Ron Paul (And no I am not a libertarian), would even think auditing the Fed is a good idea, audit the Fed, and our economy would collapse completely overnight, because it would show the truth. Recently several REAL economists have stated that our national debt isnt 16 trilliion, its more like 60 trillion. Lets audit the Fed and see how rich we are.

Edited by TankerHC
To preserve the momentum of his fervid ideology he needs at least his own party to continue to toe the line,

- OS

He will simply use "Executive Action" on Syria such as he has with issues related to gun control, immigration and such to achieve Valerie's his goals. He does not need no stinkin' Congress to approve his actions, according to Jarret "it's important that president elect Obama is prepared to really take power and begin to rule day one."

Here's my problem with China; During the Korean war, china backed N. Korea with goods, guns and gooks. By the millions those little guys run illy nilly up and down the mountains of Korea giving our GI's a headache. During Vietnam, china backed N. Vietnam with goods, guns and few gooks and we bought their goodies. Been doing it for years! China backs several countries (non allies to us) with goods and guns. Although they are supplying our enemies, we are still buying their goods!

Now, if we bomb Syria, China is going to shoot those new puntang anti ship missiles at our fleet and send our carrier group to Davy Jones's locker. But guess what? We'll still be buying Chinese junk by the tons. Look in the store sometime and see how much Chinese junk you find compared to US goods.

China has been wanting a piece of us for a while now. They tried to get something going with Japan (who is an Ally to the US) , to try and get a rise out of the US. We didn't fall for it. Now they sent a Puntang Anti Ship Missile Cruiser to Syria to back up Ivan. Guess what? We'll all go out and buy at least one "Chinese made" piece of junk today. We need to STOP selling and buying their goods!

PS: And their greasy stinking food sucks!

Rant off.

Dave

Edited by DaveS
  • Like 1
Some of us happen to like chinese food , Dave. ;) As to them sending our fleet to Dave Jone's locker, I will believe it when I see it. We are still the strongest military on the battlefield. Nothing has changed. We just need to stop the stupid nation building crap. All that being said, we need to set this one out. Neither side likes us, nor will they help us, in the future. There is nothing to be gained by going into Syria.
  • Like 1

Now, if we bomb Syria, China is going to shoot those new puntang anti ship missiles at our fleet and send our carrier group to Davy Jones's locker. But guess what? We'll still be buying Chinese junk by the tons. Look in the store sometime and see how much Chinese junk you find compared to US goods.

The Chinese are not going to open fire on one of our carriers. Although it might be tough for them to hold back if Obama starts lobbing missiles around. There is no immediate threat to us. Obama would be making an attack in retaliation for crimes it is not clear who committed. Isn’t that what he said Bush did?

The Russians cause me the most concern. This could end up a lot like the Cuban missile crisis. That may well be what he wants, but he won’t come out of it looking like Kennedy did. The Russians won’t be so quick to blink this time.

Countries are moving the most advanced military weapons systems in the world into that area because Obama is making threats he has no business making. One small incident could cause a lot of damage.

China has been wanting a piece of us for a while now. They tried to get something going with Japan (who is an Ally to the US) , to try and get a rise out of the US. We didn't fall for it. Now they sent a Puntang Anti Ship Missile Cruiser to Syria to back up Ivan.

China is a superpower both militarily and economically; if they “wanted a piece of us” they would rip a big piece off. They don’t want that.
  • Like 1

What’s China got to do with any of this Dave? Those are Soviet warships headed that way.

China also has ships moving into the area in was is suppose to be war games along with Iranian war ships and Syrian shore batteries testing the new toys the got from Russia. War games can turn to war with one wrong shot. As far as China goes if we don't stop importing any of their food products they will end up killing us with poison being imported in cans. I also think it should be made mandatory that any food being imported from China be clearly marked on the label Product from China so people can make their own minds up whether to buy it or not. Last week I read that the FDA said it was going to actually ease up on items having to be labeled made in China. I think I will begin looking for farmers here that will sell their meat and vegetables to me and buy directly from the source when at all possible...........jmho

As a bit of an economics lesson; the weakened USA economy GDP (...2011 or 2012 numbers...) is twice that of china (....15,684,750 -- China: 8,227,037 -- Russia: 2,021,960....) and about 8 times that of Russia...  The chinese aint gonna kill their biggest trading partner (...us....); the russians are doin what they are doin the be "relevant"...  I will grant that i believe that the Chinese want (...and will be...) to be recognized as a "super-power" player on the world stage.  I cannot be convinced that they want war with the USA for trade reasons alone.  

leroy

The Chinese are not going to open fire on one of our carriers. Although it might be tough for them to hold back if Obama starts lobbing missiles around. There is no immediate threat to us. Obama would be making an attack in retaliation for crimes it is not clear who committed. Isn’t that what he said Bush did?

