Nov 1st rumors

Spiffy

The day the Department of Homeland Security announces an order of 5 billion .22lr ammo to create a permanent shortage for those evil gun owners.

Bah. Obama can sell more than that with one speech. Why waste EBT money on ammo when you can just scare the peoples into buying it?

• Like 1

:hijack:

I don't think this thread can actually be hijacked... :cool:

We'll be OK Spiffy ...I think... I'm waiting on a Rep from the NSA to post so I can be reassured... :ugh:

But...I'd like to join the old fart's thread since I am imminently qualified. :pleased:

• Like 2

Bah. Obama can sell more than that with one speech. Why waste EBT money on ammo when you can just scare the peoples into buying it?

Can you imagine what would happen if the Big O made a speech and announced he was asking congress to work up a bill banning the further purchase of .22 ammo?

Can you imagine what would happen if the Big O made a speech and announced he was asking congress to work up a bill banning the further purchase of .22 ammo?

I would become an instant millionaire and some of you would be worth more than Bill Gates.

After a little time to think about it, on Nov. 1, it is my belief that adults shall cease in referring to people they know as "BFF." (like the op did)

She is my best friend! I can't help it no one likes you enough to give you a cute name lol

Guest copperhead_1911

Yeah the reduction of the SNAP benefits is all I could find...

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=3899

Which is funny. They don't know about common things, like what the speed limit is on a street they drive everyday, but rest assured they will know about this.

Thats what i heard. It is not that much for most families, but you know there are "people" who think they are entitled to everything

Guest TankerHC

I had to look this up to see what the facts were. on October 1st (Beginning of Fiscal 2014), 3.8 million people are no longer eligible for SNAP.

1.7 million are unemployed childless adults.

Expanded Categorically Eligibility is no longer in effect. 2.1 million removed from SNAP

850,000 households will lose an average of $90 per month.

The average across the board cut for everyone on SNAP will be $36, a high of $39 and a low of $1 per month.

Have a relative in Texas, was receiving for a family of 5, $796, will now receive $86. Person is capable of working.

This will all be blamed on the Republican party. But it is actually the Dems all or nothing no negotiating stance.

As I recall, the proposed Farm Bill would have budgeted 90-95% for SNAP benefits. (Not a "Farm" Bill at all).

The Dems refused to negotiate, they wanted the 90% or nothing. So the House let the 99 temporary SNAP benefit increase die.

Simple as that. Also as I recall, a lot of Farmers were complaining the Dems were using the Farm Bill to do nothing but support SNAP and this "Farm Bill" wasnt helping them at all.

Guest copperhead_1911

One big problem with snap and things like that is people are not vetted regularly so even when things get better people are often still keeping their benefits. 

I think a work or community service requirement would help. This is pathetic on top of that many of the "people" like those gang banging in Memphis are fed by the system then grow up and victimize the same tax payers who fed them. 

Guest copperhead_1911

I recon Walmart needs to change their policy on employees dealing with shop lifters.

Walmart tried to keep the till running so people could feed their families. It would be one thing if they said "Ok everyone can use $20 or $50". The thing is that in Louisiana i think the max is like $1000 per month. I have no idea why walmart was letting people steal $1,500 or more