New favorite Bourbon

DaveS

I'll give Devil's Cut a try. I'm a Beam fan anyway. Booker's is still my go to if I'm not trying to save money for weird caliber AR's :)

I know you are a bookers fan like me but you have to try the Elijah Craig barrel proof. The bottle I got was 136 proof. It did not last long.

I have a bottle of devils cut in the fridge right now, its pretty good strait, but i really like it mixed with cream soda. 

Now that sounds good. I will try that today. I got to go out and try to find some 7mm/08 ammo and will get some cream soda. I found plenty of .22 ammo yesterday afternoon, but no 7mm/08. Will be back on the hunt today for some.

DaveS

the Van Winkle line of bourbons hit the shelves yesterday afternoon or today depending on your retailer.

for your guidance here are some shelf prices.  ymmv

Pappy 23 year old, 313.99

Pappy 20 year old, 159.99

Pappy 15 year old, 98.99

Rip 10 year old 49.99

Rip 12 year old 68.99

if you are paying much more than this you might want to reassess your relationship with your liquor store,  some stores will blatantly rip you off on it if given a chance. 

Good Luck!

I'll have to look for the VW line.

I just picked up a bottle of the JD Sinatra tonight. Haven't opened it and won't until something special comes up. Also got some of the Prichard's double chocolate and will open in a few minutes (have never had this).

Also found some JD Winterjack. Hadn't heard/seen this before but supposed to be cider-ish. Anyone tried it before?

I just picked up a bottle of the JD Sinatra tonight. Haven't opened it and won't until something special comes up. Also got some of the Prichard's double chocolate and will open in a few minutes (have never had this). 

Also found some JD Winterjack. Hadn't heard/seen this before but supposed to be cider-ish. Anyone tried it before?

What did you pay for the Sinatra?

never tried Winterjack but we sell a lot of it.  I think it is way overpriced for the alcohol content.  Bottom line is it says Jack Daniel's on it so people buy it.

Edited by Mike.357

What did you pay for the Sinatra?

never tried Winterjack but we sell a lot of it. I think it is way overpriced for the alcohol content. Bottom line is it says Jack Daniel's on it so people buy it.

The Sinatra was priced at $149.99.
I had essentially a "we pay tax coupon" so actually paid $149.99 for it. Hopefully that wasn't a rip off?
Tried some of the Devils Cut last night. Not as good as JD single barrel, but a hell of a lot cheaper. Not bad. I'm not a huge fan of JB; it just doesn't finish well. This stuff kinda finishes the same but has good flavor and is pretty smooth enough.

Tried some of the Devils Cut last night. Not as good as JD single barrel, but a hell of a lot cheaper. Not bad. I'm not a huge fan of JB; it just doesn't finish well. This stuff kinda finishes the same but has good flavor and is pretty smooth enough.

Finish? I don't ever remember the finish :)

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I finally got around to picking up a bottle of Devils Cut. I figured while my brain and fingers were still sorta communicating with each other I would say it goes down pretty easy. Not bad at all for the price. I probably won't care if it tasted like rotgut in another 30 minutes though.