This just in............I got SCREWED!

I have been self-employed all my life, and have never had insurance. Wonder what's in store for me?

Pretty simple, get individual insurance, get Obamacare, or owe increasing fines, like anyone else who doesn't qualify for Medicaid or Medicare.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Just got our health insurance packet today for 2014. Our max out of pocket went up 18% and our weekly contribution went up 30% and they eleminated our HRA (Health Care Rembursment Account- free money we get for doing preventative visits). We are planning on having a baby next year we will max out our Out Of Pocket so we do have to take that into account. I did the math and we are going to see an increase of $3,300 for the year. I can not believe that my insurance is going to increase almost $300 a month. I went to the joke of a website for ACA and we do not qualify at all, we are eliminated for multiple reasons. I fudged some numbers on the site just to see what some of the policies look like. I found one that had similar benifits as ours and it is only $400 a month. I think it is INSANE that if we did not work as hard as we did to get where we are I could take home over $500 more a month through ACA. I should not have to pay more for insurance than people that get ACA for the same coverage. ACA should be bare minimum insurance kind of like all the "State required" car insurance. I think I will end here, I am so pissed right now I might send my BP through the roof and I now can't afford to go to the hospital.

Sounds like almost identical increases as were indicated on the packet my wife brought home 6months ago and then about that much more on the packet she brought home 2 weeks ago! The deductible has more than doubled, the flex spending account was almost cut in half and the premiums have more than doubled.. We're in a sad state of self destructiveness and i'm afraid "we the people" aren't going to come to until it's to late. 

Our insurance when up as well. We have saw a $900 annual increase. We also have to pay 5% of the bill once our deductibles are met. Last year, we had a much smaller deductible and no coinsurance cost. I fear next year is going to be much worse.
Guest ThePunisher
By the time the commie leaves office in 3 more years, people's take home pay is gonna be several thousand dollars less than when Bush was POTUS. After the first 4 years of Obama in office the median income of workers was $4,500 less than when he was elected. How much more lost income is it going to take before people wake up and say they've had enough of this communism.

The Affordable Care Act itself states that the IRS cannot file a lien on a property because an uninsured person fails to pay a penalty. Nor can it seize bank accounts or garnish paychecks to recover Obamacare fines. Nor will Americans who refuse to pay for mandatory health insurance be subject to criminal prosecution of any kind.

But it does state clearly that the IRS will deduct the fine from your tax return if you overpaid in income tax. If you broke even, you will now owe the fine to the IRS just like owing income tax. If you already owed the IRS, the fine will be added to what you already owe.

You make the payment when you file your 2014 taxes, which are due in April 2015.

Good luck dodging the fine because I doubt they'll let folks avoid for long! They're just being lenient right now to get folks used to the law. But as it goes on and folks refuse to comply, they'll pass more laws/regulations to give them more power to take that money from you. Edited by JohnC