Well it's October and that means Halloween and Ghost Stories

• Administrator

Well it's October and that means Halloween and that also means Ghost Stories.   I'm not much of a believer in the idea that when a person dies their soul can remain here on Earth.  Being raised in a Christian home, my belief is that people have one of two destinations when they die and remaining on Earth isn't one of them.

That being said, I find it intriguing that there are plenty of cases where "ghosts" seem to be actually a documented phenomena.  Whether they are human souls or something else, I'm curious how many folks here have ever had a ghostly experience of their own.

Share your stories?  Or share stories you've heard?

:ph34r:

• Like 2
Believe this if you want: I had a friend pass away a few years ago. He was 35 and died suddenly. It upset me greatly and I had a real hard time dealing with it. One night, he came to me in a dream and we spoke briefly. He wanted to let me know that there was a place for good people to go and that he was okay. I awoke with a better feeling. I know it was him I spoke to, but I don't think he was a "ghost"; he simply came to talk. I haven't seen him since and don't really expect to.but it was nice to have one last conversation.

Sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee

I'm of the same mindset as David on this, don't believe in them. Your going one of two ways in the end. I know a lot of people swear on their life they have seen them, my moms one of them. I used to work in an old antebellum mansion that had been turned into a country club. It was used in the civil war by both sides. Had been a headquarters and hospital. Many, many people had seen all kinds of things. Late at night after close and no one was there it was as creepy a place as you could imagine. I was the last one there a lot and had to go around the place and in the upstairs which was all the old parts of the house. Never saw a thing.
  • Like 1

In Oak Ridge some were talking about some haunting places.  I replied saying I wouldn't mind staying there but I would be carrying..  One person said you would take a gun up against a ghost.  I answered, the gun isn't for the ghost, but for anyone that tries to mess with me.

I remain neutral on the subject. Thousands of years of stories and new ones showing up all the time. I do think there are fields of science that are taboo and do not get really explored because of the potential for being laughed out of the scientific community.

That said, I work with a guy that was an amateur ghost hunter, who through correspondence with the Ghost Hunters that you see on TV, was invited to go on a ghost hunt with them. Others at my work have verified his invitation and absence from work. He also has some pictures of getting to meet the team and TV crew that accompanies them. This was in Louisiana, if my memory serves me correctly.

Anywho, while on this ghost hunt at a hotel, he was informed there were a couple of hot spots at the hotel and on at an old shack or boat house. The boat house is where he said things got 'real', so to speak. One of their psychics or researchers mentioned a really dark presence and foreboding feeling that she labeled as demonic. The investigation of that location ended when one of the camera crew had a leg hulled out from under him and was dragged across the lawn and up a wall where he suffered a fracture and was hospitalized.

Ghost Hunters informed my friend that they have a set of standards for their show and will not show anything demonic. 1st, they do not want to get mired in theological debates. 2nd, they do not want to promote amateur hunters hounding areas with demonic presence. 3rd, they are concerned about the possible hit to the shows credibility.

As ripley said, "believe it or not." My friend is a honest person and has no reason to lie about this. I still remain neutral, but find his first hand account interesting. Also, remember, this could be influenced by the telephone syndrome. (me trying to remember the story he told me of his experience).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I have also been in a supposed haunted house in gallatin. I went into the cellar/ basement where the slaves were kept and killed (makes a interesting story I guess). I didn't see or hear anything. Everyone kept saying how cold it was....I was like " it's a freaking basement!"

Sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee

• Like 1
Doing ghost tours in new places I visit is one of my favorite touristy thing to do. Not because of ghosts, cause I have yet to experience anything like that first hand, but because you get unusual pieces of history and entertainment at the same time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  • Like 1
My wife is still scared of ghosts. Sometimes when we hear one of our kids on the monitor talking to themselves and pretending I tell my wife it's the ghost of a little girl who "just wants to play". Freaks her out every time. Edited by TMF
  • Like 1

My wife is still scared of ghosts. Sometimes when we hear one of our kids on the monitor talking to themselves and pretending I tell my wife it's the ghost of a little girl who "just wants to play". Freaks her out every time.

