I'm in love...

whitewolf001

My buddy who owns a gun shop was just telling me about the RIA 1911 coming out... I HAVE  to have one. It's a combo deal, a double stack 1911 with a 9mm barrel and another barrel chambered for a new cartridge, .22TCM. It makes the 5.7 have bad dreams and wet itself, lol. It's a cutdown .223 and shares the same 9mm mags. It'll do about 1875 FPS and has roughly 300 ft-lbs. It is a cartridge developed in conjunction between RIA and Fred Craig. Not much intel on it besides that, and relatively hard to get the ammo because it's so new but all I know is I want it... lol. Besides, I have plenty of 9mm to justify it, heh heh.

Fred Craig designed it himself and actually sold custom grade 1911s chambered in it for awhile, im sure he still does. He called it the .22 MicroMag. But I suspect he didnt sell many at the price point they were chambered in a proprietary cartridge. I guess Rock Island cut a deal with him or something.

Outpost Armory had ammo last i checked. Its not popular yet, but Im hoping it will be. I wish someone would make a Glock conversion barrel for it.

Curious what end of the range they would send you to. Is the TCM considered a rifle round? Good looking gun too.

I have the exact setup white wolf if talking about. And it's ridiculous!!! It's my favorite gun to shoot. As for the range part, last time I went and shot indoors, the shop manager ran back and was flipping out! He thought I had a rifle cause the thing sounds like a cannon going off!

Also, if anyone wants to shoot it before buying, I love to see people's expression when it kicks like a 22 mag and sounds like an AR pistol!
  • Like 1
I have some extra cash laying around, this may be a worthwhile expenditure....

Loads of .223 brass to cut down..... Check.
Loads of 40gr .223 bullets...... Check.
Sturdy backstop at 100 yards... Check.

Curious as to what the dies for it are running (time to do some googling...)

I have some extra cash laying around, this may be a worthwhile expenditure....

Loads of .223 brass to cut down..... Check.
Loads of 40gr .223 bullets...... Check.
Sturdy backstop at 100 yards... Check.

Curious as to what the dies for it are running (time to do some googling...)

The only issue you will run into with the 40 gr 223 bullets is OAL. The tcm bullets are readily available on the web and they are shorter and more rounded.

You can get Lee dies on gunbroker and a handful of other sights. Reloading is a little finicky at first but once you get it dialed in you arr golden. Plus if you have a black out you can get tons of use from 223 brass. Shoot it till neck is weak, cut it down to 300blk then when thats done mame it a tcm piece!

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk 2

I have the exact setup white wolf if talking about. And it's ridiculous!!! It's my favorite gun to shoot. As for the range part, last time I went and shot indoors, the shop manager ran back and was flipping out! He thought I had a rifle cause the thing sounds like a cannon going off!

Also, if anyone wants to shoot it before buying, I love to see people's expression when it kicks like a 22 mag and sounds like an AR pistol!

the_very_best_of_the_success_kid_meme_Su

I had a typo in my reply, I was stating that if anyone is looking at buying one, I'd be glad to let them shoot mine before they drop the cash. The only thing I would do different is buy the VZ model. It has real grips on it vs the garbage stock ones. That and ill buy a commander length as soon as they come back to earth

I plan on different grips as it is so no biggy there, lol. It CAN use standard 1911 grips can't it? Or is it wierd because of the double stack?

No that is the part that sucks. I've bought 7 diff grips for double stack and have yet to find a pair that fit and finish is good. What sucks more is that VZ Grips won't sell me the grips! They said they only sell those grips to Armscor...
  • Like 1
I had the opportunity to originally buy one at $499 new. I thought it was just a souped up 22 mag. Mainly because the guy at the LGS didn't know much about it to sell it to me. The. I got to doing some research and I realized I HAD to have it. Then they were like unicorns. No where to be found, or if you did find it you had to be drunk or rich to buy it! Waited 4 months and finally bought it on gunbroker. D&T handled the transfer. Now 2k or so rounds later I'm still in love with it. Plus I can throw in the 9mm barrel and spring and go shoot steel!

Anyone interested I'd give it a 100% will buy again! And I will be NEEDING the commander length one soon also!

I had the opportunity to originally buy one at $499 new. I thought it was just a souped up 22 mag. Mainly because the guy at the LGS didn't know much about it to sell it to me. The. I got to doing some research and I realized I HAD to have it. Then they were like unicorns. No where to be found, or if you did find it you had to be drunk or rich to buy it! Waited 4 months and finally bought it on gunbroker. D&T handled the transfer. Now 2k or so rounds later I'm still in love with it. Plus I can throw in the 9mm barrel and spring and go shoot steel!

Anyone interested I'd give it a 100% will buy again! And I will be NEEDING the commander length one soon also!

Philip at Bellshire Hardware/Guns has one in stock. Roughly 670 total price I believe.

Philip at Bellshire Hardware/Guns has one in stock. Roughly 670 total price I believe.

He also has ammo on occasion for it also. Good call out. Lebanon Gun Shop also has one I believe. As of last week that is .
edit: another member here let me know Outpost had a pile also Edited by Wiljo05

He also has ammo on occasion for it also. Good call out. Lebanon Gun Shop also has one I believe. As of last week that is .
edit: another member here let me know Outpost had a pile also

Sorry, left the ammo comment off. As of Wednesday, he had no ammo for it.

• 3 months later...

Not sure if this will work but trying to show my RIA 22TCMs.  a commander and a target version. Got the commander from Bill's Outpost in maryville and the target from Fred Craig. Have Para grips on both of them. The black ones from Fred, pre fitted and the black/gray from VZ that I had to fit.

22TCMpair004_zps1aa8983b.jpg

Very nice.

Have you had any range time with them?

I am very impressed with the quality of the RIA guns and the prices are very good.

about 400 rds thru the commander and 50 thru the target. Just got the target and just one trip to the indoor range with limited time. The target seems to group much better than the commander but both are a hoot to shoot. My arthritic hands love the low recoil and I love the big bang with light show. The target came with the 9mm barrel which I did not expect.Fred installed the fiber optic front sight and did a trigger job. 2 3/4 pd trigger pull.