Daniel Defense Super Bowl ad banned by NFL

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

“Unfortunately, we cannot accept your commercial in football/Super Bowl spots due to the rules the NFL itself has set into place for your company’s category.”

NFL rule "5. Firearms, ammunition or other weapons are prohibited; however, stores that sell firearms and ammunitions (e.g., outdoor stores and camping stores) will be permitted, provided they sell other products and the ads do not mention firearms, ammunition or other weapons.”

Read more: http://www.gunsandammo.com/2013/11/27/nfl-bans-super-bowl-gun-commercial/#ixzz2m5t3vMtw

http://bearingarms.com/video-the-offensive-daniel-defense-super-bowl-ad-banned-by-the-nfl/

Edited by TankerHC

We should boycott the NFL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Id have to start watching first. Not a fan of football anyways, much less paying a man wearing a helmet defending a ball millions, while paying a man wearing a helmet defending this country middle class pay at best.

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

• Like 8

Due to the WE 11 problems, I can't post a direct copy or screen shot, but I will try this copy paste of the information.  Here are some demographics for the NFL from this source http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2010/06/Issue-185/The-Back-Of-The-Book/Fan-Demographics-Among-Major-North-American-Sports-Leagues.aspx

I thought older fat white guys made up most of the gun nut demographics, I see some cross-over and leverage don't you:

NFL Demographics (2010):

Women   39.8%

Age 35-49   28.9%
Age 50+    39.2%

RACE/ETHNICITY
White   77.6%
Black/African-American   16.4%
Other   6.0%
Spanish/Hispanic origin   13.9%

HOUSEHOLD INCOME
<$25K   11.5%
$25-35K   11.4%
$35-50K   18.2%
$50-75K   17.7%

TIME SPENT ON INTERNET PER WEEK
<1 hour   4.8%
1-4 hours   22.1%
5-9 hours   19.7%
10-19 hours   14.3%
 20+ hours   13.1%

INTERNET USE PAST 30 DAYS
Cable TV network site   6.6%
Download/listen to audio clips   10.4%
Download/watch TV programs   9.8%
Download/watch/listen to podcasts   4.3%
Fantasy sports   5.9%
Listen to radio   11.8%
 Sports scores/updates   28.6%

You know most all sports and TV companies have that same rule. So if you stop watching football for that reason you should probably stop wastching TV all together, You can see guns on Tv all day long but you can not advertise it, I think that rule maybe from the networks and the NFL just is putting that rule in to avoid an issue. The NFL is all about money, the ratings fror the superbowl is already through the roof so I doubt they are afraid of hurting someones feelings.

The overpaid brats league is very politically correct. The sports announcers are very liberal. One even crossed over into

political shenanigan reporting on MSNBC until he was run off. The owners are very liberal. Have you not noticed? Plenty of

victimhood to go around in the NFL. You don't have to look too deep. It is becoming a game run by a bunch of lawyers and

less about the sport.

Just one ad and the surprise? It's been going on for years.

Edited by 6.8 AR
Bunch o crap. Maybe cause they don't want players doing gun endorsements. It looks better to promote drinking,dog fighting,and beating women in strip clubs.... Gotta love the NFL id rather watch high school football where there's live of sport and values not cash...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

Watch NASCAR. They have a few cars wearing NRA logos and Oath Keepers have a car sponsored in the Nationwide Series own by Richard Petty and driven by his grandson..............jmho

I would imagine that the NFL does not want to advertise anything gun related because of the murders that have taken place either by players or of players. There is one coming up for trial soon, Pacman Jones has been charged a couple times in gun related problems and Steve McNair was killed by girlfriend with one and I am sure there have been others..............jmho

I think what kills me about professional sports is there are no real professionals playing sports.  These so called professionals can't speak English even though they are born in this country.   These same so called professionals seem to have trouble keeping their junky asses out of jail.  I've had zero trouble, as an adult, seeing the difference between right and wrong.  There is never any real sanctions for the trouble these guys get in.  The owners don't care if these guys kill kittens as long as the "professional" brings an income to the team on game day.  Cities pay millions and millions of MY money to build stadiums that are used a few dozen times of the year and employ a few dozen employees for a few months out of the year while the same cities discourage a big company from coming in and employing hundreds of employees for the entire year.  But why would a city leader want to sit in a skybox at Acme Tool Works.     

But that is one mans opinion.

Edited by TerryW
  • Like 1
Not surprised at all. Don't advertise guns or tobacco, but every other commercial is for alcohol (which probably leads to more deaths than the others). It's whatever fits the liberal agenda.