Today's unsurprising news, Battlecomps suck.

Here's an easy way to never be taken by whiz-bang, new-and-improved, tacticool BS.

Go to m4carbine.net.  Hang out a while and read.  Pretty soon you'll find out what "serious operators" use on their "serious operator carbines".  

Studiously avoid the brand-new "battle" devices that all the "operators" are attaching to their Colt 6920s.

Save money.  

• Like 3

Here's an easy way to never be taken by whiz-bang, new-and-improved, tacticool BS.

Go to m4carbine.net.  Hang out a while and read.  Pretty soon you'll find out what "serious operators" use on their "serious operator carbines".  

Studiously avoid the brand-new "battle" devices that all the "operators" are attaching to their Colt 6920s.

Save money.  

Every site has its caveats, limitations, and biases...TGO is the same way. 

Every site has its caveats, limitations, and biases...TGO is the same way. 

Caveats and bias? Any retard can pick up two guns and compare them. Until you've done that, though, you may not be able to give an informed opinion about something. I know exactly what the battlecomp does. I have right at 1000 rounds thru one. It may even be too expensive, but it's not junk. I didn't learn that from some blog boy. I learned it with two virtually identical carbines that I own. That's not bias, it's observation. It's not the only muzzle brake I own either.

• Moderators
[quote name="mikegideon" post="1099025" timestamp="1390359655"]I knew this video was fake...[media] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2jW2vuyHxc [/media][/quote]The claims made in this video are specifically addressed by the article. As far as the one handed FA trick.

The BattleComp exhibits significant downward forces on the muzzle, driving it off target, and inhibiting the shooter’s ability to keep the muzzle directly on target between shots.
Considering the muzzle climb that is a common result of FA fire, this trick is the one point where the Battlecomp will excel. It isn't aimed fire, but a fun little demonstration designed to wow folks. Edited by Chucktshoes
[quote name="mikegideon" post="1099055" timestamp="1390362851"]Caveats and bias? Any retard can pick up two guns and compare them. Until you've done that, though, you may not be able to give an informed opinion about something. I know exactly what the battlecomp does. I have right at 1000 rounds thru one. It may even be too expensive, but it's not junk. I didn't learn that from some blog boy. I learned it with two virtually identical carbines that I own. That's not bias, it's observation. It's not the only muzzle brake I own either.[/quote] I dont think that was directed at you or the compensator. I think it was just a comment that all forums have different biases due to the posters comments about the m4forum being filled with "urban operators". Tgo does have a bias, it is mostly anti-obama and anti - progressive, etc etc. Tapatalk ate my spelling.
  • Like 1

Caveats and bias? Any retard can pick up two guns and compare them. Until you've done that, though, you may not be able to give an informed opinion about something. I know exactly what the battlecomp does. I have right at 1000 rounds thru one. It may even be too expensive, but it's not junk. I didn't learn that from some blog boy. I learned it with two virtually identical carbines that I own. That's not bias, it's observation. It's not the only muzzle brake I own either.

Lol feisty tonight huh?  I don't know why you flared up but I'm actually in agreement with you.  I have a BC on one of my MRP barrels.  I am aware of what it does and can do.  I like it but I generally stick with my SF devices because of my can.

Funny thing about Andrew's review.....if you google his old screen name and read his posts, he was on the BC bandwagon just like everyone else.  I wonder what prompted his abrupt departure?

The claims made in this video are specifically addressed by the article. As far as the one handed FA trick.

Considering the muzzle climb that is a common result of FA fire, this trick is the one point where the Battlecomp will excel. It isn't aimed fire, but a fun little demonstration designed to wow folks.

But, where blog man missed the boat, that's what it's supposed to do. I didn't buy it because the 223 was hurting my shoulder. I bought it to keep the muzzle on target. Didn't buy it as a flash hider either. Just calling BS on the article. You can't compare it to a Ben Cooley brake, because that ain't what it's supposed to be.

Edited by mikegideon

Lol feisty tonight huh?  I don't know why you flared up but I'm actually in agreement with you.  I have a BC on one of my MRP barrels.  I am aware of what it does and can do.  I like it but I generally stick with my SF devices because of my can.

Funny thing about Andrew's review.....if you google his old screen name and read his posts, he was on the BC bandwagon just like everyone else.  I wonder what prompted his abrupt departure?

