the tgo receiver build thread

reed1285

[quote name="Lumber_Jack" post="1090631" timestamp="1389060397"]Very nice mike. Shootin tics at a grand. What's the blue under the handgaurd?Sent from my iPad using Voodoo magic[/quote] I do believe it's a heat sink. Very, very nice

I'm not very versed on long range equipment, what's the benefit? Sent from my iPad using Voodoo magic

None that I know of for long range. JP's roots are in 3 gun. I can see where it helps if you're pushing lots of lead. Drawing heat away from the throat is good for barrel life. It was just a 75.00 add, so I did it. Looks pretty cool too.

BTW... the Grendel is still supersonic at 1000, but isn't the best caliber for it unless you're shooting longer barrels. It rocks at 800

Edited by mikegideon
[quote name="mikegideon" post="1090639" timestamp="1389060847"]None that I know of for long range. JP's roots are in 3 gun. I can see where it helps if you're pushing lots of lead. Drawing heat away from the throat is good for barrel life. It was just a 75.00 add, so I did it. Looks pretty cool too.[/quote] I see, I was struggling to figure out how it helps with bench rest stuff. Makes sense. I didn't realize it was a handgaurd addition either. Sent from my iPad using Voodoo magic
[quote name="mikegideon" post="1090635" timestamp="1389060632"]Yep. Heat sink. Weird barrel profile. I'm anxious to see how it shoots against the Shilen.[/quote] I'm glad you used one first, I've been eyeballing them for a rifle build and I may have to consult with you on how much it adds to the barrel o.d. in relation to what handguard I can run
[quote name="mikegideon" post="1090664" timestamp="1389063658"]Here ya go. The JP handguard is only 2"... [url="http://www.jprifles.com/instructions/JP%20THERMAL%20DISSIPATORS.pdf"]http://www.jprifles.com/instructions/JP%20THERMAL%20DISSIPATORS.pdf[/url][/quote] Thank ya sir. My wife may kill me but you may have just given me the push I needed to build an actual rifle. It's a new year, right!?

Thank ya sir. My wife may kill me but you may have just given me the push I needed to build an actual rifle. It's a new year, right!?

The JP stuff is real high quality AND expensive. I think it's worth it, but the barrel by itself was 100 bucks more than the Shilen match barrel. 

[quote name="mikegideon" post="1090671" timestamp="1389064359"]The JP stuff is real high quality AND expensive. I think it's worth it, but the barrel by itself was 100 bucks more than the Shilen match barrel. [/quote] Sadly, mine won't be nearly that nice/expensive. I've been looking at RRA stainless barrels. Not near the quality or precision, but it'll suit my needs for that particular build. I don't see myself shooting it as much as my carbines. Edited by KKing

Sadly, mine won't be nearly that nice/expensive. I've been looking at RRA stainless barrels. Not near the quality or precision, but it'll suit my needs for that particular build. I don't see myself shooting it as much as my carbines.

What caliber? The Grendel is the only thing I've used match grade barrels on.

[quote name="mikegideon" post="1090687" timestamp="1389066190"]What caliber? The Grendel is the only thing I've used match grade barrels on.[/quote] Sorry I should have said that, I also kinda forgot that one was a Grendel. Mine will just be .223 Wylde, more like a varmint gun I suppose Edited by KKing
Hello, Greg

Thank you for your order from Geissele Automatics.

Item Sku Qty Super Semi-Automatic Enhanced (SSA-E) Trigger 05-160 1 FREE - Geissele Swag Pack 09-999 1 Shipped By Tracking Number UPS Ground

:x:

Edited by gregintenn