Baby monitors provide all kinds of entertainment

If you don't believe , here is proof. Turn speakers up for a hint.

http://youtu.be/cwIkC-B8O1o

I hate to spoil it for anyone who has not seen this yet but,  (hint) watch the chair behind the table

Either paranormal activity exists or it doesn't regardless of belief systems or what label is put on it or what causes it. I don't know if it does or not...I've never had a an experience but it seems to me that T\there is enough documented evidence of paranormal activity that I suggest there is reason to at least have an open mind about it.

If you don't believe , here is proof. Turn speakers up for a hint.

I have learned from experience that if someone tells you to watch a video and to turn up the sound, that it is ALWAYS best to watch the video on mute first then watch it again on normal volume, then if necessary on loud.
  • Like 2

I have learned from experience that if someone tells you to watch a video and to turn up the sound, that it is ALWAYS best to watch the video on mute first then watch it again on normal volume, then if necessary on loud.

First time I saw one of these it was on my old Envy phone and the volume was at max, damn near put it through the dry wall...

• Like 1

I bet it was the fake car commercial too.  That is the one that got me the first time.

I take that back, that one you mentioned WAS the first one I saw, that was back in highschool off of EBaums world I believe. But then when picture messages got big I got one of those randomly, the Envy was a pretty beffy phone FYI, it almost made a REALLY big hole.

• Like 1
Guest TankerHC

I believe that the Experiments at the LHC will soon show that there are Ghosts, but Ghosts are not what people think. Max Planks Hypotheses that Particles have a wave character, that Photons were not particles and that Nature is "dual" and is only limited by the position of the Observer was proven by the Young's Slit Experiments. But it wasn't observed, because the particles were unstable and would immediately decay on observation. 6 or 7 months ago, at the LHC, Quantum and Quantum Particle Physicists were able to visually observe the particle (One) moving on a wavelength (photon) depending on the position of the Observer before the Particle decayed. They saw it, it happened and it is proof of Max Planks Hypothesis of Dual Nature, backed up by Einstein's theory that Photons are not Particles but show Electronic wave characteristics. So what they observed, was what Youngs experiment had already proved, (but had not been observed), was a single particle in two locations at the same time. not two "lookalike" particles, but a single particle in a dual space. Planks "Dual Nature". 

One of the LHC Scientists stated that up until the discovery of the Higgs Boson verifying the accuracy of the Standard Model, the greatest Scientific Achievement in Human History was man landing on the Moon and no one ever thought it would be surpassed, but until today (The day they proved Nature was "Dual") the Greatest Scientific Achievement in Human History was the verification of the Standard Model, now its proof of "Dual Nature" 

That day, the biggest thing on the news was some BS about the Kardashians, not the greatest Scientific Achievement in Human History. 

I am a Scientific "layman" and not a Scientist, and it (Science) has been one of my passions since I set foot in a school classroom. Since I am a "layman" some of the above may be out of order since I am trying to remember off the top of my head, but it is generally correct. I have been following those LHC experiments since day one, every day. For those following it, you know there is some amazing things coming out of the LHC and for those not, the world is changing because of the LHC, should follow it. 

But back to Ghosts. I am waiting for the next video Q&A from LiveScience with some of the LHC Physicists to try and get in to ask a stupid question. The question is this.

If all of Nature is made up of particles riding on electronic wavelengths. And Nature is Dual. And since they now theorize and are trying to prove that because of this, there are dual (parallel) Universes, that may actually be visible based on the position of the observer. (Nature is dual, but you can only see one side at a time depending on the position of the Observer, and you cant tell the difference because you (us) dont know what we are viewing), Then why couldn't "ghosts" be humans here viewing observable parts of parallel universes? The reason I want to ask that question is because of this.

According to some of these Physicists, although the possibility (And even probability to some of them) of Dual Universes exist, they are not EXACTLY dual. So they say, if the next dual universe had dual "us" in it, the likelihood of us being exactly the same is zero. There may be another you but there would be differences. For example "YOU" might wake up, get dressed in your jeans, boots and flannel shirt, say goodbye to your three kids, kiss your redhead wife and go to your job as a Construction worker, while your "dual YOU" might get up in the morning, put on your suit, kiss your "nearly exact" same 3 kids, your "nearly exact same" BRUNETTE wife and go off to your job as an Attorney. 

