This just in............I got SCREWED!

I have heard this from SEVERAL people in Several States say the same thing. The darn liberals just dont get it and wont get it. 

I can about deal with the liberals, it is the progressives that drive me nuts!

By 2016 that $300 a month will be a distant, treasured memory.

I was paying double that for $5K deductible with no copays, just covering me, and was in quite good health the whole time I had it, too.

Now officially a geezer, $104/month out of SS, and the bennies are 10-20 times better, too. I appreciate y'all funding it, guys!

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_xwnVLC-YQ

and when they screw it up, how will they pay for it?

Let's let Keynesian Economics Elitist Paul Krugman explain how:

Who is he? Paul Krugman

Krugman: "Death panels and sales taxes is how we do this"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9u2Lf0DdzA

If you want to go farther, look at Ezekiel Emanuel and his healthcare rationing (read the pdf they wrote) You know, Rahm Emanuel's brother. (pdf below)

Ezekiel is currently is acting as Special Advisor for Health Policy to Peter Orszag, the Director of the Office of Management and Budget. The Office of Management and Budget's role is to assist the White House in the preparation and administration of the federal budget.

Look at the rationed care curve. Ezekiel Emanuel's (and the two others who helped write it) came up with this and medical colleges are teaching this as part of ethics. lol

Zeke-Emanuel-Curve-and-Intervention1.png

‘However, other things are rarely equal—whether to save one 20-year-old, who might live another 60 years, if saved, or three 70-year-olds, who could only live for another 10 years each—is unclear.’ In fact, Dr. Emanuel makes a clear choice: ‘When implemented, the complete lives system produces a priority curve on which individuals aged roughly 15 and 40 years get the most substantial chance, whereas the youngest and oldest people get changes that are attenuated . . . .’

The youngest are . . .put at the back of the line: ‘Adolescents have received substantial education and parental care, investments that will be wasted without a complete life. Infants, by contrast, have not yet received these investments . . .’

See page 6 of 9 for the graph. http://bme.ccny.cuny.edu/faculty/mbikson/Courses/BMESeniorDesign/EthicsOfHealthRationing.pdf

Betsy McCaughey: Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel Wants Health-Care Rationing - WSJ.com

Posted just so you know where we're headed...... Edited by JohnC
I did some digging on the tax/fine if you don't want nor have health insurance and this is what I found on the Govt site.

Based on a $100,000.00 yearly gross income.

The fine/tax is 1% of your gross income for the first year.

$100,000.00 x 0.01% would be $1,000.00 to the tax/fine!

The second year will be 2.5% of your gross yearly income.

$100,000.00 x 0.025% would be $2,500.00 to the tax/fine!

I've not been able to locate the fine/tax for the 3rd year and beyond. But if it keeps increasing, you will eventually find it cheaper to buy health insurance.

Keep in mind, this buys you absolutely ZERO health insurance and no subsidized Govt coverage. It is just that, a fine/tax and you're still 100% financially liable for any medical costs you incur.

If you do not pay it, they will take it directly from your tax return if you have overpaid on your taxes, or they'll add the negative balance to your return and you'll owe the IRS that amount.

That is my understand via the Govt HC site.

Welcome to being taxed/fined or forced to buy something just for living and being an American citizen!
  • Like 1
Guest ThePunisher

Welcome to being taxed/fined or forced to buy something just for living and being an American citizen!

Surprise, surprise. Even the ones that voted for the commie will be taxed and fined. Voting has consequences.

Holy shit have our health insurance plans changed!  Just checked our '14 changes and the plan costs are not too much higher but copays have skyrocketed.  Surgeon copay has went up 200% by itself... Gonna have to actually read the benefits guide this year.

Starting 2014, most people must have health coverage or pay a fee (the “individual shared responsibility payment”). You can get an exemption in certain cases.

The individual shared responsibility payment

If you can afford health insurance but choose not to buy it, you must pay a fee known as the individual shared responsibility payment.

The fee in 2014 is 1% of your yearly income or $95 per person for the year, whichever is higher. The fee increases every year. In 2016 it is 2.5% of income or $695 per person, whichever is higher.

In 2014 the payment for uninsured children is $47.50 per child. The most a family would have to pay in 2014 is $285.

You make the payment when you file your 2014 taxes, which are due in April 2015.

So this is saying these fines are PER PERSON? Really? :stunned:

But that is a game changer right there!

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

So a married family of 4 making a combined income of $100,000.00 a year would pay at the first year 0.01% rate:

Tax/Fine Husband $1,000.00
Tax/Fine Wife $1,000.00
Child 1 $47.50
Child 2 $47.50

Total to the IRS for first year uninsured = $2,095.00

Then the second year Tax/Fine at 0.025% at combined income of $100,000.00

Tax/Fine Husband $2,500.00
Tax/Fine Wife $2,500.00
Child 1 $47.50
Child 2 $47.50

Total to the IRS for second year uninsured = $5,095.00

Really? I'm reading this correctly? They expect a family of 4 to pay that much and get nothing for it?

