Nov 1st rumors

Spiffy

Our city flat out stated that as it was not a government holiday, they had no say in the matter. Good for them

We did get a lot of kids last night though so my wife handed out the candy she prepared for Thursday (I would not have been so charitable). There were about 50 Thursday night and 150 last night before the bags ran out.

Our city flat out stated that as it was not a government holiday, they had no say in the matter. Good for themWe did get a lot of kids last night though so my wife handed out the candy she prepared for Thursday (I would not have been so charitable). There were about 50 Thursday night and 150 last night before the bags ran out.

Of course it isn't a gov holiday, but it makes sense for a community leader to make that decision for the sake of safety and continuity. It's not like its legally binding. There was a kid killed on Halloween night due to weather.
Guest Lester Weevils

Food stamps should be abolished and you get a voucher to get a block of cheese, flour, powdered milk, water, and beans from your health and human services establishment. And call all these programs what they are Handouts not entitlements. Also have you noticed how they have started calling Obamacare affordable health care on the news now. He is trying to separate himself from it.

I like the sentiment, and long ago it used to be run thataway.

But realistically, neglecting the question of how much food the gov should provide, and to whom-- About the only thing the government is good at, is handing out money. Handing out money and letting private enterprise handle the delivery of the food is lots cheaper than the government hiring its own folks to handle the delivery of the food. The government would be paying premium wages to civil servants so that they can deliver crappy food in a slap-dash inconsistent manner, and the government would be paying top dollar to its political contributors to buy the crappy food, and the government would be paying top dollar to all its political contributors to buy warehouses, semi's, forklifts, etc.

Edited by Lester Weevils

The government would be paying premium wages to civil servants so that they can deliver crappy food in a slap-dash inconsistent manner, and the government would be paying top dollar to its political contributors to buy the crappy food, and the government would be paying top dollar to all its political contributors to buy warehouses, semi's, forklifts, etc.

Sounds like a lot of opportunity to put those on welfare, to work.
Unfortunately, government money -> private enterprise is usually subject to most of the same perverse incentives as government money -> government workers. Only now you have a way for those writing the checks to disclaim responsibility.

Of course it isn't a gov holiday, but it makes sense for a community leader to make that decision for the sake of safety and continuity. It's not like its legally binding. There was a kid killed on Halloween night due to weather.

And yet they didn't and the world didn't end.

As to the kid, there must be more to that story. T/T is typically done by 8pm around here. Edited by tnguy
Guest ThePunisher

the day is over and I have yet to read or see news on riots. Seems you are wrong this ONE time.

Never made a prediction about the sky falling, or even Anything about Riots happening, I just noted that the day wasn't over yet. Glad the sky didn't fall on you. We wouldn't want you to have another blue day. Edited by ThePunisher
Guest copperhead_1911

Quite a lot of Democrat votes have been from people who haven't drawn breath for a while.

Hell man. I have not missed that. That had gone on for some time. Good point. they would still vote, but the dead can only vote in major cities like Chicago.

And yet they didn't and the world didn't end.As to the kid, there must be more to that story. T/T is typically done by 8pm around here.

It was storming hard before then. Tree limb got knocked down, took out powerlineand electrocuted child. It was very windy with tornado warnings. We usually spend those times in the basement, not walking around the neighborhood looking for candy. Trick or treating in the middle of a thunderstorm is just effing stupid, especially if its just because people have some false sense of bravado where they need to prove they are so tough they can walk around in the rain. That is just stupid.

Never made a prediction about the sky falling, or even Anything about Riots happening, I just noted that the day wasn't over yet. Glad the sky didn't fall on you. We wouldn't want you to have another blue day.

not sure what "blue day" means.   Day is not over?   What else would that mean other than you were still hopeful something bad would happen.

you are like a record that has  a bad skip in it.

Guest ThePunisher

not sure what "blue day" means. Day is not over? What else would that mean other than you were still hopeful something bad would happen.

you are like a record that has a bad skip in it.

Overall this thread has been mostly about fun tongue in cheek predictions until you had to have your Mike Vanderjagt iiquored up moment, but you still don't get it. You might want to start back to the beginning and read throughout this thread.
I remember about a year ago that you attacked me for my opinions. I don't recollect ever attacking you for your opinions, or even responding to your posts until you attacked me. You might not like what I post, but you need to get over it. I might not like your what you post, but I have shown you respect in not attacking you and acting juvenile. Getting liquored up and getting on the Internet must really help you overcome your insecurities. You might want to seek help. Edited by ThePunisher