OC experiment by news station

I saw this on another forum and felt like it's a pretty unbiased experiment. Of course the police chief's comments don't surprise me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yA2MavZeLw

This pretty much confirms what many of us have said over and over. The vast majority of Americans either don't notice, or don't care if someone is carrying a gun. Some even said they felt safer.

Hmmm. what happened to the link to upload youtube videos?

Edited by Erik88

For the LEO to say "There are to many guns" scares me a bit.

Why would he make say that, why is he worried about a legal carry?

We that are legal to carry are not the ones he has to worry about.

He seemed to contradict himself a few times.  :shrug:

I'd love to see them do that again with a couple of scruffier looking people. I doubt the reaction would be as calm. I love that of the 8 people they spoke to, 6 had carry permits. I'd call that a reasonable percentage. :pleased:

Overall I think it was a good thing.

I don't agree with the comment about to many guns.

I will say though I would not argue with the comment about open carry being legal without a permit.  Guess I am a little two sided on that one.

Sucks cause we have to pay and give our info etc... to be able to carry. 

However at the same time their are some people that should not be allowed to, just like some people should not drive.  All in all, doesn't bother me to much. 

Take away the officers 'special' carry rights and make them carry under open carry laws...  see how fast they want those laws expanded.

For the LEO to say "There are to many guns" scares me a bit.

Why would he make say that, why is he worried about a legal carry?

We that are legal to carry are not the ones he has to worry about.

Interesting

I don't think I could own "to many guns" just as some of you. But in a way I have to agree that there is too many guns on the streets......its those that do not and never intend to carry legally. Working at the Sheriffs Dept I see way to many people high on crack or drunk out of their mind that are carrying. No way to control that factor, that's why I always carry

• Like 1
Guest carter

I laugh at some people OC'ing... i mentioned this before a while ago...but i was at walmart one night, and say a group of 3 guys in the sporting goods section checking out the nonexistent ammo... this guy had sweat pants on and some sort of nylon belt and a cheap nylon holster with a side snap... needless to say i did not want this goober backing me up nor protecting me... his pistol was flopping all around on his side... a true Barney Fife.  :koolaid: he thought he was cool though i'm sure  :puke:

Any gun i carry i purchase a quality holster and belt and wear it properly. I like having my attire nice and neat and tight...nothing flopping around.  :hat:

Guest TheButterSponge

The Sheriff said, "People get a lot of courage while wearing a gun." I don't see it. I have liberal friends that make the same statements too. I guess being around guns my whole life the courage is lost on me. If anything it's a major responsibility when you strap that piece on and one that is not taken lightly by me or the people I know that carry. He thinks there are too many guns out there? The Supreme Court has ruled that LE has no Constitutional duty to protect. That means my protection is my personal responsibility and I choose a shotgun 1st and a pistol 2nd. The lady that didn't like the open carry that they interview seem to be lead a stray a tad. Not just anyone can legally carry a gun in their state. You have to be of age. You have to pass a background check to purchase the weapon. Felons can't carry or even be near weapons so not everyone can just carry. I think with some additional information and she would have been okay with it. 

Guest TheButterSponge

I laugh at some people OC'ing... i mentioned this before a while ago...but i was at walmart one night, and say a group of 3 guys in the sporting goods section checking out the nonexistent ammo... this guy had sweat pants on and some sort of nylon belt and a cheap nylon holster with a side snap... needless to say i did not want this goober backing me up nor protecting me... his pistol was flopping all around on his side... a true Barney Fife.  :koolaid: he thought he was cool though i'm sure  :puke:

Any gun i carry i purchase a quality holster and belt and wear it properly. I like having my attire nice and neat and tight...nothing flopping around.  :hat:

Having tight clothes on and carry IWB is like OCing because people can easily see that you have a pistol on your side. This Is Jamie BTW. That's how I know about your tight trendy clothes and your giant gun bulge on your right hip. :wave:

Guest Lowbuster
I saw a man with a hole for the barrel of his pistol in his back pocket. If you can't afford a $50 dollar holster, don't buy a $1,000 pistol

Just saying

The Sheriff said, "People get a lot of courage while wearing a gun." I don't see it. I have liberal friends that make the same statements too. I guess being around guns my whole life the courage is lost on me. If anything it's a major responsibility when you strap that piece on and one that is not taken lightly by me or the people I know that carry. He thinks there are too many guns out there? The Supreme Court has ruled that LE has no Constitutional duty to protect. That means my protection is my personal responsibility and I choose a shotgun 1st and a pistol 2nd. The lady that didn't like the open carry that they interview seem to be lead a stray a tad. Not just anyone can legally carry a gun in their state. You have to be of age. You have to pass a background check to purchase the weapon. Felons can't carry or even be near weapons so not everyone can just carry. I think with some additional information and she would have been okay with it. 

Police chiefs are politicians first and cops second(or third or fourth). Ten years with the local PD here taught me that in spades.....