IMHO

Supreme court ruled this a tax. This can't be a tax because you're not buying anything. No product, no service, nothing with any value!

It is a FINE for not buying a product!

This needs to be challenged again at SCOTUS over and over again from every possible angle until it is overturned! :rant:

Edited by JohnC

This needs to be challenged again at SCOTUS over and over again from every possible angle until it is overturned! :rant:

Just catching on, I see.

Think of it as a sin tax, the sin being not having insurance.

As usual, though, I don't see how they can collect it from anyone who doesn't pay taxes. Surely they wouldn't actually take it from any type welfare payment, eh?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2
Guest Lester Weevils
I recall in the 1980's the musicians union group health insurance-- Didn't pay anything except 80% major medical but at that time BCBS allotments for doctor per visit and hospital per day, and cost of procedures was so low, basically the BCBS was only good for the major medical coverage.

The mus union policy-- 80% major medical, $1000 deductible per year, $1,000,000 max benefit cap, premium was $1000 per year. It was great. Wadn't subsidized. If the group policy hadn't made the insurance company money the company would have backed out.

Based on what I've heard from others, I'm praying for your increase.

Oh I'm not complaining (OK, maybe just a little) - but I was actually scared it would be much higher. I just hate the thought of paying 9.5% more and getting nothing for it.

Wait, the Affordable Care Act is saving me money. I'm just doing the math wrong. Must be the new math they teach in public schools these days.

Edited by bubbadavis

Oh I'm not complaining (OK, maybe just a little) - but I was actually scared it would be much higher. I just hate the thought of paying 9.5% more and getting nothing for it.

Wait, the Affordable Care Act is saving me money. I'm just doing the math wrong. Must be the new math they teach in public schools these days.

Trust me, I'll be complaining, too.  :mad: 

Just got my 2014 rates today. My insurance benefits are largely unchanged. The price is going up by 9.5%. Compared to the horror stories above, I guess I should be happy...but I'm not.

Well, there's always next year, especially if your insurer is an ACA vendor, and finds he can't balance the books a year or so in.

'Course, 10% a year ain't exactly something to rejoice about either, as you said. Your salary go up each year enough to at least break even on it?

- OS

Well, there's always next year, especially if your insurer is an ACA vendor, and finds he can't balance the books a year or so in.

'Course, 10% a year ain't exactly something to rejoice about either, as you said. Your salary go up each year enough to at least break even on it?

- OS

My insurer isn't an ACA vendor but you bring up a very good point. At least I have gotten raises that were enough to cover the rate increases - they sure weren't 9.5% though so over time the math doesn't work out well.

Just catching on, I see.

Think of it as a sin tax, the sin being not having insurance.

As usual, though, I don't see how they can collect it from anyone who doesn't pay taxes. Surely they wouldn't actually take it from any type welfare payment, eh?

- OS

Not just catching on. Just learning of the technicalities in the law.

My insurer isn't an ACA vendor but you bring up a very good point. At least I have gotten raises that were enough to cover the rate increases - they sure weren't 9.5% though so over time the math doesn't work out well.

Well, of course, the insurance didn't go up 9.5% of your total salary, but whatever % of your salary it is, if salary doesn't go up same dollar amount, well ... you know.

- OS

Yep - we are on the same page. Just trying to point out that the math won't work over time. Eventually, at the rate we are going, health insurance costs are going to eat us alive.

Well, of course, the insurance didn't go up 9.5% of your total salary, but whatever % of your salary it is, if salary doesn't go up same dollar amount, well ... you know.

- OS

Edited by bubbadavis

Didn't Obama promise everybody's healthcare cost would drop $2,500 the first year?

Oh it does go down that much for the illegals using ER treatments only. The problem is, they're not going to paythe ssubsidized bill, just like they didn't pay the ER bills, and we get to help them out now since it's not fair.
Guest 6.8 AR

Math doesn't matter when you can't get in the system and use it. It's a foregone conclusion, to me, at least, that

whatever you pay, it won't be enough. And I would love to hear all the stories of that great care you received

being covered by Obamacare, whenever that happens, because you won't. Worrying over the cost of something

that you can't conceptualize is like using a chainsaw on a tree that isn't there.

Don't fall for the fairytale that this was ever intended to work. All it will do is cost. A figure no one can afford.

Everybody can buy insurance from the exchanges, but if your employer offers health insurance that costs less than 9% of your income then you get no subsidy to help you pay for the insurance.

My company isn't releasing any of our insurance information until Oct 28 so I'm going to be guessing for a few weeks still. But the initial information looks bad, basically doubles my cost for the same crappy insurance.
Not even looked at the ACA site yet to see if I qualify, but I highly doubt it since I'm not on welfare....

I received a 5% raise this year, I suspect it will be a wash when we find out our new premiums. So frustrating to know I work hard all year for this raise only for it to be pissed away.

Last year I got 3% but I hardly noticed a difference because of the payroll tax they brought back or increased at the same time.