This just in............I got SCREWED!

Just got our health insurance packet today for 2014. Our max out of pocket went up 18% and our weekly contribution went up 30% and they eleminated our HRA (Health Care Rembursment Account- free money we get for doing preventative visits). We are planning on having a baby next year we will max out our Out Of Pocket so we do have to take that into account. I did the math and we are going to see an increase of $3,300 for the year. I can not believe that my insurance is going to increase almost $300 a month. I went to the joke of a website for ACA and we do not qualify at all, we are eliminated for multiple reasons. I fudged some numbers on the site just to see what some of the policies look like. I found one that had similar benifits as ours and it is only $400 a month. I think it is INSANE that if we did not work as hard as we did to get where we are I could take home over $500 more a month through ACA. I should not have to pay more for insurance than people that get ACA for the same coverage. ACA should be bare minimum insurance kind of like all the "State required" car insurance. I think I will end here, I am so pissed right now I might send my BP through the roof and I now can't afford to go to the hospital.

• Like 2
My company isn't releasing any of our insurance information until Oct 28 so I'm going to be guessing for a few weeks still. But the initial information looks bad, basically doubles my cost for the same crappy insurance.
Not even looked at the ACA site yet to see if I qualify, but I highly doubt it since I'm not on welfare....

I just emailed H.R. to ask what changes I should expect.

Sorry to hear you got screwed, I suspect this will be the norm and not the exception.

Hmm, I may try and reach out to our HR and see if they can firm up some of the info I have.

And yes I agree this is almost certainly the new norm. And it absolutely blows..
Guest Brutnus

Currently mine is around $400 dollars a month for me and wifey, but.....

That is the cheap one which i can assume won't be there next year so its going to be about $520 a month. 

Also i am having a baby in 2 months which changes the insurance to about $700 a month. So who knows how much it is going to be next year.

I told my boss that i can't bring home less money than i did 3 years and 2 raises ago. We will see.

That is the cheap one which i can assume won't be there next year so its going to be about $520 a month. 

Also i am having a baby in 2 months which changes the insurance to about $700 a month. So who knows how much it is going to be next year.

I told my boss that i can't bring home less money than i did 3 years and 2 raises ago. We will see.

My mom just called and hers went up 45%. She talked to HR and they are having a very rough day. She also found out that the can no longer pay employees less than $9 and hour. Apparently there is some kind fee that employees have to pay and if that brings there pay to less than Min wage the company has to give the employee a raise so that they make Min wage after the fee. I am getting ready to move to another country, any suggestions>

Don't worry, the way they're printing it, you'll soon be taking home your wages in a wheelbarrow.

• Like 1

Don't worry, the way they're printing it, you'll soon be taking home your wages in a wheelbarrow.

And taking the wheel barrow of money to the store for a basket of grocieres and enough gas to get to work.

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

• Like 2

Okay Look at it this way. Obama said if you like your insurance plan you can keep it.( he did not tell you it would be going up 200%+) He just said you can keep it. He said if you like the doctor you have you can keep them.( he didn't mention that there are about 70% of the doctors opting out of the ACA and many of them are retiring rather than go through all the hassle of the ACA plan) He said that the ACA would be affordable to everyone.( It is now coming to light that there is only about 15% of Americans that will qualify for it) He said you can stay on your parents plan till age 26. ( he didn't tell you that if you do that your parents health insurance premiums would be going up as much as 300% making it unaffordable for them to pay forcing you to get off the plan and buy the ACA plan). His plan is dependent on forcing millions of young healthy people who don't have coverage now to buy a policy on the ACA plan which in turn will be used to help pay for the people up in years that cannot afford the plan. If the young healthy people don't buy the policies as planned by Obama the ACA plan is in trouble. I sincerely hope that all of the young healthy individuals that have never had health insurance choose to pay the $95.00 penality because it will not be enough to support the ACA and it will begin to implode. The American people are now getting a taste of just what this train wreck is going to be by 2016 and some poor sucker that gets elected as President is left to face the train wreck because Obama set it up for after he is out of office before it takes full effect and the train goes over the cliff. Also to add insult to injury he has adjusted the bill so many times since the Supreme Court ruled on the original Bill as it was written that by law the bill should be null and void but yet it is not. He has written over 1200 exemptions to the law allowing many people to be exempted from the program including himself and his family and all of Washington Bureaucrats. If the bill was so great why are the people in Washington exempt?  Just some things to think about and................jmho 

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

Just got our health insurance packet today for 2014. Our max out of pocket went up 18% and our weekly contribution went up 30% and they eleminated our HRA (Health Care Rembursment Account- free money we get for doing preventative visits). We are planning on having a baby next year we will max out our Out Of Pocket so we do have to take that into account. I did the math and we are going to see an increase of $3,300 for the year. I can not believe that my insurance is going to increase almost $300 a month. I went to the joke of a website for ACA and we do not qualify at all, we are eliminated for multiple reasons. I fudged some numbers on the site just to see what some of the policies look like. I found one that had similar benifits as ours and it is only $400 a month. I think it is INSANE that if we did not work as hard as we did to get where we are I could take home over $500 more a month through ACA. I should not have to pay more for insurance than people that get ACA for the same coverage. ACA should be bare minimum insurance kind of like all the "State required" car insurance. I think I will end here, I am so pissed right now I might send my BP through the roof and I now can't afford to go to the hospital.

And you didn't expect this?

I did expect some increase but still $300 a month increase is steep. I spent more than the poverty line on medical premiums and bills last year and now it goes up more than what the freeloaders are paying for a full plan.

Edited by LI0NSFAN