22 in stock

Looking at ammoseek.com over the past month, 22LR prices seem to be going up and up. It used to be that .10 per round was pretty much a hoser's price. Now it's bumping up to .12 - .15 per round. I guess we're not out of the woods, yet.

2nd wave of folks who 6 months ago were sneering at the prices because they thought they had enough to weather the storm.

- OS

I called Natchez a couple months ago when I found TN was missing from ship-to state list. In TN, GA and AL, they are wholesale only w/o retail capability. That bites.  Also, just ordered 2,000 rnds of Winchester M-22 22LR from Midway. Laughing - they were $0.05 per round but estimated ship date in somewhere way out there. This makes my 6th back order with Midway. Reasonable prices, but little hope of delivery while I am still young enough to raise my rifle.

$0.10 per round is not the new normal nor is it the current actual price of bulk ammo at the big box stores. So, no I do not think prices will stay elevated at the smaller stores and local gun shops over the long term. The question is how long will it be before the prices get back to normal and readily available. I think if there are enough changes in the political party in power this fall, things may be much better by this time next year. There are even a few signs that things are getting better now...green shoots like Walmart's apparent change in stocking policies.
Hope you are right I have thought things would be back to normal but it has been over a year and readily avalible 22 is as high or higher in a lot of cases. When Walmart gets them they are gone in less than a hour every time. I love to shoot my 22 rifles and pistols ran through about 200rds today and am getting to the point where it is time to stop shooting or pay the high prices to replace them. Last ones I got at Walmart were 100 count boxes of CCI shorts all they had and they were $9 so close to .10 a round for shorts there. guess time will tell.

Jason
The price for CCI specialized ammo has always been on the high end price wise. The price you paid for CCI .22 shorts hasn't changed much from the fall of 2012. I know I used to pay close to $8 per 100 for CCI .22 LR in 2012 at Walmart unless it was on sale.

Read this on another site so take it with a grain of salt. A guy living in Nebraska heard that a Cabela's gun clerk asked a Hornady manager that was there about the .22 shortage vs. new guy buyers and the Hornady guy said they expected 2 years before it got back to normal.

I think it will go back to normal when people buy normal quantities. I'm as guilty as the next.... I've bought more .22 this year than ever.... If people bought it in normal quantities starting tomorrow, it would instantly go back to normal.... Unless more plants open... It could be 2 years. Nobody knows.
  • Admin Team

I will never do business with them after they gouged the people no matter how good the deal. I think it is actually good and funny that they had a lot of stuff stolen from them... they see what it's like to be stolen from.

Stealing is never funny. The Outpost has been a sponsor of this site as long as they've been open. Both corporately and as a family, they do a ton to support the shooting community. They've got a lot of nice stuff in there, and while they may not beat Bud's and the other big internet players all day everyday, I'd be willing to bet Chris won't willingly lose too many sales to them. And, they do it while paying the overhead it takes to let everyone put their grubby hands on stuff they're going to turn around and buy online.

You don't have to shop there, but don't disparage them - especially as they put a pallet of .22lr out at mostly normal prices.

You just can't make some folks happy.
  • Like 6
Guess I chose poorly structured verbiage. Funny as in ironic or strange. I never wish bad on people or companies involved in hobbies I enjoy. I just didn't appreciate how I felt I was treated the few times I went there. I am happy to see they are very reasonable on their ammo prices for the time being.

Guess I chose poorly structured verbiage. Funny as in ironic or strange. I never wish bad on people or companies involved in hobbies I enjoy. I just didn't appreciate how I felt I was treated the few times I went there. I am happy to see they are very reasonable on their ammo prices for the time being.

I think good and funny is pretty cut and dry I don't see any ambiguity there.
  • Like 1
You've never heard somebody say, " it's funny how he shows up late for work after griping at me for being late"... It's not really funny at all, but it's a matter of fact. You guys are just in denial of how they treated people during this last scare. I didn't forget. That's all.