Not feisty at you. Feisty at these internet dumbasses doing scientific studies when they've never been to math class.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
[quote name="mikegideon" post="1099078" timestamp="1390363992"]But, where blog man missed the boat, that's what it's supposed to do. I didn't buy it because the 223 was hurting my shoulder. I bought it to keep the muzzle on target. Didn't buy it as a flash hider either. Just calling BS are the article. You can't compare it to a Ben Cooley brake, because that ain't what it's supposed to be.[/quote] What blog boy did was address the claims of Battlecomp's maker in their advertising. BCE compared the BC to brakes, BCE compared the flash signature to the A2, etc. The BC most likely operates exactly as it was designed to, the problem is that the makers represent it as doing a whole lot more. That's where this article comes into play.

What blog boy did was address the claims of Battlecomp's maker in their advertising. BCE compared the BC to brakes, BCE compared the flash signature to the A2, etc. The BC most likely operates exactly as it was designed to, the problem is that the makers represent it as doing a whole lot more. That's where this article comes into play.

I can't find any claims on their site. I didn't read the testimonials, because that's not them.

Yeah, and you can shoot one handed full auto with an A2. I'm guessing you haven't shot a Battlecomp, right?

I can not.  I have never even fired an M16 or M4 on auto.  Nor have I used a Battlecomp.  

My comment was not directed at you or the BC.  I apologize for not making that clear.  I was mainly referring to the excessive enthusiasm that some have for the latest and greatest because of who makes or markets it.  I have no doubt that the Battlecomp works well for your purposes.  But I have little interest in muzzle deflection and I do have more interest in flash suppression and less rearward muzzle blast.  According to the video that I saw, the BC will not suit my interests.  That's all.

• Moderators

I can't find any claims on their site. I didn't read the testimonials, because that's not them.

All on this page.

http://battlecomp.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=3

"... improves their rate of accurate fire without the crushing blast and concussion common to most muzzle brakes."

"The BattleComp offers muzzle control like some of the best brakes on the market, with none of their liabilities."

"The BattleComp gives the end user excellent muzzle control WITHOUT the excessive concussion and crushing blast produced by most compensators on the market — with flash comparable to an A2 — and all in an A2-sized package."

Personally, I'd say numbers 1 & 2 are reasonably accurate.  Number 3 depends on a couple of factors, type of ammunition being heavily dependent. 

I view a BC as more of a hybrid.....not a true comp and not a true FH.  It will have its pluses and minuses depending on barrel length, ammo, etc. 

Marketing is marketing, I expect some sort of slant and agenda.  I can't shake the feeling that if they sold the BC for $30, a ton of people would be jumping to their defense.  Kinda like how PSA gets a lot of slack because they sell things at such a low price.

Personally, I'd say numbers 1 & 2 are reasonably accurate.  Number 3 depends on a couple of factors, type of ammunition being heavily dependent. 

I view a BC as more of a hybrid.....not a true comp and not a true FH.  It will have its pluses and minuses depending on barrel length, ammo, etc. 

Marketing is marketing, I expect some sort of slant and agenda.  I can't shake the feeling that if they sold the BC for $30, a ton of people would be jumping to their defense.  Kinda like how PSA gets a lot of slack because they sell things at such a low price.

Yep. Every once in awhile, something will ball up in it and it will belch a pretty good fireball. But I agree, 1 & 2 describe the thing pretty well. 

I can not.  I have never even fired an M16 or M4 on auto.  Nor have I used a Battlecomp.  

My comment was not directed at you or the BC.  I apologize for not making that clear.  I was mainly referring to the excessive enthusiasm that some have for the latest and greatest because of who makes or markets it.  I have no doubt that the Battlecomp works well for your purposes.  But I have little interest in muzzle deflection and I do have more interest in flash suppression and less rearward muzzle blast.  According to the video that I saw, the BC will not suit my interests.  That's all.

Oh, I agree. Lots of trendy tacticool crap comes along. This product just isn't one of them. The article pissed me off, because the guy was comparing apples and oranges. HE is the one that misrepresented the product, not the company.

The Battlecomp may have been in the trend zone for awhile, but it also performed as expected for me. I may even buy another one if I'm trying to tame a light weight 5.56 carbine.