12ga 00 Buck Dick's Maryville on sale

I thought I would pass along that Dick's Sporting Goods in Maryville had Federal 12 ga 00 buck 2-3/4 on sale for $4.79 for a box of 5. I was in there yesterday, and it seemed like a decent deal so I picked up 3 boxes of buckshot and 1 box of slugs. This was cheaper per round than the boxes of 25 or 100 they had in Remington. The slugs were 4.79 also but I got the last box. They seem to have a decent stock of rifle ammo, not sure if the pricing was that great though.

I had just left the Alcoa Walmart and they did not have much 12 ga, except birdshot & target rounds, but they did seem to have some handgun ammo in 9, 40, & 45 on the shelf, No .22 at all. Th handgun amoo probably won't sit on the shelf long.

I had just left the Alcoa Walmart and they did not have much 12 ga, except birdshot & target rounds, but they did seem to have some handgun ammo in 9, 40, & 45 on the shelf, No .22 at all. Th handgun amoo probably won't sit on the shelf long.

The last couple times I've been in there and checked, they've had small amounts of handgun ammo. Either the buying is slowing down, or they are getting regular shipments.

As they are Dicks Sporting Goods and I have a long memory I don't need any.

I don't usually frequent Dicks but I thought I would see what they had after I left Walmart without any buckshot. I have noticed they are a little pricey. As a general rule you could say I don't get out much so this shopping trip with my daughter was a rare occasion for me.

Did you guys have a bad experience there in the past? Just wondering. I guess the name says it all, right.

I don't usually frequent Dicks but I thought I would see what they had after I left Walmart without any buckshot. I have noticed they are a little pricey. As a general rule you could say I don't get out much so this shopping trip with my daughter was a rare occasion for me.

Did you guys have a bad experience there in the past? Just wondering. I guess the name says it all, right.

They pulled all their ARs immediately after Sandy Hook, and screwed Troy Defense over a beau coup bucks dollar contract, not to mention all the customers who had pre-ordered them.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

Thanks, for the info guys. I was not aware of the issues with Dicks after Sandy Hook. I knew it was not that great of a price but was merely passing along that they had some on the shelf at a decent price and Walmart was out. 

I am new to TGO and I am still learning my way around the forums, but I have been enjoying every minute of it so far, lotta great info.

I think RED333 has it figured out, cast your own, self sufficiency has many benefits.

I know my mind's in the gutter, but I just realized that if you remove the "12ga 00" portion of the original thread title, it totally changes the the paradigm of this whole discussion. :stunned:

Peculiar how funny the English language can be sometimes.

Edited by tartanphantom
  • Like 1

Didn't Walmart pull ARs for a short period of time as well?

Nope, they just sold out and couldn't get them, like everybody else.

They did remove specifically remove Bushmaster from their on line catalog for a while, though.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I know my mind's in the gutter, but I just realized that if you remove the "12ga 00" portion of the original thread title, it totally changes the the paradigm of this whole discussion. :stunned:

Peculiar how funny the English language can be sometimes.

I realized that after I first started this thread. Not sure if $4.79 for a box of 5 would be a good price for that item, either way there would be some unhappy bucks running around Maryville.

• Like 1