And "dual Universes" are not just "One", each Universe would have a dual counterpart. So if your dual you, the Attorney, had a dual him, in their dual universe, then his dual him might wake up, get dressed in his flight suit, kiss his three kids, his blonde wife and go to work at his job as an Air Force Pilot.

Which leads me to another question. If Ghosts are the souls of passed humans, why are they always wearing clothes? Have you ever seen a "photograph" of a naked ghost? If you have seen a ghost, was it naked? Do "ghost clothes" have souls or are those ghosts in their clothes actually particles, seen from a different point of observation, maybe not ghosts at all, but part of "dual nature"?  Meaning, what if there are "ghosts" but they aren't ghosts, they are real, with real clothes? Wouldn't it stand to reason since humans have souls but nothing else does that if you saw a human "ghost" that they would be naked?

Why exactly if "ghosts" are here to tell us something, are "ghost" units marching around Gettysburg, in uniform, in formation (to see that photograph, stop by the Gettysburg Museum), on one hand there are the "ghosts" that always come by to tell us how good things are on the other side, while on the other hand we have UNITS OF GHOSTS marching around battlefields like zombies who cant get out of the war? So which is it, religiously do clothes have souls? Are ghosts mindless zombies? Or are ghosts something we get a glance at now and then because we are in the right "position"? Are they lost souls? Souls to send us a message? Or, as these scientists say, since everything in the universe is made up of different types of particles, and that nature is dual and single particles CAN exist in in multiple places at the same time , and the possibility exists of multiple "dual" universes, are people seeing ACTUAL people, with real clothes, doing real things, happening in THEIR universe?

Some other things that have come out of the LHC that didnt get reported because Miley Cyrus grabbing her crotch is far too important.

Quantum Information Processing, otherwise known as Teleportation, has been achieved. So that was actually achieved in 2009 at the University of Maryland, when they sent particles a distance of three feet without passing through anything physical. That led to the Scientists testing Mallets theory at the LHC last year, they smashed photons against photons, it warped light and time travel was achieved although for a micro second.It went backwards. The Scientists involved said there were several problems, it is not "historical" time to begin with, secondly, they believe that they will be able to send particles back in time, but not forward in time, and it takes so much power doing it with anything other than a particle would cause anything else to simply disintegrate and vanish. But its a start! Wait until the LHC goes back online.

I believe (Or have a feeling) that Ghosts are real, REAL PEOPLE.

30+ years ago when I first started messing with Computers, all the mag writers said that Quantum Computing would never happen except in the mind of Gene Roddenberry. 15 years ago they said there MIGHT be a POSSIBILITY that SOMETHING LIKE a quantum computer could be achieved but it would not be real Quantum Computing, 5 years ago Scientists said its entirely feasible and would happen,  a Quantum Turing Machine is not a Quantum Computer, but they have been around since the late 70's in one form or another. Quantum-Mechanical Computers are here, and pure Quantum Computing will be here in a couple of years.

30 years ago they (the tech writers) said a Computer will never be "Self Aware". Garbage in and Garbage out. The only thing your getting out of a Computer is what you put into it. Well, a Self Aware Computer was expected to go online in 2050, then 2025, now Scientists at the JPL expect to have a "Self Aware Computer" online in 2015. The implications to humanity of self aware computers is mind boggling.

Back to ghosts.  Ill rephrase my comment above. "yes, there are ghosts", they just arent what we think they are. I believe that the 10,000 Scientists working on experiments from the LHC will eventually prove it, and they wont call them ghosts, and no one will notice, because "The Real Housewives of Orange County" will be on. 

I sure would like to be around in 150 years, Earth will be completely destroyed or it will be an amazing place. I would be willing to bet that in 150 years (Or less) humanity will be seeing all sorts of ghosts, and know what they are. 

