What is up with .22lr????

Your pictures actually give enough information to get going.

Now to work out how to add a remote control for the reset :)

Actually kinda excited about it. You should consider selling those if you ever feel like following such a path.

You will notice a graduation in effort.  The rabbit was the first target we built, when it went over, it was hard to get the paddle and face of target back up due to the angle once knocked over.  I started adding the blocks to hold the paddle and target face at 90 degree angle to the base, makes the reset much easier.  I added a couple of drilled holes to the top of those blocks and inserted cut pieces of weed eater line to act as shock absorbers to take out any "bounce".  I did crows and doves and other animal shapes the kids wanted to build.  Oldest ones are 5 years old, and they get a new coat of paint from time to time, but they have lived through 4 grandkids and are still very functional.

A talk with my WALMART guy and a local gun dealer has presented a secondary effect of the .22LR hoarding. They are overstocked on .22 rifles now, just can't sell them. Before the madness set in they couldn't keep them in stock, sold as fast as they came in!

I shoot my .177 pellet rifle more than I've shot any of my rifles/handguns this year. I live in the city limits, so a pellet gun is legal and my neighbors don't seem to mind.  Break barrel Gamo air rifle with built in suppressor.

I've dialed in the scope and think I'm doing pretty well on target shooting. I found some reactive targets at WM for under $20. Some spinners and some targets you can challengeyour friends on.

Now, I need to get more pellets sometime. But i have enought to last me a while.

I have plenty of .22lr for whenever i decide to go hunting again. But you can kill a squirrel with a BB gun/Pellet gun. Just i guess everyone likes to hear the crack of a .22 

Just picked up the Beaman Kodiak last night and took it out the backyard to do some sighting in. Fun. One word for anyone not familiar with air rifles though, "dieseling". Had two cracks so loud I thought I was going to be experiencing lights & sirens. It settled down after that though.

I shoot my .177 pellet rifle more than I've shot any of my rifles/handguns this year. I live in the city limits, so a pellet gun is legal and my neighbors don't seem to mind.  Break barrel Gamo air rifle with built in suppressor.

I've dialed in the scope and think I'm doing pretty well on target shooting. I found some reactive targets at WM for under $20. Some spinners and some targets you can challengeyour friends on.

Now, I need to get more pellets sometime. But i have enought to last me a while.

I have plenty of .22lr for whenever i decide to go hunting again. But you can kill a squirrel with a BB gun/Pellet gun. Just i guess everyone likes to hear the crack of a .22 

Are the newer models any better on the trigger pull? I've had an old Gammo NRA model for several years and found the trigger to be so hard that it is darn near impossible to be accurate with it.

And how do you like the suppressor models? Been thinking of buying one of them.

I like mine so far. If you use regular pellets with it, the suppressor does it's job. But the PBA ammo still will sound like a .22 even with the suppressor.

Trigger pull is not hard, but not easy enough where you can't feel it. Safety though is you press a lever( at the trigger) forward then the rifle is armed.

The PBA "ammo" is very light indeed and will go supersonic with the smaller calibers.

Only getting about 650 FPS here with a 25 grain .25 caliber pellet. I get around 30 Ft/Lbs of energy to whatever I hit. Rabbits and things smaller, don`t do well with that. Hate that for `em. :)

I think the .22LR delivered energy is 120 Ft/Lbs but I can`t shoot that in my backyard. It`s too noisy and the distance that it can go is MUCH further than my pellet rifle can achieve.

I have found that the air rifle that I am using, is as accurate as the .22 I had, out to 25 yards or so. Again, convenience is nice as are the happy neighbors as well. Edited by TN Volunteer