The Russians cause me the most concern. This could end up a lot like the Cuban missile crisis. That may well be what he wants, but he won’t come out of it looking like Kennedy did. The Russians won’t be so quick to blink this time.

Countries are moving the most advanced military weapons systems in the world into that area because Obama is making threats he has no business making. One small incident could cause a lot of damage.

China is a superpower both militarily and economically; if they “wanted a piece of us” they would rip a big piece off. They don’t want that.

Dave, I don't trust them no farther than I can throw one of their junk CD players! We should be very concerned with Ivan!

DaveS

Edited by DaveS
Guest TankerHC

How about China speaking for themselves. This is what I was talking about from last year.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jun/27/inside-china-pla-says-war-us-imminent/?page=all

From 2011

http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/2011/09/01/retired-chinese-general-warns-china-is-planning-a-suprise-missile-attack-on-u-s/

This past January

http://www.japancrush.com/2013/stories/chinese-military-instructed-to-prepare-for-war-with-japan.html

They are prepping for Global War, period, they have ships headed to the Med, they have warships in the Sea of Japan and they have missiles that can hit US here.

Last year the CNO was asked what he thought of the Russian Carrier the Chinese were refurbishing. He stated that it would take years to complete, 6 months later the Carrier was done and painted and ready for operations. The CNO then said it would take them 10 years to learn flight Carrier operations, 2 months later they were launching planes off thier decks, the CNO then stated that the carrier was only for learning how to build carriers, except that one week later, the Chinese released the Carrier Specs and it was nothing like what the Russians had sold them and while the CNO was still talking about training, the Chinese Government was stating it was an operational Carrier and they needed it to protect their interests in the straight of Hormuz while a Chinese General THE SAME DAY said War with the US was imminent and they needed Carriers to counter US Carriers.

So all those Americans who keep believing that our trade will keep us out of a war with China, I believe, are wrong.

How about China speaking for themselves. This is what I was talking about from last year.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jun/27/inside-china-pla-says-war-us-imminent/?page=all

From 2011

http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/2011/09/01/retired-chinese-general-warns-china-is-planning-a-suprise-missile-attack-on-u-s/

This past January

http://www.japancrush.com/2013/stories/chinese-military-instructed-to-prepare-for-war-with-japan.html

They are prepping for Global War, period, they have ships headed to the Med, they have warships in the Sea of Japan and they have missiles that can hit US here.

Last year the CNO was asked what he thought of the Russian Carrier the Chinese were refurbishing. He stated that it would take years to complete, 6 months later the Carrier was done and painted and ready for operations. The CNO then said it would take them 10 years to learn flight Carrier operations, 2 months later they were launching planes off thier decks, the CNO then stated that the carrier was only for learning how to build carriers, except that one week later, the Chinese released the Carrier Specs and it was nothing like what the Russians had sold them and while the CNO was still talking about training, the Chinese Government was stating it was an operational Carrier and they needed it to protect their interests in the straight of Hormuz while a Chinese General THE SAME DAY said War with the US was imminent and they needed Carriers to counter US Carriers.

So all those Americans who keep believing that our trade will keep us out of a war with China, I believe, are wrong.

Well, they are somewhat of a superpower.  I'm surprised that it took them this long to even acquire an aircraft carrier, and the one they got was broke down USSR junk that they fixed up nice.  They're kinda derilect that they're just now getting around to designing and building their own.  I'm not too concerned with them taking military action against us; I just think this will be their way of projecting themselves globally and reducing our influence, which it seems they are succeeding at.  They don't have anything to gain by picking a fight, but we all have a lot to lose. 

• Like 2
Guest TankerHC

Well, they are somewhat of a superpower.  I'm surprised that it took them this long to even acquire an aircraft carrier, and the one they got was broke down USSR junk that they fixed up nice.  They're kinda derilect that they're just now getting around to designing and building their own.  I'm not too concerned with them taking military action against us; I just think this will be their way of projecting themselves globally and reducing our influence, which it seems they are succeeding at.  They don't have anything to gain by picking a fight, but we all have a lot to lose. 

Obama attacking Syria will rapidly turn into a shooting war with Syrias allies. It may be localized, but it will be a shooting war. And our pilots, if they decide to send in AC, will not come out unscathed. This isnt a 3rd World Air Defense, this is a third world country with a 1st world air defense. For anyone who doesnt believe it, just ask those pilots who had to fly over North Vietnam, a third world country with Soviet Air Defense capability. And see if there are not white pilots in some of those planes, they WILL get off the ground, and it wont be the first time either, look at the US pilots who flew against North Korea, who had East German and Russian pilots flying for them. Only this time it's overt. Putin is clear on that. Obama is the one who has made threats and not carried them out. Right now he is in a tight spot, if he doesnt act, he is a proven coward. Guarantee up in DC right now they are doing their best to find a way out. Putin stands on a position of power. He will act on what he says.

