Kriss Vector .45acp Carbine

itw69fxst

I have been eye balling this beastie for awhile now - But since I am unable to purchase anything without getting all the available info on something....I pose this question to ya'll.

Has anyone owned one of these?

Are they as amazing as they seem?

Do they hold up and cycle any ammo thrown into it?

How is the durability?

Can they handle "hot" loads?

I would appreciate any helpful intel presented on this tasty little gem.

Gracias (that is spanish for ...uhm........arigato)

• Like 1

A buddy has one that we shoot all the time. When he first got it he had all kinds of problems with ammo brand. He went back and forth with the Co. for a while about ammo. Last time I shot it it didn't have any issues so the issues must have been worked out or he is still using the same ammo that worked. 

[URL=http://s587.photobucket.com/user/ren1795/media/20130405_145023_resized_zps985c9f3b.jpg.html]20130405_145023_resized_zps985c9f3b.jpg[/URL]

And yes. it is silenced. Also, I'm getting old. LOL

Lp

• Like 2

I don't own one but a buddy does and i've probably put close to 400 rounds through it and have never seen it have any issues. I put about 100-150 rounds of my cast bullet handloads through it and it did just fine with those. The rest was factory ammo that he had and I know once it was Federal and another he had some PMC but the rest i'm not sure about. It has been a blast to shoot each time I've had the opportunity to run it. It is capable of running many times faster than anyone's finger I've ever seen and does so like a sewing machine. Recoil is almost non existent and it pretty well stays pointing at whatever you want it to be pointing at. I'd sure like to have one but i've got a few other things ahead of it and since I can pretty well shoot one whenever I want, it makes the wait much easier. I've not heard of feeding issues with them but I've also only been around two different ones and only one of them for very many rounds but as for my experience, I don't think you would be disappointed.

• Like 2

At the range a couple months ago, an older fella was having a time with his Kriss Vector 45.  Not from misfeeds or such but he'd swapped the red dot out and was having issues with bringing it in to the x-ring.  First time i'd been around the futuristic Lego looking thing and he was quite the gentleman to offer me a round of fire with it.  Well YEA, I jumped on that opportunity and cheeked up for a fairly fun ride.  No where near the recoil I expected.  The fit was a bit off with me being a pretty big fella but it was comfortable enuff.  Downside for me was the groups.  I'm not being the best shot around but can hold above average placement.  Well, my 1911 groups were better than I could manage with that Kriss.  Granted, could have been the ammo, my first time out or any number of things.  Regardless of how bad I really been wanting a 45 carbine, I did not walk away needing to go find a Kriss of my own.  A nice Marlin Camp 45 is still my main objective which is a fraction of what the Vector draws. 

:2cents:  :shrug:

• Like 1

At the range a couple months ago, an older fella was having a time with his Kriss Vector 45.  Not from misfeeds or such but he'd swapped the red dot out and was having issues with bringing it in to the x-ring.  First time i'd been around the futuristic Lego looking thing and he was quite the gentleman to offer me a round of fire with it.  Well YEA, I jumped on that opportunity and cheeked up for a fairly fun ride.  No where near the recoil I expected.  The fit was a bit off with me being a pretty big fella but it was comfortable enuff.  Downside for me was the groups.  I'm not being the best shot around but can hold above average placement.  Well, my 1911 groups were better than I could manage with that Kriss.  Granted, could have been the ammo, my first time out or any number of things.  Regardless of how bad I really been wanting a 45 carbine, I did not walk away needing to go find a Kriss of my own.  A nice Marlin Camp 45 is still my main objective which is a fraction of what the Vector draws. 

What range did you meet this fellow at? His name wasn't James was it?

I am partial to the keltec sub 2000 with glock mags. Accurate, some customizability, lots of different magazine sizes available, and fits nicely in a backpack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Not available in .45 and its like comparing a Kia to a Ferrari, when you compare a KelTec to a Kriss.
  • Like 3

I am partial to the keltec sub 2000 with glock mags. Accurate, some customizability, lots of different magazine sizes available, and fits nicely in a backpack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

A Sub 2000 is a budget minded fold up backpack gun and is great for that. The Kriss is a cutting edge, next wave kinda firearm and really isn't any comparison. I've handled them both and they are both great firearms but each have their own purposes.

I was at an indoor range in Atlanta where they had a rental full auto KRISS SBR. The rate of fire on that thing was insane. It looked like a flammethrower. It did seem like it would get very expensive to shoot full mags of .45 every couple seconds. IMO full auto SBR is where this gun really shines, if I could I would have one of those. But, with a full length barrell it seems rather awkward, and when shot in semi auto, I would think there are other guns out there that can do the job just as well.

