Help me decide where to move...

Also looking for comments as to Mt Juliet and Lebanon as well as down in Tullahoma too? Yeah I know we just got to get down there and start driving around but until them all I got is y'all for a sounding board. As a note the main reason I'm naming these towns is that I'm finding suitable rental homes which we will be doing hopefully for no longer than a year as I want to sell my MI home first.

I've spent a bit of time in all three of those places, but not lived in any of them. 

Mt. Juliet is just a suburb of the greater Nashville area.  Until you live there a while, you won't know where Mt. Juliet begins/ends and where the next community on the list begins/ends.  That said, it's a nice enough place.  Too busy for my taste, but all the amenities of the big city are nearby if you want them.

Lebanon has a smaller town feel.  Its close enough to Nashville to be somewhat convienent, but far enough out that it's not quite so busy.  It's grown a lot over the years but still seems to have that small town vibe.  One of my good friends lives near Lebanon and several other good friends grew up there. 

Tullahoma basically exists because of AEDC.  If the base wasn't there, Tullahoma would still be a cross roads.  Nice enough little town.  Kinda in the middle of nowhere, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well my Tennessee friends it is looking like we will be moving down at the end of April.... We have chosen a lake view home in Sharps Chapel right next to Chuck Swan Wildlife Reserve...... Yep shooting range right next door...

Well my Tennessee friends it is looking like we will be moving down at the end of April.... We have chosen a lake view home in Sharps Chapel right next to Chuck Swan Wildlife Reserve...... Yep shooting range right next door...

Congrats!  Sounds like a great location. 

Welcome to Tennessee!

[quote name="teecro" post="1120447" timestamp="1394027211"]Also looking for comments as to Mt Juliet and Lebanon as well as down in Tullahoma too? Yeah I know we just got to get down there and start driving around but until them all I got is y'all for a sounding board. As a note the main reason I'm naming these towns is that I'm finding suitable rental homes which we will be doing hopefully for no longer than a year as I want to sell my MI home first.[/quote] I love wilson county - been here 15 years - spent 8 years in Chattanooga and loved it too. Middle and East TN are slices of heaven. We're in process of building so if you decide i check out middle TN at some point, we could have a house for rent/sale at some point ! :)