Thin Blue line stickers

Guest sermon8r

Guest sermon8r

I understand the :rolleyes: of the HCP Badge and stickers...

I wonder if any LEO has been targeted as a result of the blue decal or front auto tag.

I dont have Clergy Stickers on my vehicles but my Tn Tag is close to my username and i get asked if im a Minister/Preacher a lot.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Boomhower

I've seen them all over town, and they are popping up more and more. It took me forever to finally figure out what they stood for.

62b0_1_b.jpg

Anyone wanting to purchase some can be bought here :tinfoil:

.....and here's a little history for anyone interested.

Edited by Boomhower
Guest Verbal Kint

Never head of, or seen them, before... that I've noticed. I actually had to Google it, just now, to figure out what you were referring to.

That said... I wonder how many people out there (general public) know of these, or even bother to notice?

Guest canynracer

dontchya know, if you put one on your car, LEO's will think your a "brother"....now you can do 90 through Rutherford County and Tod@CIS wont pull ya over!!!

it works, you should try it!!!

:tinfoil:

Guest Todd@CIS
dontchya know, if you put one on your car, LEO's will think your a "brother"....now you can do 90 through Rutherford County and Tod@CIS wont pull ya over!!!

:tinfoil:

:ugh:

This man obviously knows not of what he speaks...

...since half the strippers in Nashville have them on their cars.

Edited by Todd@CIS
Guest canynracer
:lies:

This man obviously knows not of what he speaks...

...since half the strippers in Nashville have them on their cars.

Hmmmm....and HOW do you know they are Nashville strippers??:rofl:

heheheheh:taunt:

That does not explain why all the blue hairs are riding around with the thin blue lines stickers.

Oh, is it so they can get out of the driving too slow on the interstate tickets... :rofl:

Guest Todd@CIS
That does not explain why all the blue hairs are riding around with the thin blue lines stickers.

Have you been to Ken's Gold Club lately? Amputees and blue hairs abound...

motivational-posters-funny-01.jpg

Edited by Todd@CIS

the thin blue sticker is about the same as a FOP decal or one of the badge thingys people put over their license plates.

I think it smacks of elitism. People do it hoping it will get them out of a ticket.

I know a couple of people that have the badge on their plate because a relative is a cop. They clearly admit it is to get out of a potential ticket.

An actual LEO does not need any of this stuff. When they get pulled over I have no doubt the first thing they do is make it known they are a LEO.

And if they did not do this to attempt to get out of a ticket they would not mention it. Not that I thiink there is anything wrong with professional courtesy.

Edited by Mike.357
the thin blue sticker is about the same as a FOP decal or one of the badge thingys people put over their license plates.

I think it smacks of elitism. People do it hoping it will get them out of a ticket.

I know a couple of people that have the badge on their plate because a relative is a cop. They clearly admit it is to get out of a potential ticket.

An actual LEO does not need any of this stuff. When they get pulled over I have no doubt the first thing they do is make it known they are a LEO.

And if they did not do this to attempt to get out of a ticket they would not mention it. Not that I thiink there is anything wrong with professional courtesy.

HEH...these stickers have been around more than a year, my bro-in-law is a leo. He keeps the FOP badge on his plate and his wife's plate. Dad-in-law has used the FOP badge on the boat trailer, worked like a champ.

As far as professional courtesy.....I am allll for it. I am not a LEO, but I have 3 restaurants in my family. If we know you, and you are a "good" friend you will have a shorter wait than most folks. As far as LEO's go, well...I think they, as well as firefighters, deserve professional courtesy.

There are alot of Nashville judges that give themselves this same courtesy but never have to walk into a burning building, or face a loaded weapon on a regular basis.

Sh**t...fell off the soap box...sorry..damn my ankle.

^5 those that do the job others can't or won't....

Guest Todd@CIS
HEH...these stickers have been around more than a year, my bro-in-law is a leo. He keeps the FOP badge on his plate and his wife's plate. Dad-in-law has used the FOP badge on the boat trailer, worked like a champ.

As far as professional courtesy.....I am allll for it. I am not a LEO, but I have 3 restaurants in my family. If we know you, and you are a "good" friend you will have a shorter wait than most folks. As far as LEO's go, well...I think they, as well as firefighters, deserve professional courtesy.

There are alot of Nashville judges that give themselves this same courtesy but never have to walk into a burning building, or face a loaded weapon on a regular basis.

Sh**t...fell off the soap box...sorry..damn my ankle.

^5 those that do the job others can't or won't....

The problem with is that we're talking about the legal system and government...not a private business where an owner can do what he pleases.

Every profession has professional courtesy, but public officials have certain obligations that others do not.

Edited by Todd@CIS

Agree to dissagree....it happens.

I do believe public officials have their obligations, and I do believe in the law. I guess I should quantify my "professional courtesy". If a public official gets popped for DUI, or 20 or 30 mph over..then yeah..that is definately worthy of punishment. I guess what I had in mind, and that I assumed you guys were mind readers ( I get that from my wife maybe?), is when they get a fellow officer doing 5-10 mph over, Give them the proverbial " warning". As far as judges dismissing their own tickets...wellll, this I have a problem with, and made it sound in my previous post that it was ok for a judge. As I am familiar with some of our awesome judges here in Nashville, I would prefere they have their license suspended on just about any ticket so that another judge can hear the case. Peer pressure and all...checks and balances.

Sorry for the rant....sore spot...get me a band-aid

Edited by Angus
SOP