Edited by TankerHC
Guest TankerHC

I have seen "ghosts". I usually don't repeat my stories to anyone other than maybe family members. But what the hey, I wont be applying for a job anytime soon. This one is the most clearly I have ever seen :something" and it happened in broad July daylight in 1984. 

Me and three other buck Sergeants went up to Friedburg Castle in Friedburg Germany. We had a German guy with us who worked on post. We did a tour of the Castle in the morning with the old man who lived there and his wife. After the tour we stepped outside and decided to go eat lunch. Right after we stepped out down the street a silver Mercedes convertible had a fender bender with a Red Volkswagon Golf GTI. We watched it and when the person got out of the Mercedes it was a super hot German girl and she was in a Bikini. We immediately decided that help was required and we would go to her rescue. So we walked down to the corner and walked out to the street and the Polizei were there in about 8 seconds and made us get back up on the sidewalk. We were up on the sidewalk and the cops made us stand there shoulder to shoulder. For no reason. Because when he finished asking questions and doing whatever, the cop, the girl and the guy in his GTI all got in their cars and drove off.

But while we were standing there, sun shining in broad daylight, facing the street I was on the far left, my buddy Sgt. Jeff Johnson was to my right then the other two guys and the German guy was on the other end. We were all staring at the German girl in the Bikini (In case she needed rescuing) and I kinda felt something on my left and glanced left. When I did there was an old lady facing me to my shoulder. Wrinkled up face, which made me estimate her age at 80 to 90. She wasnt see thru, she wasnt partially there or nothing like that, she was solid. This was a person standing there. This person who had come from nowhere, was standing at my shoulder, crying. This person stood there looking me right in the face, from less than a foot away, for a solid minute crying. I was pretty engrossed in what was going on between me and her to look anywhere else. I asked her Bist Du OK?  "Sie sind OK?" . Are you OK in German. No response, just stood there looking at me crying. 

I got a really good look at this woman. If there were an artist around today I can still describe her well enough to draw a picture. Top to bottom. Dressed in all black. Hat was similar to the hats the Penn Dutch (Deutch) girls wear up in Lancaster, pointy but not the white part, all black. She had on a dress that went down to her ankles. All black and I cant remember what it is called but had the form of drapes and the top part of the dress was like a frock.  She had on boots, they looked like they were made from some sort of cloth and they were pointed and they were also black. I know they were boots because I could see where they came up above her ankles up underneath the bottom part of her dress. I know between the time I looked her up and down, looked her in the face and asked her a couple of times if she was OK had to be a good minute. Started to get nervous, looked at my buddy Jeff Johnson, everyone was still looking at the girl in the bikini and I pushed Johnson on the shoulder and said "look at this", wasnt more than 5 seconds. We both looked and she was gone. He asked what and I said "Dude, there was a really old lady jjust standing here looking at me crying". We looked around, she couldnt have went in the gate entrance to the Castle because it was too far away, she didnt walk behind us because we would have seen her walking, same thing if she would have crossed the street or took off up the street. No way she went anywhere, and I know what I saw, I dont go around making things up. 

This old lady appeared to my left, solid, dressed in black and crying, in broad daylight, and just vanished after I tried to draw attention to her. To be perfectly honest it freaked me the hell out and to this day I still get the willies thinking about it. Sometimes I will be sitting in the house alone and start thinking about it and wondering if someday she might appear to me again. Doubt it, hasnt happened, and have no idea who I was looking at. Do not even know if it was anything other than some old lady sanding there for real and somehow just walked into somewhere (In about 5 seconds) that had to have been at least 50 yards away. 

Just dont know. But it was certainly a heck of a weird experience. 

This is the castle where I saw her. It was built in 1257 then rebuilt mostly in the 1400's.

friedberg-castle_zps11c22ed6.jpg

15258935_zps56f0c2c5.jpg

This is the front entrance (today) the road looked different 30 years ago. But the location where I saw her was to the left looking at the photo.

webcam-017747_zpsad08c14d.jpg

And this was the day it happened, the two guys in the photo were standing to the right (shoulder to shoulder) of Jeff Johnson, this is lunch right after it happened.

friedburg_zps4308e1a2.jpg

Edited by TankerHC