Just like the Chinese and Syrians announced yesterday, this is a historic moment. This is the first time in our History, the United States has stood alone with no allies. Our own people do not support it. This is all an administration thing, nothing more. Obama is no Kennedy, right now, he is sheeting bricks.

Guest TankerHC

Every single day there is a new sign it is time to clean out the Government come election day. When a bunch of third world countries supported by a former Communist can put the United States in its place, when the US cannot obtain a single REAL ally to go to war and has to rely on the enemies of the faith this country was founded on, when the Founders were proven right but are called terrorists and extremists, if that alone is not enough to bring the people to the polls, then literally, the great experiment is over.

But if what is going on in Colorado on a small scale is any indication of what will happen in November 2014, I have hope.

Obama attacking Syria will rapidly turn into a shooting war with Syrias allies. It may be localized, but it will be a shooting war. And our pilots, if they decide to send in AC, will not come out unscathed. This isnt a 3rd World Air Defense, this is a third world country with a 1st world air defense. For anyone who doesnt believe it, just ask those pilots who had to fly over North Vietnam, a third world country with Soviet Air Defense capability. And see if there are not white pilots in some of those planes, they WILL get off the ground, and it wont be the first time either, look at the US pilots who flew against North Korea, who had East German and Russian pilots flying for them. Only this time it's overt. Putin is clear on that. Obama is the one who has made threats and not carried them out. Right now he is in a tight spot, if he doesnt act, he is a proven coward. Guarantee up in DC right now they are doing their best to find a way out. Putin stands on a position of power. He will act on what he says.

Just like the Chinese and Syrians announced yesterday, this is a historic moment. This is the first time in our History, the United States has stood alone with no allies. Our own people do not support it. This is all an administration thing, nothing more. Obama is no Kennedy, right now, he is sheeting bricks.

Well I didn't say anything about Russia. They, unlike the Chinese, have something to prove here. I believe Putin will do what he says. I'm not sure why Putin hasn't taken a stronger stance than what he has, since he is under no obligation to play nice and has more reason to interject into the Syria fiasco than we do. Maybe he actually sees this being as dangerous as we know and he knows Obama is out of his depth and dumb enough to do something he can't take back. I don't know, but what I do know is Russia won't walk away from this one. They are, as you said, in a position of strength right now while Obama is in a clear position of weakness.

I've been watching the Syria thing for a while and knew it might eventually start biting us, but I didn't see this jackassery coming. I think the next few weeks are going to be something historians look back on for one reason or another. Either we get the catalyst to spring board us into another fight, potentially resulting in armed hostilities between superpowers, or we see an American president bend a knee to the Russians and usher in a new age of weakness. Either way, it ain't good. Damn Obama for putting us in this situation. Damn him straight to hell.
Guest ThePunisher
Putin just announced that he is backing for Syria to dismantle all the chemical weapons and turn them over to the international community. Obama must have promised Putin that the US will dismantle all our nukes and missiles for him to propose such a move in Syria.

Putin just announced that he is backing for Syria to dismantle all the chemical weapons and turn them over to the international community. Obama must have promised Putin that the US will dismantle all our nukes and missiles for him to propose such a move in Syria.

There is no telling with this administration.  One thing I do know is that Obama's mouth has portrayed him to be the biggest wussified beta male on the planet.  I believe this administration is desperate for Congress to vote no on the resolution, which I hope they do, so they can get out from under this mess.  If this happens, Obama can blame it all on Congress and then go back to talking tough.  To Assad, "You are lucky Congress held me back, or I was going to personally come over there and kick your ass." 

Edited by mav
  • Like 3

We have always been prepared for that. We keep ships in the Med, and all over pacific. We have ballistic subs constantly on patrol that can take out any country in the world. Wouldn’t you do the same to protect your country if you could?

Guest TankerHC

We have always been prepared for that. We keep ships in the Med, and all over pacific. We have ballistic subs constantly on patrol that can take out any country in the world. Wouldn’t you do the same to protect your country if you could?

We are headed for the smallest Navy since prior to WWI. Two of our Carriers are in for maintenance and refit and work has stopped due to sequestration. The LCS is a total POS. Two weeks ago one third of our Admirals (And Generals), our planners, were told they are going to retire and those Flag billets are not being replaced. Thank Obama. 

Thats our Navy.

Edited by TankerHC