• Like 1

A nice Marlin Camp 45 is still my main objective which is a fraction of what the Vector draws. 

Pity you missed my Camp .45 I had for sale on here. It was perfect. It's gone now. 

[URL=http://s587.photobucket.com/user/ren1795/media/m45_02_zpsecf445d5.jpg.html]m45_02_zpsecf445d5.jpg[/URL]

Lp

• Like 2

Didn't swap names. Just excited about the new toy, I guess.

I was just curious because my friend that has one lets anyone that talks to him about it run a mag or so through it. He just likes seeing the smile on their faces. I thought there was a chance it could have been him. Edited by Luke E.

I've put over 200 rounds through a buddy's Kriss. Not a single malfunction and the recoil reduction is crazy. Probably about half the recoil of my uncle's Hipoint 9mm carbine. I wouldn't hesitate to trust my life to this weapon. I can't say the same for the Hipoint and I've never shot a Keltec.

The only issue I have with it is the trigger is heavy. I can still put a hammer pair to the head from about 25 yards.

• Like 1

I'm don't think I'd trust my life to a Kriss. I do like .45 ACP as a cartridge and I'm not so sure Mr. Browning didn't get it right the first time.

Lots of moving parts in that Kriss.

Thompson sub guns don't kick or move around much either. 

Small and light, yes. So, is a Colt .45 ACP pistol and I can stick a can on it just like the Kriss.

IMHO there isn't really going to be a new gun gun type come out until someone comes up with a new type of ammo.

Lp

I'm don't think I'd trust my life to a Kriss. I do like .45 ACP as a cartridge and I'm not so sure Mr. Browning didn't get it right the first time.
Lots of moving parts in that Kriss.

Thompson sub guns don't kick or move around much either.

Small and light, yes. So, is a Colt .45 ACP pistol and I can stick a can on it just like the Kriss.

IMHO there isn't really going to be a new gun gun type come out until someone comes up with a new type of ammo.

Lp

I'm not sure one buys a Kriss to replace a pistol. I personally would buy one because I wanted a pistol caliber carbine and a Kriss is top tier when it comes to that. You are correct about the number of parts but they are assembled in a fairly reliable manner IMO. From my experience with one, I wouldn't have a problem having one that had been broken in, leaning in the corner by my bed but I would likely look elsewhere if I were over in the sandbox being shot at.

Luke,

I believe you're right. We have let this discussion on, "Would this be a fun pop-gun to own" degenerate into a "would I trust my life on this fun shooter". My bad for input 

to that effect. I will say while I wouldn't own one for personal defense I also wouldn't own one because I have this tendency to look at some cool gun for 6 months, agonize

over it for a while then buy it. Once I get it and shoot it enough to kinda get it out of my system I end up asking myself, "ok, it's cool but now what do I do with it?"

I'm trying to get away from doing that and I'm really trying to get my retirement armory together so I don't have to spend money or sell guns to have my stable in good order.

However, collector mileage varies by person so if yer young, got money in yer pocket then whats wrong with getting something cool....?

Lp

Luke,

I believe you're right. We have let this discussion on, "Would this be a fun pop-gun to own" degenerate into a "would I trust my life on this fun shooter". My bad for input
to that effect. I will say while I wouldn't own one for personal defense I also wouldn't own one because I have this tendency to look at some cool gun for 6 months, agonize
over it for a while then buy it. Once I get it and shoot it enough to kinda get it out of my system I end up asking myself, "ok, it's cool but now what do I do with it?"

I'm trying to get away from doing that and I'm really trying to get my retirement armory together so I don't have to spend money or sell guns to have my stable in good order.

However, collector mileage varies by person so if yer young, got money in yer pocket then whats wrong with getting something cool....?

Lp

Not a thing wrong with either side and I apologize if I came of abrupt, I didn't mean it that way. As a matter of fact I'm not working on a "retirement" armory per say I decided as I started getting deeper into hobby and defense shooting as well as reloading that I would concentrate on a few general areas, CQB and long range rifles and pistols. Within that I only buy rifles and pistols in calibers that I can load ammo cheaply for and find supplies for it easily. I've got about 3 more guns to buy or build that fit in what I consider my SHTF necessity list. After that I I will let myself start consider "for the fun of it" guns. It hellps that I've got a friend that owns a Kriss, Tavor etc. that I can go grab whenever I want.